PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Happy? Niners fire Rat-gini.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to hate him until Defamegate made me realize this whole Patriots persecution thing is about the NFL and other owners, not Mangini. I genuinely believe Mangini feels horrible about how everything turned out and is is as shocked as Patriots fans about how overblown "Spygate" was.

I used to hate him until Defamegate made me realize this whole Patriots persecution thing is about the NFL and other owners, not Mangini. I genuinely believe Mangini feels horrible about how everything turned out and is is as shocked as Patriots fans about how overblown "Spygate" was.

These owners are like children playing a game on the playground. They're tired of the same kid winning all the time so they gang up against him an call him a cheater.

Chip Kelly: "Hi Bill? It's Chip Kelly."
BB: "Hi Chip. Congratulations on getting the San Francisco job. That's a good situation out there for you. Maybe we can do something in training camp like last year. What's up?"
Chip Kelly: "Well, I'm putting together my staff and I was wondering if you think I should retain Eric Mangini as my Defensive Coordinator."
Long, awkward silence.
Chip Kelly: "Thanks, Bill. Beat the Broncos on Sunday."
BB: "Thanks, Chip. Good luck out there."

Last edited:
Yeah, time has given me a much kinder perspective on Mangini. I think he just wanted to get into his mentor's head a bit and understandably had no idea what he started. D-Gate sealed that for me.

I don't think everyone is remembering clearly. He gave his mentor BB a big FU as soon as he got a sniff of an HC opportunity. BB counseled him to not take Jets in the division. The Rat started poaching assistants and coaches right away. He was trying to steal the playbook. He basically did everything that said he didn't appreciate the mentor ship and extraordinary support he had been given. This was all before he reported NEP to the league office for doing exactly what he had been doing two weeks earlier.

Look at how Josh has handled himself. Or Bill O'Brien. High principled men. Not a disloyal juvenile Rat.

I will never forget or get perspective on him.

Chip Kelly: "Hi Bill? It's Chip Kelly."
BB: "Hi Chip. Congratulations on getting the San Francisco job. That's a good situation out there for you. Maybe we can do something in training camp like last year. What's up?"
Chip Kelly: "Well, I'm putting together my staff and I was wondering if you think I should retain Eric Mangini as my Offensive Coodirnator."
Long, awkward silence.
Chip Kelly: "Thanks, Bill. Beat the Broncos on Sunday."
BB: "Thanks, Chip. Good luck out there."

giphy.gif

:)

You don't take a job in the same division. That is understudy 101. A lot of people will not trust you to do the right thing. There is no rule that prevents him from taking a job in the same division. Koetter imo is in a similar position, the way he got the job just reeks of backstabbing. It may not be the case, but if he does not succeed, he too will not be trusted.

Last edited:
Meh, I stopped caring after XLIX, maybe even before, but that was the final nail.

I don't think everyone is remembering clearly. He gave his mentor BB a big FU as soon as he got a sniff of an HC opportunity. BB counseled him to not take Jets in the division. The Rat started poaching assistants and coaches right away. He was trying to steal the playbook.
In addition, Judas had only been the DC one year, a mediocre year in which he had the play calling taken from him for a while. He wasn't close to ready and I highly doubt Belichick was impressed with him going for a promotion when his apprenticeship was in it's infancy. Judas was like a 2 month old fetus being born. No chance to survive.

The 49er's offered Vrabel the job before firing Mangini? I don't like Mangini either but that's not cool.

Jeez, I didnt know he was still in the nfl

How bad is it for Mangini?

The team offers your DC job to Vrabel who declines and then the 49ers fires Mangini anyway. If the Pats take care of business on Sunday, BB will be rolling into Manginis former place of employment and no doubt meeting up with Executioner Kelly at some point. Mangini is likely locked out of the facility and BB welcomed in with open arms.

That may be true, but it doesn't excuse him trying to pilfer Pats' players and coaches after being hired by the Rats, but while he was still with the Pats, or stealing the Pats' playbook.

The Pats had to change the locks on their doors to thwart the Rat.

What goes around, comes around.. payback is a bytch.

When your Ex hooks up with someone else in your neighborhood it's awkward but somewhat forgivable.

When your Ex hooks up with someone else in your neighborhood, takes your dog (or playbook), your friends (or coordinators) with her/him and brings in the cops to file a restraining order he/she can just go to hell.

I stopped caring about him a long time ago. He hasn't done very well since leaving the Patriots and BB has been more than fine after he Mangini left !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes