PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How dare pundits say the Chargers lost, when the Pats won

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.) I don't lie, and, if you continue with such comments, this is going to get very unpleasant for readers.

2.) Your argument was wrong. Your continued defense of it just makes you look like a fool. According to NFL.com, 54 yards was the longest field goal attempted by Kaeding this season. Kaeding had only tried one field goal from 50+ this season. Furthermore, if I did the math correctly, kickers were only 40 of 81 from 50+ yards this past season. Even if I missed a kick in my addition, the rate remains essentially a 50/50 shot. In other words, Belichick and the Patriots put the Chargers into a position where the success rate was about 50/50 this year. How that supposedly had nothing to do with the missed field goal is one for you to work out with your analyst. Belichick didn't block the kick? So what? He and the Patriots put San Diego in a position where they had a long kick to tie up the game, and only about a 50% chance of success. News flash: That's coaching.

The truly sad part is that if the Patriots HAD blocked the kick, you'd probably be marking that down as yet another Chargers mistake instead of crediting the Patriots.

1.) You did lie and manipulate what I said. I really don't care what you want to say. Have your temper tantrum for all I care. Do you want me to hold your pacifier?

2.) You obviously know nothing about coaching because there comes a point in time when your players just have to make the plays. Newsflash: You know exactly what I meant and your being an arse.

The truly sad part is that you have no idea what I would think, but you just want an excuse to throw a hissy fit. Good luck I hope you will be ok changing your diaper. I'm done with your hostility.

It was all of the above. Graham actually layed him out at the end of the play about right when the whistle was blowing the play dead. So yeah he was pissed but he should have kept his head.
There was nothing wrong with Grahams hit if thats what you are suggesting. Florence wasnt pissed, he thinks he is hot **** and got all up in Grahams face.

1 reason the Pats won. THEY ARE SMART

1 reason the Chargers lost. They have quite a circus of idiots.

Last edited:
1.) You did lie and manipulate what I said. I really don't care what you want to say. Have your temper tantrum for all I care. Do you want me to hold your pacifier?

2.) You obviously know nothing about coaching because there comes a point in time when your players just have to make the plays. Newsflash: You know exactly what I meant and your being an arse.

The truly sad part is that you have no idea what I would think, but you just want an excuse to throw a hissy fit. Good luck I hope you will be ok changing your diaper. I'm done with your hostility.

There was no hostility by me, just well deserved derision regarding your shoddily developed, poorly crafted, and horribly defended, argument. And, I never lied or manipulated what you said. In fact, I even quoted your argument and brought forth facts and statistics to back up my points, particularly about the field goal attempt, unlike yourself. There was only you being wrong and refusing to admit it. I'm not even the first person on this thread that you've had this problem with.

As for your second argument, you are now clearly desperate. Now it's apparently all about Belichick not PERSONALLY making plays. Even the Charger trolls that were more sensible than that.

To focus solely on the field goal, and summarize:

1.) No matter what the reason, SD was out of timeouts.

2.) Belichick and company called and executed defenses which allowed yardage to be gained by SD at the expense of clock time. This is known as a prevent defense, something which routinely prevents the team using it from winning the game.

3.) Because of the successful execution by the Patriots, the clock time did, indeed, wind down and San Diego was forced to go for a field goal attempt with under 10 seconds left in the game.

4.) Because of the successful execution by the Patriots, Kaeding was put into the position of having to kick a 54 yard field goal, the longest field goal he'd attempted all year (his only previous 50+ yard attempt this season had also been 54 yards), and it was going into the wind.

5.) Because of the successful execution by the Patriots, Kaeding was forced to attempt the kick from over 50 yards, the distance from which NFL kickers had just a 50% success rate on the season, including the dome kickers.

You can insist all you want that Belichick/New England had nothing to do with all that, but you'll be wrong every time you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes