PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hold. On. To. The. Ball. In. The. Redzone.

The fumbling was excruciating. But, allowing easy TDs in the beginning of both the game & the second half : also frustrating.

Mac was great. His mates let him down. And he bailed them out several times. But who could ask for much more ?

Mac was getting crushed. Turnstile Herron is in for Trent Brown, you have 2 tight ends, and the idiot OC keeps calling for spread shotgun over and over in the second half??? Mac isn't going to last the season like this

Not a hard concept. And if you do fumble? And it’s on your stomach? Pin in down and don’t let someone take it from you.

Sickening way to start the season.

What's sickening is Football knowledgable people blaming the player for the REFS fubaring things.

Sorry to burst the bubble of your rant, but HARRIS was down, with the ball under him, long before Howard came in. The REPLAY showed it. End of Discussion.

Is it just me or was Harris down before the fumble?

You can only control what you can control. We can't control what calls the refs make or don't make. We can control the mistakes we make.
ROFLMAO. When the refs are calling phantom calls on your team that takes points off the board, how is that a "mistake"? Yeah.. Didn't think it was. SMH.

Stevenson had the ball IN HIS ARM SECURELY when his butt hit the ground. That's call being down by EVERY FOOTBALL RULE. The Ref claiming a FUMBLE because the ball came loose is called MAKING S**T up. How is THAT a mistake??

Phillips getting blocked in the back is a mistake how?

What EXACTLY did Judon do on the kick-off that earned the flag? They didn't show a replay. How was that a MISTAKE? (really want to hear your explanation for that one).

Dam shame. The kid did good. Now we gotta solve STUPID penalties and turnovers from the rest of the team. Come on man... Pro football, no mistakes, you get paid to be smart with the ball.

What's sickening is Football knowledgable people blaming the player for the REFS fubaring things.

Sorry to burst the bubble of your rant, but HARRIS was down, with the ball under him, long before Howard came in. The REPLAY showed it. End of Discussion.

It's like you live in an alternate universe.

ROFLMAO. When the refs are calling phantom calls on your team that takes points off the board, how is that a "mistake"? Yeah.. Didn't think it was. SMH.

Stevenson had the ball IN HIS ARM SECURELY when his butt hit the ground. That's call being down by EVERY FOOTBALL RULE. The Ref claiming a FUMBLE because the ball came loose is called MAKING S**T up. How is THAT a mistake??

Phillips getting blocked in the back is a mistake how?

What EXACTLY did Judon do on the kick-off that earned the flag? They didn't show a replay. How was that a MISTAKE? (really want to hear your explanation for that one).

You misread my post.........the mistakes I was talking about were the mistakes made by our team. My point was, we can only control our mistakes. We can't control if the ref throws a flag or not. We made far too many errors today and that is why we lost the game.

The refs wanted to send a message to Mac and the Pats that any perceived preference was gone. Both fumble calls were ticky-tack at best....even with review.

It wasn't you. I thought that call was BS.
I just saw the Stevenson fumble and he was clearly down. His body language indicated that as well as he got up walking back to the huddle. That was terrible.

BB has checked out & doesn’t have his team ready to play. Too much time hanging out with Mike Lombardi at practice. Letting his son call the defense. It’s time for BB ride off into the sunset & let Josh McDaniels take over.

You misread my post.........the mistakes I was talking about were the mistakes made by our team. My point was, we can only control our mistakes. We can't control if the ref throws a flag or not. We made far too many errors today and that is why we lost the game.

Judon took a flag for unnecessary roughness. THAT's a "mistake". Tell me WTF he did because there was no replay and it wasn't on camera during the play.

Tell Phillips that his getting blocked in the back was a "mistake".

I didn't misread anything. I'm CALLING BS on it. Plain and simple. Your comments in the game day thread were just as ridiculous.

Did the Pats make mistakes. Yep. They're human. But only someone ignorant of the game say it's all on the players when the REFS botched so many things during the game. Not acknowledging that is giving them a pass and acting like they didn't affect the outcome.

BB has checked out & doesn’t have his team ready to play. Too much time hanging out with Mike Lombardi at practice. Letting his son call the defense. It’s time for BB ride off into the sunset & let Josh McDaniels take over.
Oh man, I can’t wait for the reactions to this.

Harris is a tough runner and you never want to tell a guy not to run hard, but damn, that's poor situational awareness yet again from NFL players that should know better. You're in game icing territory on that play. You're down one point and you're in field goal range already and it's first down. You're not even trying to score in that situation if you're running the ball. Clearly an attempt to eat clock on first down.

So that's something Harris should have been thinking about long before the snap or even the play call. When you're stopped after a couple yards, you have to know that they're looking to hold you up and strip the ball. It's their only real chance to win the game in that situation.

Just go down, man. Wrap both arms around the ball and go down. You're not gonna blast through four or five defenders like Neo when all those Agent Smiths were hog piling him and those dudes are looking for that ball. Stay within yourself, be a smart player.

With all that said, there are coaches for this very reason. Not every player has great football intelligence and situational awareness, so you have to make it a point to remind these guys if necessary.

Judon took a flag for unnecessary roughness. THAT's a "mistake". Tell me WTF he did because there was no replay and it wasn't on camera during the play.

Tell Phillips that his getting blocked in the back was a "mistake".

I didn't misread anything. I'm CALLING BS on it. Plain and simple. Your comments in the game day thread were just as ridiculous.

Did the Pats make mistakes. Yep. They're human. But only someone ignorant of the game say it's all on the players when the REFS botched so many things during the game. Not acknowledging that is giving them a pass and acting like they didn't affect the outcome.

Yes you did. It's okay to admit it you don't always have to be right. You made it sound like I was calling anything the refs did a mistake and I wasn't. If you wanna be like pretty much every other upset NFL fan and blame the refs on losing go ahead. I'm not going to argue with you.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back