PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

HIGHTOWER'S BACK!!! (UPDATE: his contract is less than originally reported)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice and all, but did we really get better with this signing?

Who you kidding, I love having him back. He's definitely one of those quietly impactful players (based on conversations of fans from other teams who have no clue about HT).

training-camp.jpg

Belichick is never going to let Hightower live down those cupcakes.

"I used to coach the Jets, and they never made me any cupcakes, Dont'a"

Huge! Respect to Hightower taking less $ to stay too.

As of right now, the 2017 Pats have arguably the best roster in franchise history.

Keep Butler and we have a projected top 10 offense all time and maybe the best defense in the NFL. Comeon Bill!
Top 10?

Great deal! Less guaranteed than I expected, but I'm happy to have him back for 4 years, and at a very reasonable amount per annum. What a fantastic offseason.

Hightower would rather take a little bit less and win than a take a little more and be exiled to a loser team, and I love that about him. Other than Butler now, what needs do we have left to address?

What's his mom gonna do with all that Jets swag they have her?

Malcolm should take notice. Dont'a signed for his value. Not above, nor below. Such a shame Malcolm and his agent don't understand this.

Hightower would rather take a little bit less and win than a take a little more and be exiled to a loser team, and I love that about him. Other than Butler now, what needs do we have left to address?
Butler, Jimmy G and Larry Fitzgerald ;)

Cupcakes was a slap in the face. They should've served him a layer cake. Stupid Jets.

An ice cream cake, and there's no way he would have said no. THAT is how you woo a football player, Jets.

Belichick probably texted Hightower "hey we have the offensive pieces we want back plus we added cooks and t-rex...you really want to face us 2x a year"

Of course.. small compensation for the future at hand..

The fact of the matter is NYJ needed to grossly overpay to land Hightower. Clearly High felt $3m more in bonus and an xtra $1m a year wouldn't offset losing 10-14 games a year

Thats what teams need to do when a) its not their player they are trying to resign and b) when you are a laughingstock

Congrats on re-signing a team leader! Woulda been cool seeing him in green, but at least my favorite Jet Harris gets to stick around for another season or two.

We're all happy about that too. About Harris being around for a couple more years, that is. I lived in Asia for a long time, so I have a lot of respect for my elders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back