PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Guess the 5 cuts following the game

Cajuste (I suspect from “ça juste” : meaning ‘this exactly’) has been coming on. I had him as a guaranteed cut, but is he ready to contribute ? For all the ups n downs (and the Wynn haters), seems like NE has been able to stock the OL room with capable & fantastic players.

Practice was good, the preseason game was as well… would be amazing if he becomes a contributor - as the OLs + RBs are the key in 2021.

Cajuste (I suspect from “ça juste” : meaning ‘this exactly’) has been coming on. I had him as a guaranteed cut, but is he ready to contribute ? For all the ups n downs (and the Wynn haters), seems like NE has been able to stock the OL room with capable & fantastic players.

Practice was good, the preseason game was as well… would be amazing if he becomes a contributor - as the OLs + RBs are the key in 2021.
In some respects it looked shaky for Cajuste but his performance against the Eagles (back ups yah , yah , yah) was pretty good. This could be a good sign for the future.

I'm not even close. I thought they might keep some of the ones they cut for depth more then them making the team. I figured they were around to absorb hits in the last preseason game. Obviously I am not good at this. My 53 man roster would probably have Hoyer and Cam cutting Mac!:rolleyes:

In some respects it looked shaky for Cajuste but his performance against the Eagles (back ups yah , yah , yah) was pretty good. This could be a good sign for the future.

No doubt in my mind now that the Swing Tackle/OL#7 job is his to lose... Everybody else is vying for the #8 spot... Hope there isn't a #9 OLman on the 53 unless he comes from outside the building, because nobody else here deserves it.

Possible confirmation

I'm not even close. I thought they might keep some of the ones they cut for depth more then them making the team. I figured they were around to absorb hits in the last preseason game. Obviously I am not good at this. My 53 man roster would probably have Hoyer and Cam cutting Mac!:rolleyes:

Yeah I thought that some of Bedsore, McGroan, Stid, Coward & Terez Hall might be moved to reserve lists today... McGroan especially seems like a no-brainer... If another player is to be released, then I would prefer that player to be a DT like Nick Thurman rather than another OLman like Marcus Martin.

Karras, Herron, Cajuste…book it.

Yeah you're almost certainly correct, though Sherman might eventually offer more positional flexibility (LG/LT/maybe Center) than Herron...

If Sherman clears waivers - a near lead-pipe lock - then he can hone those skills here on the PS...

Yeah you're almost certainly correct, though Sherman might eventually offer more positional flexibility (LG/LT/maybe Center) than Herron...

If Sherman clears waivers - a near lead-pipe lock - then he can hone those skills here on the PS...
Ok but you have Sherman at C, G and T without playing a single NFL game.

I know you disagree with Herron but I’m not the only one who thought he played well last year when he started.

Ok but you have Sherman at C, G and T without playing a single NFL game.

I know you disagree with Herron but I’m not the only one who thought he played well last year when he started.

I have Sherman at Center because I read that he was practicing snaps there throughout the draft process; at LG because that is his more natural NFL position; and at LT because that's where he has the most college experience...

I'm not claiming that he's better at OT than Herron is now, just that he has the potential to offer more Left Side/Center versatility, eventually, maybe...
If Herron can demonstrate (or has demonstrated) OG capability then he would offer more versatility (4 positions) now than Sherman will ever offer...
But I don't recall Herron taking snaps at either LG or RG...or has he?

If Billy & the New Minions had done the smart thing and drafted Trey Smith instead of Sherman, then Herron would be the front-runner for the #9 OL spot behind Karras, Cachoo & Smith, with a C/G like Marcus Martin on the PS...

EDIT: So much for my wish of Marcus Martin on the PS... Looks like yet another season of Thanksdad Ferentz...

Last edited:
I was surprised that they cut Gant….not sure if he is PS eligible and doubt no one grabs him….but he looked really good in practice/preseason so far!

Most of the easy cuts are now made.

not a lot of fat left on the roster.

the next round of cuts will include some talented players,

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey