PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Happy 60th Birthday Steve Grogan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember running into Grogan at the Hilltop Steak House on route 1 in Saugus. We were coming out the front door and heading down the front corridor when he came walking around the corner toward us with some guy in a suit. It was right around the time that Grogan got benched and he wasn't happy at all but he said hi to us as we walked by.
Is six years the record for resurrecting a thread? How did you even find this?

Then there was Randy Vataha, a wide receiver from Stanford who spanned the Plunkett and Grogan years, '71-77. He played w Plunkett at Stanford and with the Patriots and or 3 years with Grogan . Edelmanesque in that he always seem to make the clutch catch and was only 5'10 180...

Is six years the record for resurrecting a thread? How did you even find this?

I have no idea. I started in the This Day In Patriots History thread and somehow ended up in the Wayback Machine responding to @Joker

I have no idea. I started in the This Day In Patriots History thread and somehow ended up in the Wayback Machine responding to @Joker

I knew Joker was behind this chaos somehow.

Well I'm No Mathematical Genius but I was born in 1960 I'll be 60 In Jan. and in 1976 I was 16 QB'ing on my team in a Touch Football League and since I drew up Flea-Flicker Double and Triple Reverse Bombs And Ran Bootlegs That's Why I became a Grogan and Pat's Fan.
I Still have Original 12" Vinyl Record of Grogan's 1976 Season narrated by Late Gil Santos Radio Calls of every game in 1976 including Hose Job Ref's BS Call On Sugar Bear Hamilton Roughing On Stabler or it would have been Pats vs Vikings In 1976 not Raiders.

View attachment 23808
My brother & I had that album too...along with The Impossible Dream, Goal - Bruins, and Celtic Pride...we played them on the turntable & (2!) speaker set we bought at Woolworth's on Washington street in downtown Boston...good times, good times...

I like getting likes for six year old posts. Not to be immodest but it did age like a fine wine.

I remember running into Grogan at the Hilltop Steak House on route 1 in Saugus. We were coming out the front door and heading down the front corridor when he came walking around the corner toward us with some guy in a suit. It was right around the time that Grogan got benched and he wasn't happy at all but he said hi to us as we walked by.

I bumped into Grogan when the Pats had camp at Bryant College. End of practice that day and IIRC end of camp as well. I wished him luck in the future and he acknowledged.

Ive met or came in contact with 3 Pats - Grogan, Tippett and Vincent "Undertaker" Brown running at the high school track in Duluth, Georgia.

I was thinking, no way he's only 60. That means he would have been around 25 when he went to the SB and I know he had plenty more years on his body (and resume) at that time.

Steve-Grogan.jpg

Well I'm No Mathematical Genius but I was born in 1960 I'll be 60 In Jan. and in 1976 I was 16 QB'ing on my team in a Touch Football League and since I drew up Flea-Flicker Double and Triple Reverse Bombs And Ran Bootlegs That's Why I became a Grogan and Pat's Fan.
I Still have Original 12" Vinyl Record of Grogan's 1976 Season narrated by Late Gil Santos Radio Calls of every game in 1976 including Hose Job Ref's BS Call On Sugar Bear Hamilton Roughing On Stabler or it would have been Pats vs Vikings In 1976 not Raiders.

View attachment 23808
Pats over Vikings in Pats-adena.

We were the best that year.

Striking, the parallels with our original Patriot ancestors 200 years prior.

See Sam Adams lined up in front of Steve.

I lived next door to Stanley Morgan in the 70's when I lived in Plainville and in the early 80's was a neighbor of Mosi Tatupu when he lived in Attleboro.......Got to meet them both..real nice people....Mosi was BIG !! ( Almost as big as Joker) Took up the whole doorway in his apt. :)

I lived next door to Stanley Morgan in the 70's when I lived in Plainville and in the early 80's was a neighbor of Mosi Tatupu when he lived in Attleboro.......Got to meet them both..real nice people....Mosi was BIG !! ( Almost as big as Joker) Took up the whole doorway in his apt. :)
Belongs in Patriots HOF.
5343mt.jpg
Greatest special teams player in team history (Sorry, Adam)

I bumped into Grogan when the Pats had camp at Bryant College. End of practice that day and IIRC end of camp as well. I wished him luck in the future and he acknowledged.

Ive met or came in contact with 3 Pats - Grogan, Tippett and Vincent "Undertaker" Brown running at the high school track in Duluth, Georgia.
Pronounced "Doo-looth".

My brother & I had that album too...along with The Impossible Dream, Goal - Bruins, and Celtic Pride...we played them on the turntable & (2!) speaker set we bought at Woolworth's on Washington street in downtown Boston...good times, good times...

Very Cool You having Pat's Album and Boston Sports then. There was a Woolworth's in my neighborhood. I was there like every day growing up.

"Gee, Mr. Peabody, this sounds like a tough one..."
peabody-and-sherman-cartoon.jpg

"Nonsense, Sherman, we must simply explain to his parents the benefits of playing football...they're huge 49ers fans already anyway."
john-edward-thomas-moynahan-1.jpg
"I don't know Honey, it's so dangerous..."
"Don't worry Galynn, the genius dog with the glasses told me he'll be fine, and very happy.

...Hey, if a dog with glasses starts talking to me, I'm listening."

Attachments

• VID_20190804_163043.jpg
    VID_20190804_163043.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes