PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Happy July 4th weekend to my fellow PatsFans brethren and sistren!

I am doing my usual thing, watching TV in bed with severe pain. I have every TV 4th of July Fireworks Show recorded on my DVR.

Happy 4th to all Patriots fans and their friends. Hey, Happy 4th to everyone, even Jets fans.

Go America

Happy 4th! We're making brisket, pork belly, and bourbon bbq chicken. I'll throw some pics in here when it's all done, even if nobody cares :p
Fat bastards like myself will drool at the pics, so please, post away. Bourbon BBQ Chicken sounds amazing.

A short tribute to an overlooked Patriot. Happy 4th everyone.

***Samuel Adams***

George Washington is rightfully regarded as the Father of our Country. Likewise, Sam Adams should be remembered as Father of Independence, or at least Father of the Revolution. If not for the beer that bears his name, he might not be remembered much at all. And that is tragic. Even his 2nd cousin John Adams lamented as early as the 1810's that the roles of Samuel (and his cohort) John Hancock were being overlooked by the public and history.

Adams developed a distrust of the British government early in life as the aristocratic rulers bankrupted his father's banking business. And Sam Adams pushed for independence long before it became fashionable, as early as 1765. Taxation without representation was the mantra, and he was the primary force behind Boston becoming the "Cradle of Liberty."

It was no surprise that British soldiers began a massive presence in Boston. And it was no surprise that their presence agitated Samuel Adams. He and the "Sons of Liberty" agitated back. One example was leading over the top funeral processions to honor the victims of the Boston Massacre, and of course to rile up the public. Organizing the well known Boston Tea Party was the final straw for the crown.

While Adams and Hancock were staying in a house in Lexington, making plans to attention the 2nd Continental Congress, they escaped potential arrest due to the warning of Paul Revere. As hostilities had begun, British General Gage offered amnesty to all who would put down arms EXCEPT Samuel Adams and John Hancock! Even King George, as the Revolution progressed, was willing to pardon all except Adams and Hancock.

Pissing off the British that much is surely evidence of Samuel Adams' immense influence on the Revolution and our fight for liberty. This was a very brief look at Adams' influence and actions. He is a character worth a deep dive if you are interested.

View attachment 43688
And he was a true Patriot, great guard on the Pat’s Oline from 1972-1980.

Just playing. I love your post, I’m a huge history buff, and I LOVE stuff like this.

Thanks for the good wishes @oldrover and happy 4th to everyone who reads this.

My only negative with this holiday is that it drives our dog nuts. He'll shake and pant for most of the weekend.

Oops, it's happening already. Where are the fireworks?

We often think July 4, 1776, was the day the Continental Congress declared America's independence from Great Britain, but that actually happened on July 2, 1776. John Adams wanted July 2 to be celebrated as the nation's official birthday. It wasn't the beginning of the American Revolution.
The document was not completely signed until 7/4.

That comes via Mark Levin.

Thanks for the good wishes @oldrover and happy 4th to everyone who reads this.

My only negative with this holiday is that it drives our dog nuts. He'll shake and pant for most of the weekend.

I live in an incredibly diverse neighborhood where practically every holiday on the planet is celebrated by explosions and flame.
On top of that are the afternoon thunderstorms that roll thru almost daily down here in FL.
My poor little dog is a quivering basket case who has had seizures when the booms are too much.
She's so sensitive, a big cloud that darkens the property or just a few rain drops hitting the window sets her off
Tried CBD treats......no change.
Bought her a thunder vest (LOL).......nothing
Extreme medication....Here we go

I live in an incredibly diverse neighborhood where practically every holiday on the planet is celebrated by explosions and flame.
On top of that are the afternoon thunderstorms that roll thru almost daily down here in FL.
My poor little dog is a quivering basket case who has had seizures when the booms are too much.
She's so sensitive, a big cloud that darkens the property or just a few rain drops hitting the window sets her off
Tried CBD treats......no change.
Bought her a thunder vest (LOL).......nothing
Extreme medication....Here we go
I wonder if anyone has ever made a produce that could muffle the dogs hearing? Dog ear muffs or something to wrap around their head? Have to think that could help

I wonder if anyone has ever made a produce that could muffle the dogs hearing? Dog ear muffs or something to wrap around their head? Have to think that could help
There are a few products on line.....some look terrible but hey , if they work then fair enough

Happy Independence Day! Eat as much red meat while you still can folks....and don't forget to workout so all the protein can help build muscle. Our menu consists of no plant based products other than a salad.

giphy.gif

Grillin', chillin', fireworks, another Patriots season just around the corner...

...and Old Glory waving in the breeze... o'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

Cheers to all! :)

Happy 4th to you, @oldrover . My ESPN Pats board brethren..

When I was in London last month I spotted HRH having a ciggie behind the palace during a break in the Jubilee action... We shared a couple of hits from a pre-rolled jibber I bought at one of the Bulldog "coffee shops" in Amsterdam... After we finished, I wished her good health for another 5 years so we can all do this again for her 75th; and she wished me a safe & happy weekend here "in the colonies"... Good sport she was about it though, we both had a good laugh there...

True story: back in my newspaper reporter days I covered a charity polo match in suburban Chicago, Prince Charles participated as special guest of honor. During the match he hit a ball out of bounds which I picked up. Later, he strolled along a roped-off area shaking hands with admirers. I held the ball up and asked if he'd be kind enough to autograph it. He replied, "I'm very bad at signing balls."

True story: back in my newspaper reporter days I covered a charity polo match in suburban Chicago, Prince Charles participated as special guest of honor. During the match he hit a ball out of bounds which I picked up. Later, he strolled along a roped-off area shaking hands with admirers. I held the ball up and asked if he'd be kind enough to autograph it. He replied, "I'm very bad at signing balls."
True story: Late 80's, took red eye to London and got to the flat I was staying at 9AM. Being wide awake, I went for a walk and had zero idea where I was but in 5 blocks I ended up right in front of Buckingham Palace where thousands of spectators were lining the streets. I managed to get to the front and just then the gates swung open and Rolls Royces started passing by 10 feet from me. First car: Queen and Prince Phillip. Second car: Lady Di and Prince Jug ears. I asked a local what was going on and a nice woman told me it was an event similar to our Veterans Day. Her husband called me an ignorant American for not know British holidays.
Later that week, I went to Stringfellows nightclub in London which was a big thing back then. There seated alone was Pia Zadora, an actress/singer who was on the gossip pages at the time. I coaxed my buddy to ask Pia to dance. He asked. She responded: I don't dance with Americans who slur their words.
Brits are very intuitive

maybe you should try a fruit instead of vegetables? :p

Happy 4th to all from Germany.
BBQ w German pork steaks (marinated in garlic pesto), feta stuffed pork schnitzel and bratwurst (and oh lots of bavarian Hefeweizen) was yesterday. :cool:

Today was a workday. :thaman:

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Back