PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk trade completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can someone say something and about Gronk, BB tried to sell him to Detroit that’s ****ed up. But than again we got people hating on Brady cause BB wouldn’t commit to him
Anyone can and should be traded anytime for the good of the team.
Nobody is beyond being traded.

How can someone say something and about Gronk, BB tried to sell him to Detroit that’s ****ed up. But than again we got people hating on Brady cause BB wouldn’t commit to him

Huh? Gronk threatened to retire when that trade to the Lions came up. Also, that completely handcuffed the Patriots in the draft that year. But hey, revisionist history.

Am I wrong?

Pretty sh*t analogy. I'll gladly cheer for my favorite player while he still has 2 or 3 years left.

Being some degenerate in real life with a wacky relationship preference is not the same.

This is like saying you can't listen to both 2Pac and Biggie music.

The elephant in the room even BB ballwashers can't deny:
WHY ARE WE "UP AGAINST THE CAP" with a team of no stars(exception Gilmore), geriatrics and mediocre bums? This 2020 team stinks. I guess "fate" just mismanaged the roster huh?

You have absolutely no understanding of football.

I think this has earned another posting:

Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much. It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY retired.

680ee6e3-2c13-44e1-978a-5b25250b30a6.jpg

the team is going to be unrecognizable on the offensive side next year. I am sad that Gronk came out of retirement only because he wanted to go to Tampa, but I am excited to see what this team will look like in 2021. I don't even know if there will be any football this year !

I’m a little tired of these ungrateful attention whore players who grew tired of winning Super Bowls with Belichick.

Prediction:

Bucs start out hot at 4-0 and everyone crowns their ass. Smoke is blown up their ass as they win the September Lombardi Trophy.

Slowly that fire under Brady gets a little weaker as he realizes he’s 43, Gronk realizes he’s broken down and everyone realizes they’re playing for Arians and not Belichick.

Meanwhile the Patriots under Stidham start out slow.

The wheels on the Bucs start falling off because part of the biggest thing about consistently winning is knowing how to handle success without letting it distract and destroy you.

December rolls around and the Bucs limp into the playoffs and are one and done.

Meanwhile the Patriots gel together and half the world commits suicide as they win the division. The Patriots win one playoff game and are set up for a deep run next year.

Belichick drinks orange juice.

Lol we can’t root for Tom on the side? I’m a Pats fans first and foremost but I’ll def root for the Bucs when they’re on.

If Brady had moved to the Jets or the Steelers then rooting for him would have been impossible but he probably went to one of the least relevant teams in the league. I am a Pats fan first and will root hard for them every game but also hope to see Brady do well (and Gronk) I'd like to see them dethrone Brees and the Saints and do well in the playoffs. If the Pats were somehow to meet them in the Super Bowl will root hard against them. Not that hard to do.

Why would anyone be mad at Gronk? Yea, he ****ed over the Pats, but BB tried to **** over Gronk. It’s all business.

Go New England Bucs.

Its the same people mad Brady went to Tampa instead of taking about her piss poor offer from BB

From what I’ve learned here it is apparently impossible to be a Brady fan and root for his (thus his teams) success while also being a Pats fan. If you do so you are fake fan who doesn’t belong.
I know I'll be rooting for Brady and Gronk. I don't care what anyone thinks about that.

Huh? Gronk threatened to retire when that trade to the Lions came up. Also, that completely handcuffed the Patriots in the draft that year. But hey, revisionist history.

Seriously, if that handcuffed the Pats in the draft, the GM issues are pretty bad. the Pats have need to draft a legit TE since the murderer went to jail.

Regarding the Gronk trade: BB may no longer feel as inclined to trade for vet offensive skill players since TB is no longer the QB. He may be more likely to roll the dice on rookie WR/TE in the draft to develop with Stiddy.

Just my opinion.

Lmao. Come on man. We are talking about the 7-9 Bucs. The only thing that has changed is Tom Brady.

If the Bucs go 12-4 and deep in the playoffs, it will be due to Tom Brady’s arrival. You are trying to lower expectations for Belichick and raise Brady’s expectations to the ceiling. If Bill is so great the Patriots will win the division and be a legitimate playoff team.

We are talking about the 7-9 Bucs with a QB that threw 30 INTs. QB is literally the key thing that kept them from seriously competing. They had the fifth best defense in terms of DVOA last year and their loaded offense was held back by Winston.

I don't see how I am lowering any expectations. I am being realistic. Anything but postseason success is a disappointment for the Bucs with that offense and defense whereas -- as Vegas implies -- a winning record would be a big success for the Pats.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey