PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk trade completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd speculate it started before that with the entire Guerrero / weights episode during camp after he came back from his back surgery that year. It was that December that Gronk gave Curran that "I don't have fun" interview, didn't he ?
Yes, that season it seems that the relationships really started to fray and the way they lost the SB did not help.

We don't know that for sure, but there's a HELL of a lot of smoke coming out of that game. Or a very big wake behind it. Take your pick of which metaphor you want to use, but that seems to be where this all started.
In the Last Dance there was the famous story about how very early in his career Jordan had his minutes limited due to injury. Then they had a game with playoff implications where Jordan was balling out and it was coming down to the final few seconds and all of a sudden upper management pulled him saying he could play half a minute more than the arbitrary self imposed limit.

Jordan’s still won that game. It was very early in his career. Before the first or his titles. He went on to have the greatest career ever with the Bulls. He still never forgot the team management not allowing him to win and it soured his relationship with management for the duration of his time there.

Great players don’t like to feel like they weren’t allowed to win.

Brady was on the verge of a winning a 6th SB to tie Jordan in titles for greatest modern team sport athlete in an MVP year, where he had the Madden cover and was breaking both those streaks, and having one of his greatest performances in a SB ever.. and in a game where they didn’t punt an issue the coach had with a player that was never disclosed to the public severely hurt the defense and didn’t allow them to win.

For Gronk he missed out on the greatest comeback ever and this was his chance to ball out and comeback in spectacular fashion.

Complete and horrible mismanagement of our star talent by Kraft and BB. There's no other frickin way to say it. BB's arrogant ass drove away talent.

Now let's see this ******* try and get home team discounts without Tom around and when he's known to be a prick. Watch everyone tell BB to fck off with his hometown discount bs.

BB should have been thanking his lucky stars he got a god like Brady with that talent and that team-first attitude to put up with his arrogant ass for this long.

Fck Kraft and Fck BB for all this bs and the way they have ended the careers of the two best players (apologies to Hannah) to ever suit up for the Patriots. This is complete and utter frickin BS.
just go watch tampa bay you freaking troll

We got a 4th round pick from Tampa in exchange for Gronk and a 7th. We got something out of nothing essentially since Gronk had previously been retired. I don't see what the big deal is.

What I am concerned about is that the Patriots never drafted a TE replacement even when the writing was on the wall that Gronk wanted to hang em up after the Superbowl win over the Rams.

I wonder how many times Fox will choose to air Bucs games in the NE market?

At some point I'm sure Bill scolded him for seeing Guerrero...

He didn't scold him for seeing Guerrero -- as according to Curran BB even visited Guerrero for some stuff -- but for not having enough strength to block **** during the preseason due to his refusal to do weights. Which is something Gronk himself acknowledged in his interview with Curran in December. It took him 1-2 months to get back to his usual self.

Last edited:
Further reinforcement of that fact that BB is an obnoxious DBag who players cannot stand to play for any longer. 6-10 this season. This mofo is due his comeuppance!
I really just have to ask what you're doing here if you hate Bill Belichick that much lol. This is a Patriots Fan Forum.

He didn't scold him for seeing Guerrero -- as according to Curran BB even visited Guerrero for some stuff -- but for not having enough strength to block **** during the preseason due to his refusal to do weights. Which is something Gronk even acknowledged in his interview with Curran. It took him 1-2 months to get back to his usual self.

I mean, wasn't it Guerrero who told him not to lift weights?

Complete and horrible mismanagement of our star talent by Kraft and BB. There's no other frickin way to say it. BB's arrogant ass drove away talent.

Now let's see this ******* try and get home team discounts without Tom around and when he's known to be a prick. Watch everyone tell BB to fck off with his hometown discount bs.

BB should have been thanking his lucky stars he got a god like Brady with that talent and that team-first attitude to put up with his arrogant ass for this long.

Fck Kraft and Fck BB for all this bs and the way they have ended the careers of the two best players (apologies to Hannah) to ever suit up for the Patriots. This is complete and utter frickin BS.
It will be interesting to see who does better this year. Belichick doesn’t have a GOAT QB to bail him out of having mediocre personnel. He is going to struggle without Brady.

We’ll also find out how important the draconian hard ass attitude is to winning depending on Tampa’s success.

Further reinforcement of that fact that BB is an obnoxious DBag who players cannot stand to play for any longer. 6-10 this season. This mofo is due his comeuppance!
Where do I sign up for this type of comeuppance ? I’ll gladly win SIX SBs for « comeuppance ».

I mean, wasn't it Guerrero who told him not to lift weights?

Yes, but the scolding was based on his performance during camp and lack of strength in the blocking game and not specifically seeing Guerrero. But whatever we are splitting hairs.

It will be interesting to see who does better this year. Belichick doesn’t have a GOAT QB to bail him out of having mediocre personnel. He is going to struggle without Brady.

What exactly will be interesting to see ? The Bucs almost certainly will have a better record this season.

Brady went to a team that has a lot more talent given that they have been drafting almost exclusively in the top 10 or low teens. Especially now after getting Gronk anything but a SB title is a disappointment over there.

Whereas a winning season for the Pats would be quite the accomplishment while they rebuild.

I see it as a win/win. We get to see Brady hopefully dominate and deny Mahomes and KC another title while we also can enjoy watching how BB starts his rebuild. Best of both worlds really.

Last edited:

Well he struggled pretty badly with Brady in the 2nd half of last season once the schedule toughened up.

We’re obviously weaker at qb but if we can add a few pieces at TE/wr and the OL can have a healthier season we actually could see an improved offense in 2020 just due to the improvement around who I presume is stidham.

You cry in every single game day thread when we win super bowls and now you are crying about letting all the talent go, you said we didn't have the past few years. Which is it? Nevermind it was a rhetorical question.

By the way this is still an NFL where Mike Tomlin was competitive last year starting, I don't even remember 3 or 4 different QB's. I have no idea what to expect this upcoming season. I am just going to enjoy the ride and then see what BB can do with a draft and $110 mil in cap space...

But here is your virtual tissue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes