PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

HIGHTOWER'S BACK!!! (UPDATE: his contract is less than originally reported)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only have 2 words to add to this. Woo Hoo !!

Ok a few more words. Which off-season do you consider best ? This one or 2007.

I am SOOO happy about this. HT is one of my favorite players. Getting Blount back would make this my favorite offseason, but even if he doesn't come back, it wouldn't be as bad as if we lost HT. Let's keep Butler now too :)

This one. Easily. They just won a Superbowl with a bunch of guys on contract year, and by mid-March, they're already better.

Are you kidding me?

Congratulations Dont'a on 4 more exciting years with the best.
Congratulations to BB for another master play.
Congratulations to my fellow posters for endurance.

Let the preseason begin!

Right

it's unheard of for a linebacker to play past age 31.
I was referring to "the huge deal". I think HT may play beyond this contract. But surely you don't think he'll be breaking the bank, correct ?

Someone from NY suggested that the Jets pulled their offer and didn't let anyone know so that the Pats could "bid against themselves" the way the Jets did with Revis..

MUHAHAHAHA..

That's what happens when you have a player live Revis who is all about the money..
Not surprised if it is true. there is no reason for teams to let a player 'sleep on it' . I would think it's pretty common practice in situations like this.

Congratulations Dont'a on 4 more exciting years with the best.
Congratulations to BB for another master play.
Congratulations to my fellow posters for endurance.

Let the preseason begin!

Don't kid yourself. This off-season ain't over yet. The Pats still have plenty of money an there's still potential value to be had.

Even aside from Butler and maybe Garoppolo deals, they could make moves.

Yeah, not to sound like a sports radio caller, but 19 million is a ton of money. Maybe not what he wanted but enough so he's set for life.

The real reason players ask for more money is because it's a competition with other players, salary = perception of talent. There's not a huge difference between the max value of 43 million vs a Collins contract of 51 million, but it makes it look like Collins is better in the eyes of the league. That's what this is all about.

LB is still not a strength but at least this keeps it from being bad no matter what else we do.

D is set to go almost as of now.

Yup. We know that a LB group of Hightower, Roberts, Van Noy, McCellin may not be ideal but it works. Roberts will likely improve too. Still have the draft to improve depth as well.

edit: Also Freeny returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back