PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hobbs bashes the Patriots and accuses players of faking injuries (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That and he was scheduled to make $2.55m in base this year.

Mostly in earned incentives...go figure. We dropped $2.75M in signing bonus on Shawn Springs. I hope he makes this loaded opening day secondary roster or at least sees the field...let alone makes his incentives. I hope the problem was the secondary and not the pass rush and that we've fixed it by throwing money and multiple draft picks at it. I just haven't seen any compelling evidence of that yet.

Last edited:
Re: Hobbs: "guys were faking injuries"

We are well aware of it. For your information, we don't merge threads when Ian later starts a thread on a same subject. If it has a lightbulb icon, it doesn't get merged.

He's the owner of the website and pays money out of his OWN pocket to keep this site up and running, while whiners like you have free use of the site, do not donate and complain.

It's his prerogative. That's basic understanding.

1.) I noted that there were two threads on the same topic that hadn't been merged in response to another poster. Nashville and I were enjoying a little back and forth about having two threads which happened to turn into "bash Hobbs" threads. It was obviously not personal towards anyone.

2.) You're a mod and you're making cracks about me not donating when the owner of the website has explicitly said he doesn't want that done, yet you talk to me about basic understanding?

I have very valid, personal, reasons for not donating and they are none of your damned business. If I were in a position to give the site money, I would do so without hesitation. For reasons that I don't care to share with some stranger on the internet, I'm not currently able to. So, until such time as Ian allows people to attack those using his site for free, or until he makes this a pay site, feel free to follow the rules of the site owner and not snipe about people who've not donated. It's what the site owner wants. It's his prerogative. That's basic understanding.

Last edited:

He says that some guys were pulling down big checks and "faking" injuries. You're right if, having said that, he's willing to step up and name names; at the least, he should pick up the phone and tell the guys he was talking about that he was referring to them. But otherwise, it's a cheap, anonymous shot against a locker room that is generally regarded as being filled with warriors.
That is the point..he wishes to stir up trouble WITHOUT mnaming names..and also..who gave him a docror's degree? Maybe there WAS faking of injuries...but a what does HE REALLY know about others injuries?? Another reason why see him as pretty low...if he named names and came up to the plate TOTALLY I would have more respect for him..but like a coward he causes trouble and runs away..THAT is why I see him more of a trash talking big mouth slug. cheap shot Hobbs....he's with his friend money grabbing Asante..let them rot in Phillie...

That is the point..he wishes to stir up trouble WITHOUT mnaming names..and also..who gave him a docror's degree? Maybe there WAS faking of injuries...but a what does HE REALLY know about others injuries?? Another reason why see him as pretty low...if he named names and came up to the plate TOTALLY I would have more respect for him..but like a coward he causes trouble and runs away..THAT is why I see him more of a trash talking big mouth slug. cheap shot Hobbs....he's with his friend money grabbing Asante..let them rot in Phillie...

If he'd named names, the people named would naturally deny it and the same people bashing him for not naming names would be calling him a liar and insisting that <insert player name here> would NEVER, EVER, EVER do something like that, after talking about how classless it was to name names and demanding that Hobbs show 'proof' of said faking, as it such proof were possible short of convenient Polaroids.

Anyone following baseball and the steroids scandal could draw you a picture.

Deus -

Hobbs could've just kept his mouth shut. If he were such a warrior, he would have. This is on par with LdT calling himself "classy". Its sour grapes and running his mouth, and its a huge disservice to all the players in that locker room that he did this.

Take for instance you have the hosts on EEI this morning contemplating who might've been "faking" an injury. One name thrown out there was Adalius Thomas. Adalius Thomas, that's right, the guy who's arm was about to fall off in the Buffalo game, but he went back in there with it dangling there in a sleeve, just hanging there like a bag of pennies. Yup, he was "faking it".

So, thanks to Hobbs selfish proclamation of his toughness, ridiculously unwarranted accusations are getting thrown out there and good players and teammates of his are being called into question. Whether that was his goal or not, he should've seen that coming, and it makes him a selfish moron for saying what he did.

Last edited:

Deus -

Hobbs could've just kept his mouth shut. If he were such a warrior, he would have. This is on par with LdT calling himself "classy". Its sour grapes and running his mouth, and its a huge disservice to all the players in that locker room that he did this.

Take for instance you have the hosts on EEI this morning contemplating who might've been "faking" an injury. One name thrown out there was Adalius Thomas. Adalius Thomas, that's right, the guy who's arm was about to fall off in the Buffalo game, but he went back in there with it dangling there in a sleeve, just hanging there like a bag of pennies. Yup, he was "faking it".

So, thanks to Hobbs selfish proclamation of his toughness, ridiculously unwarranted accusations are getting thrown out there and good players and teammates of his are being called into question. Whether that was his goal or not, he should've seen that coming, and it makes him a selfish moron for saying what he did.

No, it doesn't.

No, it doesn't.

So you're saying Ellis Hobbs shouldn't be held accountable for a half hour discussion on EEI this morning trying to decide if it was Maroney, Seymour, Adalius, etc. who was faking injuries? Fans are going to listen to that and take it to heart.

Last edited:

So you're saying Ellis Hobbs shouldn't be held accountable for a half hour discussion on EEI this morning trying to decide if it was Maroney, Seymour, Adalius, etc. who was faking injuries? Fans are going to listen to that and take it to heart.

Perhaps the fans and mediots should be held accountable for how they react...

Things fans and mediots say about this team and these players with a lot less basis incite similar outbreaks. Perhaps we should all just STFU (I know I often have the urge to suggest that hereabouts...).

Jose Canseco could never win for trying. First he was a nutcase, then he was a lying malcontent, then he was a back stabbing scumball. While some still ask how we could have missed it...and point fingers at each other (owners, players, media...) for not exposing it sooner. LOL The only safe course is to STFU and hope no one ever blames you for not sharing what you knew sooner...

No, it doesn't.

I keep waiting for this fanbase to grow up and start behaving like they've been there (incrediblyfour times in eight seasons...). Pipedream.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

If he'd named names, the people named would naturally deny it and the same people bashing him for not naming names would be calling him a liar and insisting that <insert player name here> would NEVER, EVER, EVER do something like that, after talking about how classless it was to name names and demanding that Hobbs show 'proof' of said faking, as it such proof were possible short of convenient Polaroids.
At least HE would be on the record as to WHO he claimed was...as of now, it's Hobbs making allegations without the guts to name names. It's making allegations without stepping up to teh plate and coming clean..I undesrtand that people whould get into a tussle, BUT we would KNOW WHO he thinks was faking injuries. Without that it's speculation who..and has has taken a cheap shot without having the guts to go further. I wouldn't call him a liar..or want more from him, but please if he's man enough to run his mouth, he either should name nsames or shut up!!! What he presents of himself now is truly gutless. The easy way to throw dirt and be a coward...like he has been.

That's exactly what I'm saying.
I'm sorry...but when you make accusations..and do NOT have the gonads to say more..you ARE stirring up the pot AND TRYING to cause trouble. That you now think "oh that's OK"...and that he is NOT responsible for that..I find quite amusing and sad. I guess you believe that what was said is in a vacuum and that THERE would have been plenty of talk about faking of injuries if Hobbs hadn't run his mouth..Why that would have been teh topic of teh day...a BIT of a fairyland I am afraid. Speculating and causing fans to ask questions is JUST WHAT this piece of garbage did..by being a coward. BY NOT naming names..I am sure he knew..that by doing that it would cause fans to listen and wonder...OF COURSE!! You have bought his garbage..hook, line and sinker..

Last edited:

At least HE would be on the record as to WHO he claimed was...as of now, it's Hobbs making allegations without the guts to name names. It's making allegations without stepping up to teh plate and coming clean..I undesrtand that people whould get into a tussle, BUT we would KNOW WHO he thinks was faking injuries. Without that it's speculation who..and has has taken a cheap shot without having the guts to go further. I wouldn't call him a liar..or want more from him, but please if he's man enough to run his mouth, he either should name nsames or shut up!!! What he presents of himself now is truly gutless. The easy way to throw dirt and be a coward...like he has been.

I'm sorry...but when you make accusations..and do NOT have the gonads to say more..you ARE stirring up the pot AND TRYING to cause trouble. That you now think "oh that's OK"...and that he is NOT responsible for that..I find quite amusing and sad. I guess you believe that what was said is in a vacuum and that THERE would have been plenty of talk about faking of injuries if Hobbs hadn't run his mouth..Why that would have been teh topic of teh day...a BIT of a fairyland I am afraid. Speculating and causing fans to ask questions is JUST WHAT this piece of garbage did..by being a coward. BY NOT naming names..I am sure he knew..that by doing that it would cause fans to listen and wonder...OF COURSE!! You have bought his garbage..hook, line and sinker..

I disagree with your perspective and your claims. Have a nice day.

Why don't we change the locale for this...from football to another venue...a chain of stores for instance..and an employee with one store CLAIMS of some kinds of bad activity in the store where he once worked. Don't you think that ANYONE who works at that store who fits into the criteria that the one making the claim says is NOW under suspicion?? I think that is quite the case. Wouldn't people interested that are interested in that store want this person to name names of WHO he claims did these things..instead of some blanket statement that condemns many? I think so. I would also think that this person making the claim certainly has a LOT of responsibility if people now wonder about this store...no?? I think so...and would that topic even BE in the air if this person DID NOT bring it up...I think so.

I keep waiting for this fanbase to grow up and start behaving like they've been there (incrediblyfour times in eight seasons...). Pipedream.

Sadly enough, we'll probably be waiting a long time :rolleyes:

More and more i continue to gain respect for Philip Rivers......

Why? Rivers is a gigantic D-Bag.

And why would Hobbs lie? He would lose a lot of respect in the players' community should it be discovered that he falsly accused former teammates of dogging. That's a risk that I just cannot see him take, and for what purpose? Just to make himself look good in comparison? I'm not buying it.

Why? Rivers is a gigantic D-Bag.

And why would Hobbs lie? He would lose a lot of respect in the players' community should it be discovered that he falsly accused former teammates of dogging. That's a risk that I just cannot see him take, and for what purpose? Just to make himself look good in comparison? I'm not buying it.
Nothing wrong with claiming it, but you've got to attach names to it, or you're a coward. He's already made the accusations. Time to "man up."

Nothing wrong with claiming it, but you've got to attach names to it, or you're a coward. He's already made the accusations. Time to "man up."

That's not likely to happen, as scandal after scandal, in sport after sport, has shown us. Baseball isn't seeing it about steroids, football didn't show it with steroids, etc....

It's one thing for players to say it's happening, it's another to rat out the specific people. It has nothing to do with "man up". It has to do with the culture in athletics, and most of life for that matter.

That's not likely to happen, as scandal after scandal, in sport after sport, has shown us. Baseball isn't seeing it about steroids, football didn't show it with steroids, etc....

It's one thing for players to say it's happening, it's another to rat out the specific people. It has nothing to do with "man up". It has to do with the culture in athletics, and most of life for that matter.
Wrong. It has everything to do with taking responsibility for what you say. Your claim that players saying "it's happening (steroids)" across the broad spectrum of a particular sport(s) vs. Hobbs claiming it it happened (guys faking injuries) on a team he played on and with teammates he played with is a specious analogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe