PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

HIGHTOWER'S BACK!!! (UPDATE: his contract is less than originally reported)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LB is still not a strength but at least this keeps it from being bad no matter what else we do.

D is set to go almost as of now.

The Patriots handled this perfectly. We no doubt say it too often to suit some, but the management of this team - owners, coach, GM, upper echelon staff - is absolutely without peer in the league. On a steady, year-to-year basis, it isn't even close. We're lucky fans.

This is our biggest signing of the off season. Time to Order my new Hightower shirt!! LETS GOOO

Yes! Good move Hightower!! Guess winning does count for something with some players!

If Butler is gone, right now this D is about the same as last years- pretty damn good,#1 points allowed,top 3 D overall.

Ealy for Sheard, Gilmore for Butler, basically a wash. That doesn't take into consideration the likelihood Flowers takes a big step up as a beastly de, nor what Pats add in draft.

But if Butler is back-then this is handsdown the best D in the NFL.

And of course, the offense will be even better- probably also the best in the NFL.

Just shy of 11 per.

That's really tremendous. $10.75 AAV's up toward the high end, but only $19mil guaranteed, and I'm guessing the last year or two would be cuttable.

There must be a cupcake clause though

This is great. Can't believe he took only 2 years guaranteed, but I'll take it. Those will be two great years and we can reevaluate after that.

(ETA -- I'm assuming 19 million guaranteed = 2 years).

Only have 2 words to add to this. Woo Hoo !!

Ok a few more words. Which off-season do you consider best ? This one or 2007.

I am SOOO happy about this. HT is one of my favorite players. Getting Blount back would make this my favorite offseason, but even if he doesn't come back, it wouldn't be as bad as if we lost HT. Let's keep Butler now too :)

Someone from NY suggested that the Jets pulled their offer and didn't let anyone know so that the Pats could "bid against themselves" the way the Jets did with Revis..

MUHAHAHAHA..

That's what happens when you have a player live Revis who is all about the money..

wow that's a cheap deal

not at all what I was expecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back