PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hold. On. To. The. Ball. In. The. Redzone.

Yes you did. It's okay to admit it you don't always have to be right. You made it sound like I was calling anything the refs did a mistake and I wasn't. If you wanna be like pretty much every other upset NFL fan and blame the refs on losing go ahead. I'm not going to argue with you.
I mean I totally agree with the idea that it's futile, so pretty pointless to discuss, but officials absolutely affect the outcome of games. In fact, I'd say a given official potentially has more control over the outcome of a given game than a given player.

It's silly to rage about it because it can't be changed after the fact, but officiating in the NFL is one of the single most meaningful variables regarding the outcomes of games.

Ball was out before he went down, dam shame.
Looked like harris had recovered and was clearly down after the strip though...

The Stevenson fumble...gtfo with that ****.

Still want to see wtf Judon did to earn the flag on the kick.

That said, don't give the zebras a chance to blow the fumble calls. We all know how horrible NY is with replay. Pretty sure they're all blind and the NYFL clearly hasn't got them a copy of the rulebook in brail. This explains Boger's issues too.

High and tight!

got to hold onto the ball. This was a brutal way to lose.

They hold onto the football they win handily

Yep. Lousy feeling now, but ultimately not a huge deal in the grand scheme. The Pats were the better team with the better QB.

Battle, war ... forest, trees.

Loved what I saw from Mac. The mistakes that lost the game are correctable.

I'd much rather lose in week 1 but beat Miami late in the season and clinch the division, than have a repeat of last season where we won the opener but tailed off late.

Yep. Lousy feeling now, but ultimately not a huge deal in the grand scheme. The Pats were the better team with the better QB.

Battle, war ... forest, trees.

Loved what I saw from Mac. The mistakes that lost the game are correctable.

I'd much rather lose in week 1 but beat Miami late in the season and clinch the division, than have a repeat of last season where we won the opener but tailed off late.
Yep. Always sucks to lose but to see Mac drive the team down the field numerous times is f____king huge.

Lots of bumps in the road coming but based on what I saw we have a legit NFL QB.

It is probably worth remembering that Stevenson was playing with a dislocated thumb. Maybe he was too hurt to come back in.

They hold onto the football they win handily

Offense was rolling in the 1st quarter in 12 personnel. I think Mac started 8/9 and Harris had 60 yards before the 2nd quarter.

Then the oc went on-brand and called a ton of spread shotgun , mis-using their 2 good TEs. The guy does not know TEs at all unless it's the goat Gronk which he did not develop (inherited)

Last edited:
Wondering if the limited playing time together hurt the offense. Mac, as far as I know, never played with the 1st team offense before tonight. I don't think the 1st team offense even played together until this game. Which could explain the mistakes, penalties, etc.

I think he was sent to the BB Phantom Zone
I read this morning that he was the one who missed the block on the roughing the passer call so I think you are right about the phantom zone. Rookies make mistakes, the good ones learn from them. Hopefully it is a short term set back.

interesting take here.......after his big run right before the fumble, Harris called for a sub.....he looked gassed on the sideline

he was only out for a play or two, and was right back in there....tired backs tend to fumble more, and i remember saying to my dad 'they put him back in too quickly'

gotta protect the ball, but also gotta put players in position to succeed

What's sickening is Football knowledgable people blaming the player for the REFS fubaring things.

Sorry to burst the bubble of your rant, but HARRIS was down, with the ball under him, long before Howard came in. The REPLAY showed it. End of Discussion.

Stevenson was also down, no clue how that wasn't reversed. hilarious how it was clete blakeman's crew once again

Untitled.png

That was at least 6 points taken off the board because of clete blakeman's crew being quick to call fumble in favor of the lolphins, then add in the phantom hold call on harris td run, I don't want to hear anyone talking about the "bogus" but rightly called roughing the passer

10 points off the board because of clete blakeman's incompetent crew

When watching the game, it felt like this was the floor for this team in terms of execution and dumb stuff and I was ok with that.

interesting take here.......after his big run right before the fumble, Harris called for a sub.....he looked gassed on the sideline

he was only out for a play or two, and was right back in there....tired backs tend to fumble more, and i remember saying to my dad 'they put him back in too quickly'

gotta protect the ball, but also gotta put players in position to succeed

I get it, but geez. 40 snaps? 23 carries?? Really???

I know it's hot, but they've practiced all summer.

Isn't this the guy who runs for a TD after every practice run? He should be in better shape.

The Patriots wouldn't have been in a position to win if not for Harris. No ball carrier should fumble, but I can't fault Harris.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back