PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hobbs bashes the Patriots and accuses players of faking injuries (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hobbs: "guys were faking injuries"

And this from a backup CB. It seems that Hobbs subscribes to the Milloy and Gash bad-mouth weekly.

All indications are that Asante Samuel and Sheldon Brown will remain the starters, but Ellis Hobbs, acquired from New England during the draft weekend for two fifth-round picks, says he should be a starter.

"It doesn't matter to me what the depth chart says," Hobbs said. "I'm working to be number one. I want to be a starter anywhere I go. I don't play backseat to anybody. We'll see how it plays out, but I'm always striving to be the best. Being in this business and being a starter all the years I have been, I don't look to go backward."

Eagles still have duel at cornerback | Philadelphia Inquirer | 09/01/2009

If he'd named names, the people named would naturally deny it and the same people bashing him for not naming names would be calling him a liar and insisting that <insert player name here> would NEVER, EVER, EVER do something like that, after talking about how classless it was to name names and demanding that Hobbs show 'proof' of said faking, as it such proof were possible short of convenient Polaroids.

Anyone following baseball and the steroids scandal could draw you a picture.

That's my problem, Deus. Making a charge that by definition cannot be validated and that only stirs up a ****storm is not an activity that is useful for any purpose other than stirring up said storm. And, using the steroids mess in baseball as a benchmark is a pretty low standard, invalidating the point.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

So you're saying that the fans opinions of players shouldn't matter, and has no tangible value, one way or the other? If so, then what does it matter if Hobbs was unjustly vilified by the fans?

You can't have it both ways, you can't give Hobbs sympathy for having to face an unjust wrath of Boston sports fans, but then give him a free pass when he throws his teammates under the bus and puts several of them in the bullseye of the same aforementioned unjust wrath.

Last edited:
Ellis Hobbs is:

A) a player who thinks very highly of himself and most of the time, TOO highly

B) a player who has played through injuries during his career.

It's not a stretch to think that Hobbs is just saying this to make himself look like the better man. Could he be telling the truth? Possibly. But I doubt it. It doesn't fit with what we know of the Patriots over the last decade. And making comments to make yourself look better, tougher, etc. IS something that fits with Ellis Hobbs.

That's my problem, Deus. Making a charge that by definition cannot be validated and that only stirs up a ****storm is not an activity that is useful for any purpose other than stirring up said storm. And, using the steroids mess in baseball as a benchmark is a pretty low standard, invalidating the point.

I'm sorry, but I think using the steroids mess is a perfect example.

I agree that Hobbs worked hard, played with injuries, and did the best he could. Much appreciated.

As a fan....his dopey bravado annoyed the hell out of me. The CB position requires some measure of confidence and swagger, but he would not shut up.

You can't sympathize with a dude who get's beat more than not, and on the times he does make a stop, he struts around like Neon Deion.

His mouth and actions wrote checks his CB skills couldn't cash.

Sadly CB depth is again an issue on this team, but I think we'll be just fine with EHIII.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes