PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hobbs bashes the Patriots and accuses players of faking injuries (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gonna be funny watching all the (former) Ellis Hobbs ball washers turn on him in here.

I've been telling you guys that he was a scrub for years. :)

Yeah I never understood why Hobbs got so much love on here. He got an extremely undeserved amount of praise. Anyone who watches a decent amount of Patriots games should be able to realize that Hobbs is a mediocre player AT BEST, nothing more.

What's the difference between Hobbs situation and Rodney Harrison's?

Nothing.

Well, nothing except that Harrison was a star safety for the Chargers coming off one season of being injured and Hobbs was an adequate cornerback coming off several years of that level of performance.

Oh yeah, the teams situations were completely different - one rebuilding with a new coach still trying to change the team's losing culture, the other a perennial contender with the most established coach in the game trying to win now.

On second thought, unless you buy Ellis Hobbs wildly inflated opinion of himself, I really don't see the same situations.

Nothing.

Well, nothing except that Harrison was a star safety for the Chargers coming off one season of being injured and Hobbs was an adequate cornerback coming off several years of that level of performance.

Oh yeah, the teams situations were completely different - one rebuilding with a new coach still trying to change the team's losing culture, the other a perennial contender with the most established coach in the game trying to win now.

On second thought, unless you buy Ellis Hobbs wildly inflated opinion of himself, I really don't see the same situations.

That was always the Hobbit's problem. He thought he was far superior to what he really is - a sh*tty db and a pretty good KR.

I have two enduring memories of Hobbs: his record kickoff return against the Green Beans, and Plexiglas Furnace blowing by him for the winning Super Bowl catch. Bottom line = he was ordinarily average.

AHH I remember that return, almost jumped out of my porch, cause I was so excited. Wish he would have given us a better cover on Plexiglass on SB 42.
Then I guess he probably would looked as a better CB IMO

I don't really have a problem with what he said. I only have HS experience, but there's definitely those players who dog it and fake injury.

Also, he felt that he did really well and was treated as "just another guy". I fully believe he put his heart and soul into the Patriots. I also fully believe he played with some pretty nasty injuries. However, it didn't translate into the kind of production that the Patriots will pay for.

Ellis Hobbs was never going to be a big money player here, and he wants to be a big money player.

I agree with his opinions when looking at it from his point of view. I agree with what the Patriots did and how they handled the situation. I would probably feel like Hobbs if I were in his shoes.

:ditto:

but be careful "mogame" will be calling you a 'hobbs ball washer' :rolleyes:
good thing he doesnt run the franchise

hobbs got tired of getting owned by wr's this preseason, so he started doing some bashing himself.....just not on field

I wonder if Hobbs was expecting safety help from Quintin Demps when he made that statement...

Hobbs: "guys were faking injuries"

Ian's Daily Blog - There was an interesting piece in yesterday’s Philadelphia Inquirer regarding former New England Patriots cornerback Ellis Hobbs (now with the Eagles), where he took some shots at his former team.It’s no secret that there was some animosity after New England traded him to the Eagles during draft weekend back in April. He’s made some [...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Hobbs: "guys were faking injuries"

He of course was referring to Brady who faked his injury to take the whole year off and go sailing the Bahamas with Gisele :rolleyes:

You know he's talking about LoMo...

You know he's talking about LoMo...

How exactly would one fake a broken shoulder?

I'm sure it was Brady. No question that he could have played with a shredded knee...C'mon now!

Hobbs really should shut his mouth. Who the hell did he think he was? He sucked. He was the worst corner on the field, IMHO. How many times did we see mediocre Qbs pick on his arse. What a loser. He's making enemies today.
I'm sure that there are a few Patriot players that are not happy with him right now. You got traded. Get over it and move on. Philly is not paying you to run your mouth. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
WTF are you talking about? This is the NFL. You are only allowed to carry 53 men on your roster. The team is trying to win games, not make friends. The jobs and livelihoods of the other 52 players depend on it, and being nice and doing a favor for one guy is a disservice to the rest.

There isn't enough space to carry guys just b/c they were loyal or played through injuries - probably half the team is doing that.

It's a contact sport and it's player's job in the NFL to play through pain.

Wait wait what? This isn't the National Feelingsball League?

Seriously though, if anyone was faking injuries, then they deserve to be axed too, but I'm pretty sure Belichick would be on top of that if it were true. I thought Hobbs was a pretty good CB during his time here, but if he feels like the Pats owed him anything, then he's wrong- they gave him a shot to start in the NFL.

Too bad he didnt fake an injury before the superbowl

Hobbs is challenging Brown for the starting job in Philly. Hobbs wanted a contract extension. Hobbs thinks that some Patriots players were feigning injuries.

I see nothing to bash Hobbs about. Then again, when has that stopped any of the lynch mobs in this place?

Looks like he is officially a Philly guy now, 100% transformed into a complaining beeyotch....just like his QB.

good luck Ellis, I used to like you.

Last edited:
Hobbs gutsed it out and played hurt here for years without complaint. Sure he overvalues his abilities but you cannot be an NFL CB if you don't think you can stop the best.

Hobbs self evaluation > Belichick's assessment >> many Patsfans Hobbit haters opinions

I'm in the middle. The Hobbit: a capable but not upper echelon starter who would still start on the Pats opening day with Springs an enigma.

Last edited:
It's gonna be funny watching all the (former) Ellis Hobbs ball washers turn on him in here.

I've been telling you guys that he was a scrub for years. :)

amen brother. Hobbit was nothing more than an average nickel back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes