PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk trade completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
they can if they both reach the superbowl, and there are going to be games where rooting for the bucs will help that pats for a playoff position, and preseason schedule has not been released, dont be surprised if all is open, they dont play week 3 (in preseason)
Pats aren’t sniffing a Super Bowl in the next two seasons. So a direct matchup is unrealistic aside from a prime time game the following season.

gronk has not played football in over a year hes not going to be in foot ball shape, nevermind his typical shape, wish no ill on him but this has disaster written all over it ,
I think Gronk was washed up anyhow. I’ll be surprised if he is anywhere close to his old self.

Pats aren’t sniffing a Super Bowl in the next two seasons. So a direct matchup is unrealistic aside from a prime time game the following season.
we felt the same way in 01, any given year, in Bill we trust

In what way? He wasn't playing here, at all.

That's a game of chicken that Gronk would end up losing.

Pretty sure Belichick would be more than happy to make moves to bring back Rob Gronkowski to man the Tight End spot over having another season of LaCosse and Izzo.
Great. Until Gronk starts doing:

tumblr_lr4goexwqx1qewhjpo1_400.gifv

Regards,
Chris

I think Gronk was washed up anyhow. I’ll be surprised if he is anywhere close to his old self.
i wouldnt say washed up, past prime and injury prone, still made some hell of plays in 18 , just not consistently enough for a high salary

gronk has not played football in over a year hes not going to be in foot ball shape, nevermind his typical shape, wish no ill on him but this has disaster written all over it ,
Arians hasn’t been able to incorporate TEs into his offense yet. Combined with Gronk’s loss in size, I wonder if Gronk will basically wind up lining up outside in more of a move-TE position rather than playing a true dual in-line TE role?

2001-2003-2004-2014-2016-2018

Awesome. He can piss off whomever he wants while he’s bringing home trophies.

brady kept it all together, he’s gone now.

They’ll be lucky to sniff the playoffs

Lived there for cumulatively 19 years (although not a native).

This attitude was part of the reason (along with weather and Real Estate prices) I couldn't wait to get out.
You wanted to uproot your life because New Englanders are loyal, passionate and perhaps somewhat spiteful in their fandom? Weird.

"Honey, i'm sick of renting and the real estate is asinine"
"IDK hon, perhaps we move a bit more west. Marlborough is somewhat affordable"
"The weather is also miserable. How much snow can we deal with? Cold rain through June?"
"IDK hon, the summers are lovely and I like having all 4 seasons, albeit spring/fall are about 2 weeks total"
"I'm sick of our fellow Pats fans being passionate, rudely hating on players who have moved on"
"You gotta point. Let's head south"

Pats aren’t playing the Bucs this year and we probably won’t even make the playoffs so Pats fans should feel free to root for the Bucs (Brady) to win the Super Bowl. No conflict is going to arise beyond maybe some random meaningless SNF game two seasons from now.

We're making the playoffs. Book it.

An ugly truth that some people are in denial about. Belichick had a luxurious margin for error over the years. But I’m doubtful his coaching magic is enough to make up for losing Brady and poor roster management. Not to mention we are somehow cap crunched with a mediocre roster

You actually think Brady is the one who kept it together ? I disagree. BB has been keeping this together for two decades.

We're making the playoffs. Book it.
Does that seven team per conference playoff thing start this season? If so we might have a shot at a wild card round elimination but hoping for more is a pipe dream especially if Hoyer is our QB.

You wanted to uproot your life because New Englanders are loyal, passionate and perhaps somewhat spiteful in their fandom? Weird.

"Honey, i'm sick of renting and the real estate is asinine"
"IDK hon, perhaps we move a bit more west. Marlborough is somewhat affordable"
"The weather is also miserable. How much snow can we deal with? Cold rain through June?"
"IDK hon, the summers are lovely and I like having all 4 seasons, albeit spring/fall are about 2 weeks total"
"I'm sick of our fellow Pats fans being passionate, rudely hating on players who have moved on"
"You gotta point. Let's head south"

"Uproot my life" LOL. Talk more about what you don't know.

Born in OH, moved to MA was I was 8. Moved to Jakarta Indonesia when I was 11. Came back to MA for college.

I have no "roots" to a geographic location. Home is where ever I am.

The point was more about negatively. Not really anything to do with "fandom".

You actually think Brady is the one who kept it together ? I disagree. BB has been keeping this together for two decades.
Your view will come crashing down this season when you realize just how wrong that is. Brady has been the constant that has given Belichick the big margin for error.

time to give a 3rd and 4th for Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick