PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Harmon Visits Costa Rica...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been one strange offseason

This is a pretty funny conversation inside a conversation. Yes, "back in my day" three or four guys would smoke an ounce in a day; it took a lot more to get a buzz back then. We had homegrown in central Virginia that you could smoke an ounce alone in an hour and only maintain a mild buzz. Even the good Mexican stuff wasn't nearly as potent as the average stuff of today.

On another note, I don't understand why anybody smokes it at all at this point. I don't really partake at this point, but the few times I've had an edible ended any interest in lighting something on fire that could be loaded with herbicide and inhaling it.

58 grams? Unless he was selling a bunch of nickel bags to the Costa Rican middle schoolers, I’m thinking it was simply personal possession.

Harmon, or any NFL player, traveling with weed is no surprise to me. What I want to know is what in the crap Harmon planned to do with 58 freaking grams of it? That's 2.07 ounces of weed. One ounce is like a 4 month supply.

back in the day me and 3 buddies could go thru half a ounce in one evening.
If Harmon was partying with girls it's a even more reasonable amountm

No way he was dealing. It’s not really that much. Never arrested or prosecuted anymore where I live. My guess is that it was just party time.

That's just not true. I used to go through an ounce a week.

Were they arrested though?

Does it matter?

Faulk was cited for posession and fined. He was suspended for a game.

Law was not hooch but X. He was detained at the border and also suspended for a game.

I'm anticipating the same for Harmon.

Does it matter?

Law was not hooch but X. He was detained at the border and also suspended for a game.

Add 3 games

dumb move by harmon

i wasn't in college when ren and stimpy came around(prob my favorite cartoon all time) but smoking pot and watching the three stooges describes my college career pretty well

Stooges too.

My senior year in college was when the Cartoon Network really took off( 1993). I lived off campus and we had it as part of an upgrade cable package. I lived with 4 other guys. We voted 3-2 to keep it. I was the deciding vote.

Sounds odd. He got caught but they let him leave the country?
He wan't allowed to enter. It is now up to FL police.

He may or may not even be suspended.
He'll go into the substance abuse intervention program and be subject to more regular drug testing than the once a year, April through August, that most players get. It takes four failures or incidents to qualify for a 4-game suspension and this was likely his first incident.

He might get a game under the personal conduct policy but the league spokesman qualified that usually only comes into play when the incident involves assault or reckless endangerment (i.e. driving under the influence). That the qualification was even brought up suggests to me the league doesn't expect to levy a suspension.

he might miss some time if he is in jail

Is 2 oz a lot in FL? I don't know

He may or may not even be suspended.
He'll go into the substance abuse intervention program and be subject to more regular drug testing than the once a year, April through August, that most players get. It takes four failures or incidents to qualify for a 4-game suspension and this was likely his first incident.

He might get a game under the personal conduct policy but the league spokesman qualified that usually only comes into play when the incident involves assault or reckless endangerment (i.e. driving under the influence). That the qualification was even brought up suggests to me the league doesn't expect to levy a suspension.

Does it matter?

It might. It depends on what the costa rican authorities do to him. If he’s in jail for a year?

It might. It depends on what the costa rican authorities do to him. If he’s in jail for a year?
After detaining him briefly they sent him back to FLA

I have a friend who lives in a legal state and does it all the time, including on international travel, and has never been caught. Usually takes a small amount in a peanut butter can with a scoop dug out because it masks the scent from the dogs.

Yeah because people always travel with a jar of peanut butter! I’m sure CBP is baffled by that! Your friend will be in jail soon if he actually does that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe