PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hogan's Injury Leaves Patriots In Tough Shape Heading Into the Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word on the MRI?

No injury report due to the Bye. You'll probably have to wait until next week.

The team doesn't need to disclose much unless they decide to give up the roster spot. OUT doesn't tell us much.

Josh gordon needs to apply for reinstatement. I'd trade a late rd pick for him.

That rookie from northwestern would look good about now.

No injury report due to the Bye. You'll probably have to wait until next week.

I think he means from the mediots. If it was bad I think we wouldve heard something on the twitterverse by now

Kenbrell Thompkins is a FA....at least he has familiarity with the system.

giphy.gif

I think he means from the mediots. If it was bad I think we wouldve heard something on the twitterverse by now
I think we won’t hear anything until after the trade deadline if B.B. has any say in it. If it’s as bad as I predict you don’t want to look desperate to your trade partner, it’s cutthroat

What a relief!

Watching the replay, it looks like he definitely has an AC Sep and probably has damaged the ligaments in there as well. The good thing is that this can be repaired but the bad thing is, it’s going to take some time. I don’t like being all doom and gloom but he’s done for the season.
Did the Holiday Inn have a comfortable bed last night?

Did the Holiday Inn have a comfortable bed last night?
LOL well played...but maybe a bit early! I'll believe that tweet when Hogan suits up. Two things to think of. First, did you see his reaction to treatment on the sideline or his mobility? The tweet makes it sound like he couldn't tolerate the pain...which...it's Hogan we are talking about and he's never been reported to have a low pain threshold. The second thing is the timing of coming out with anything prognosis-wise while they are trying to wheel and deal. If he is indeed lost for the season (which I still reluctantly believe) then it puts NE in a dire need for replacement and the value of those caliber players just went through the roof! Let's see what comes of this. On the plus-side of this, absolute worst case, he goes through a reconstruction, which unlike other joints, can get him another 10 years along with added durability depending on the procedure ie; fiber wire over cadaver ligaments. I've endured this for both shoulders.

He was hit directly on the shoulder, but in the most protected position possible - arm close into the body. His shoulder was not yanked or torqued. Shoulder injuries hurt a lot, it takes the imaging to sort out the severity. And most heal without surgery - he is not a baseball pitcher.

Watching the replay, it looks like he definitely has an AC Sep and probably has damaged the ligaments in there as well. The good thing is that this can be repaired but the bad thing is, it’s going to take some time. I don’t like being all doom and gloom but he’s done for the season.
Nice call. Thanks for weighing in. How are you at predicting weather?:rolleyes:

Interesting point.

Hopefully Dorsett could put up some Keyshawn Martin-like production if called upon.
The Real Thing is still available, if you're interested.

Last edited:
Dorsett should be good now considering the paltry amount of snaps he's been getting because of our WR Dept Chart. I think if he gets over 40 snaps we'll see a different player with good results.

In week-2 @NOL, Dorsett caught 3 for 3 for 68 yards and had an end-around for 7 yards in 32 snaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back