PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

HOF for Adam?

Vinatieri is a no brainer for Canton...eventually. I don't see any kicker getting in on their first year. The voters will make him wait a few and take advantage of a weaker class to enshrine some of their backlogs at other positions.

The only 1st ballot I see here is Kuechly, and his closest comp - Patrick Willis - had to wait a few years to get in.

No. You didn't mention anything about first ballot.
Well, that’s what I meant. Already knew Morten was in, the other guy not so much.

Ray Guy got in as a punter, but had to wait an eternity. You’d figure Shane Lechler is next in line at that position.

How about Adam's long snapper?

It’s just disappointing they’re using a Colts photo. No offense to Adam, and I know he had his issues here at the end, but if it wasn’t for his playoff performances with the Pats he doesn’t even get a whiff of the Hall. He needs a Patriots photo to make his argument.

It’s just disappointing they’re using a Colts photo. No offense to Adam, and I know he had his issues here at the end, but if it wasn’t for his playoff performances with the Pats he doesn’t even get a whiff of the Hall. He needs a Patriots photo to make his argument.
I agree but tbh he spent 14 seasons there, won a Super Bowl there, broke the scoring record there, and in the Super Bowl run he had a game where he straight up won a game kicking when Peyton **** the bed. His more iconic moments were here in 01 and 03. But a big part of his resume is there as well and it was over half his career.

He'll get in eventually. He made some very big kicks to help win Super Bowls. The only knock on him is he's had some pretty mediocre years and just hung around the league to pad his stats.

No way Eli gets in.

Hell yea on Vinny, as a Pat or Colt, who cares.
Eli is getting in, like NAmath and his mediocre stats got it, based on 2 post seasons when he caught lightning in a bottle and his last name and being in NY.. Other than 07 and 11, he didn't win a playoff game (0-4)

Well, as far as his 'mediocre' years, you have to look at when he got his career started. Look at the career leaders in FG percentages for guys who started around then. They're all around 80 or so. It was a different era.

https://www.footballdb.com/leaders/career-fieldgoals-pct Just look at their start and end dates. Pretty much all of them started their career well into the 21st century.

Morten Andersen doesn't even make the list and he was the career percentage leader if you stopped the list when he retired.

Up until the 90s, you could have a 50 percent season and not be cut midseason:) Tony Franklin Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Draft, College | Pro-Football-Reference.com

I mean, the standards just changed radically in a very short span of time.

He should already be in.

Vinatieri is a no brainer for Canton...eventually. I don't see any kicker getting in on their first year. The voters will make him wait a few and take advantage of a weaker class to enshrine some of their backlogs at other positions.

The only 1st ballot I see here is Kuechly, and his closest comp - Patrick Willis - had to wait a few years to get in.
why didnt we draft a local guy

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back