PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

HIGHTOWER'S BACK!!! (UPDATE: his contract is less than originally reported)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest off-season desire has been fulfilled. All gravy now.

The fact of the matter is NYJ needed to grossly overpay to land Hightower. Clearly High felt $3m more in bonus and an xtra $1m a year wouldn't offset losing 10-14 games a year

Thats what teams need to do when a) its not their player they are trying to resign and b) when you are a laughingstock

Well yeah, who would uproot their life for .125 million a year when you're talking 10+million a year deals?

Great player. Though part of me wants to say he's not deserving of being the second highest paid ILB in the league, but that always happens on new deals. In a year or two, his deal will look reasonable in comparison to others.

Last edited:
I work nights & just woke up.
First thing I do is grab my phone & check Patsfans forum for news.

My feet have not even hit the floor & I am already smiling.

So happy...... Hightower is back.

I have not even lifted the shades & I know it is going to be a Sunny day.

images

Right

it's unheard of for a linebacker to play past age 31.
I generally agree with the sentiment. Linebackers are usually done by 31/32.

One exception is Kevin Greene, I watched Kevin Greene - A Football Life, last night. He had some monster years in his 30s, including a couple where he led the league in sacks. As he got up there in age, Pittsburgh, Carolina and San Fran cut him because they all figured he was done.

I'm sure there are other outliers out there but in Hightower's case, I bet that he's done by 31.

Well yeah, who would uproot their life for .125 million a year when you're talking 10+million a year deals?

Great player. Though part of me wants to say he's not deserving of being the second highest paid ILB in the league, but that always happens on new deals. In a year or two, his deal will look reasonable in comparison to others.
Right he deserves being highest paid

I generally agree with the sentiment. Linebackers are usually done by 31/32.

One exception is Kevin Greene, I watched Kevin Greene - A Football Life, last night. He had some monster years in his 30s, including a couple where he led the league in sacks. As he got up there in age, Pittsburgh, Carolina and San Fran cut him because they all figured he was done.

I'm sure there are other outliers out there but in Hightower's case, I bet that he's done by 31.

This kind of sh.t kills me. He just signed and you are thinking about when they will release him.

Butler's Agent, from the firm of Feinstein and Forlizzi, proven a liar again.

If they're paying Middle Linebackers $10mil, I'm pretty sure Bill Belichick didn't say he wouldn't pay a CB that much.

I consider this cheap, reason being the man can do all things pretty dam well!

Doesn't seem like it's too much more than the Pats offered to begin with - looks like someone induced them to go up in their offer, but by a very reasonable amount. Hightower's well worth the money, especially when it's only a four year deal and there it isn't overly heavy in guarantees. This contract looks great for the Pats, and I'm pumped we were able to get him back. Would've been ****ed without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back