PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many Superbowls would Tony Eason win under Belicheck?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How many superbowls would Tony Eason win under Bellicheck?

Votes: 7 53.8%

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 3+

Votes: 3 23.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Tony Eason", is on the fast track to the "dead to me" list.

300+ views and 5 total votes. I'm guessing if available, 0
would have 300 or so votes.

Bostonian1962 said:
Started my day off laughing out loud! 47 years old! LOL Good one BG!

:D I am just trying to be a voice of reason in a world gone mad......

i voted 1.

i think that he could have won one if he could have found a BB kind of head coach.

the talent was there but the talent alone is not enough in the Nfl.

anyway he played also very good games for us.

and normally i respect the players that dressed our uniform.

mgteich said:
In the first offensive series, our blocking TE was injured (Marv Cook I think) and the game was over.

I can't remember his name either, but I don't think it was Cook.

I always thought Eason got a bad rap. Look at his games vs. Miami, Oakland, NYJ! He steered us through something never done again until yesterday. Eason was often cool under pressure --- too cool, some thought (as in not passionate).

shakadave said:
I can't remember his name either, but I don't think it was Cook.

I always thought Eason got a bad rap. Look at his games vs. Miami, Oakland, NYJ! He steered us through something never done again until yesterday. Eason was often cool under pressure --- too cool, some thought (as in not passionate).

No, it was Len Dawson. Beautiful first play call, but we had to settle for a FG when he blew his hammie. He never came back to what he was after that and he was a very good TE.

What about Steve Grogan? I would bet that BB would love a guy that had the toughness of Grogan.

FloridaPatsFan said:
What about Steve Grogan? I would bet that BB would love a guy that had the toughness of Grogan.

I think they would have fit together well!! I still think Grogan is bitter about that SB. It is kind of the opposite of Brady/Bledsoe. BB going with the younger qb was the right move, Berry doing the same thing was the wrong move! BB would have started and stayed with Grogan!

PATSNUTme said:
No, it was Len Dawson. Beautiful first play call, but we had to settle for a FG when he blew his hammie. He never came back to what he was after that and he was a very good TE.

Lin Dawson. Len Dawson was KC's QB in the 60's and early 70's.

Lin was just about to break through, had great potential and actually was an ordained minister in the offseason. One of the undermentioned tragedies of that SB (to be outdone by the catastrophic drug news broken the next day in the Globe).

Tony Eason lacked testicles. :( :(

Bill's Girl said:
I think they would have fit together well!! I still think Grogan is bitter about that SB. It is kind of the opposite of Brady/Bledsoe. BB going with the younger qb was the right move, Berry doing the same thing was the wrong move! BB would have started and stayed with Grogan!

Now that Josh MacDaniels is the OC, why not give the vacant QB coaching job to Grogan? Grogan's still one of my all time favorite QB's bar none. I loved the way he would call for a pass play on 4th and inches, or the QB naked bootleg with no safety net. The guy was great, but outside of the AFC east, he hardly gets the recognition he deserves.

And hell yes, BB would have never put Eason in unless they carried Grogan off the field on a stretcher....which is pretty much the only way Grogan would come out of a game.

Last edited:
FloridaPatsFan said:
Now that Josh MacDaniels is the OC, why not give the vacant QB coaching job to Grogan? Grogan's still one of my all time favorite QB's bar none. I loved the way he would call for a pass play on 4th and inches, or the QB naked bootleg with no safety net. The guy was great, but outside of the AFC east, he hardly gets the recognition he deserves.

And hell yes, BB would have never put Eason in unless they carried Grogan off the field on a stretcher....which is pretty much the only way Grogan would come out of a game.

I was thinking Flutie for qb coach. He was great working with Cassel this season, it would be a natural progression.

RayClay said:
Tony Eason lacked testicles. :( :(

As does the troll poster who has taken his name, it would seem.

Bill's Girl said:
I was thinking Flutie for qb coach. He was great working with Cassel this season, it would be a natural progression.

Has Flutie ever publicly stated his interest in coaching? I'm pretty sure after the Pats QB coach died a couple of years ago (I forget his name...shamefully), that Grogans name got kicked around but he was never offered the job. Maybe because BB and Grogan have different offensive philosiphies? But Flutie is definately on the inside if there was a chance for a job to open up. Interesting thought.

FloridaPatsFan said:
Has Flutie ever publicly stated his interest in coaching? I'm pretty sure after the Pats QB coach died a couple of years ago (I forget his name...shamefully), that Grogans name got kicked around but he was never offered the job. Maybe because BB and Grogan have different offensive philosiphies? But Flutie is definately on the inside if there was a chance for a job to open up. Interesting thought.

You are thinking of **** Rehbein, he passed away during training camp in 2001. I have heard that Flutie wants to coach HS football, but would you turn down the chance to coach with Bill?? I think Doug was brought in to help with Matt Cassel. The Patriots signed him on 4/30, six days after Cassel was drafted....coincidence? I think not!

Bill's Girl said:
You are thinking of **** Rehbein, he passed away during training camp in 2001. I have heard that Flutie wants to coach HS football, but would you turn down the chance to coach with Bill?? I think Doug was brought in to help with Matt Cassel. The Patriots signed him on 4/30, six days after Cassel was drafted....coincidence? I think not!

Thanks for replying. **** Rehbein.....Sounded like a guy everyone was glad to work with. And if I remember this right, wasn't Rehbein the only guy in the whole Patriots organization who said they should draft a kid named "Tom Brady"?

FloridaPatsFan said:
Thanks for replying. **** Rehbein.....Sounded like a guy everyone was glad to work with. And if I remember this right, wasn't Rehbein the only guy in the whole Patriots organization who said they should draft a kid named "Tom Brady"?

No, but you are close...... The Patriots wanted to draft a qb in the 2000 draft. They had it narrowed down to Tommy and Tim Rattay. BB sent Rehbein to see both of them play. BB asked which one of the two he would chose and Rehbein said Brady.

> Grogan would have been gutsier and probably ended up on crutches

Speaking of crutches, what was the status of Grogan's broken leg by the time of the Superbowl? Was he even ready to play?

buile said:
> Grogan would have been gutsier and probably ended up on crutches

Speaking of crutches, what was the status of Grogan's broken leg by the time of the Superbowl? Was he even ready to play?

Grogan did play in the Super Bowl. He just didn't start the game. Eason did.

Eason did not want to be hit. He was concerned that he would end up crippled in later life. He had the talent to be a football player but he did not have the heart and the toughness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey