PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Happy? Niners fire Rat-gini.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think everyone is remembering clearly. He gave his mentor BB a big FU as soon as he got a sniff of an HC opportunity. BB counseled him to not take Jets in the division. The Rat started poaching assistants and coaches right away. He was trying to steal the playbook. He basically did everything that said he didn't appreciate the mentor ship and extraordinary support he had been given. This was all before he reported NEP to the league office for doing exactly what he had been doing two weeks earlier.

Look at how Josh has handled himself. Or Bill O'Brien. High principled men. Not a disloyal juvenile Rat.

I will never forget or get perspective on him.

Well said!

Mangini can go f*** himself, its unforgivable what he did to this team and the manner in which he did it was deplorable

I used to hate him until Defamegate made me realize this whole Patriots persecution thing is about the NFL and other owners, not Mangini. I genuinely believe Mangini feels horrible about how everything turned out and is is as shocked as Patriots fans about how overblown "Spygate" was.

Maybe . . . he is on record saying he thought the whole thing was overblown. If he takes the next step and explains to everyone WHY this thing was so overblown, he'll earn my respect. Until then, f*ck him!

Maybe . . . he is on record saying he thought the whole thing was overblown. If he takes the next step and explains to everyone WHY this thing was so overblown, he'll earn my respect. Until then, f*ck him!
Mangini has explained that he didn't expect the league to be as punitive as it was with the Patriots. Well, it was and he instigated it -- so any mea culpas from his end after the fact are irrelevant. He seriously hurt his mentor and his mentor's organization; whether he's due any degree of forgiveness is up to BB.

Personally, I'm with others here who as fans have moved on from that situation. Mangini got payback via a soiled reputation as someone not to be trusted, which I'm sure has factored into why his career has floundered. Am I "happy" that he's struggling? Nah. But neither am I worried for the guy.

201-Goodfellas-quotes.gif

How can you feel for this guy? He was a ball boy that Bill found in a parking lot. Bill picked him up like Jesus did to that guy in the footprints story and carried him into being a millionaire NFL coach. This isn't even a sports topic to me. This is about him being a piece of ****, dump of a human being who turned on someone kind enough to give him a piggy back ride to the top.

Hell, I'm loyal to my friends and the only place they ever carried me is home when I was too drunk.

201-Goodfellas-quotes.gif

How can you feel for this guy? He was a ball boy that Bill found in a parking lot. Bill picked him up like Jesus did to that guy in the footprints story and carried him into being a millionaire NFL coach. This isn't even a sports topic to me. This is about him being a piece of ****, dump of a human being who turned on someone kind enough to give him a piggy back ride to the top.

Hell, I'm loyal to my friends and the only place they ever carried me is home when I was too drunk.
And it wasn't just any friend. It was Bill ****in Bellichick.

Mangini has explained that he didn't expect the league to be as punitive as it was with the Patriots. Well, it was and he instigated it -- so any mea culpas from his end after the fact are irrelevant. He seriously hurt his mentor and his mentor's organization; whether he's due any degree of forgiveness is up to BB.

Personally, I'm with others here who as fans have moved on from that situation. Mangini got payback via a soiled reputation as someone not to be trusted, which I'm sure has factored into why his career has floundered. Am I "happy" that he's struggling? Nah. But neither am I worried for the guy.

I'm looking for something along the lines of "it had no impact on the game," "it was a common practice among many teams and was ignored by the league until the Patriots were charged with it," and maybe "this was all political." As far as I know, he never said anything like this. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm looking for something along the lines of "it had no impact on the game," "it was a common practice among many teams and was ignored by the league until the Patriots were charged with it," and maybe "this was all political." As far as I know, he never said anything like this. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Well, he can't say any of that because he was the one who blew the whistle. If he did it would seem insincere and make him look worse than he does already. He has admitted regretting the whole thing, but that's of little consequence.

I used to hate him until Defamegate made me realize this whole Patriots persecution thing is about the NFL and other owners, not Mangini. I genuinely believe Mangini feels horrible about how everything turned out and is is as shocked as Patriots fans about how overblown "Spygate" was.
And what else I've realized: yes the commish is incompetent, but he's basically the puppet that is pulled by the owners strings. The owners are the ones who really run this league.

I don't think everyone is remembering clearly. He gave his mentor BB a big FU as soon as he got a sniff of an HC opportunity. BB counseled him to not take Jets in the division. The Rat started poaching assistants and coaches right away. He was trying to steal the playbook. He basically did everything that said he didn't appreciate the mentor ship and extraordinary support he had been given. This was all before he reported NEP to the league office for doing exactly what he had been doing two weeks earlier.

Look at how Josh has handled himself. Or Bill O'Brien. High principled men. Not a disloyal juvenile Rat.

I will never forget or get perspective on him.

I haven't ever asked this...

But if there's any Chance of persuading anyone who's "Agreed" with this to go with the "Winner" upgrade...

I hope you'll consider it. Mangini is Scum, and this Post is perfect.

Just curious as to why you feel that way? It's been a long time since he was fired from the Jets and free to talk about "spygate" without hurting his position with the team/fanbase. Has he stated something publicly that I am not aware of??

Thanks for the link Ice.

So Ratgini regretted the league got involved after he called the league? And he just wanted the Patriots to not videotape in their stadium even though he would already know videotaping was commonplace and happening in every stadium from whatever area? Even though the simple and common act of changing up signals would make even a small value of taping game situations to signals all but moot (video or no video, basically every sport that uses signals knows signals are stolen, and signal simply need to be changed up).
IMHO this is not Ratgini expressing regret. It was Ratgini stating a whole lot of careful wording and acute excuse making. It was quite a bit like someone reading well thought out sentiments. And ultimately it was clear it was self serving as he states "our super bowls" were smeared. In 2012, as the article points to, he was now basically out of chances for a top job due to failure and the perception of his lack of loyalty. So now all of a sudden his clearly willful and purposeful attempt to harm BB was just sooo regretted?? Not at the time of his headcoaching career, right at the time he was now on the dung heap of headcoaching failure to go with a negative perception of him ("Ratgini") in NFL circles??

Ratgini, thanks in significant part to BB, had the NFL coaching world as his doormat. All kinds of opportunities were open or would be open up for him. Yet he did what he did on multiple occasions willfully and purposefully. And this article is not someone regretting his multiple examples of scummy actions. So Ratgini finding himself where he is -- a HC failure with a nickname of 'Ratgini' is what I view as karma working itself out properly. I rarely feel sorry when karma works itself out properly.

Mangini may end up as a ball boy in Green Bay.

Rats love cheese !

1) It wasn't that they taped, just where they taped from, and had been told not to tape from there. I mean every single signal is on tape for gods sake.

2) About Mangenius: Yawn. Dude seems like he hasn't been big enough for the moments he has been in. Never liked him but dont care enough about his firing to react. I'm on to Denver.

Sadly Fredo is the only villain to suffer substantially for his offense against Patriots Empire. Goodell, Kensil, Wells, the Colts ownership, GM, Kraft's vaunted Other 31, etc. are still in business while Fredo's career has been a downhill slalom race ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3