PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk selected to NFL 100 All-Time Team, Belichick talks about Gronk's bad pre-draft visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES. It was at the new 49ers stadium.

Joe is just an insecure dude. Lame.
Joe?? Joe, Joe?

Oh Joe Montana.

Why spend so much time talking abt the 2nd best QB in 49ers history?:D:);)

I'd gladly take peak Young over Montana.

Joe?? Joe, Joe?

Oh Joe Montana.

I'd put up the '94 team (after a few games of Deion Sanders settling in) against the '89 team. That was peak Young.

Regards,
Chris

I'd put up the '94 team (after a few games of Deion Sanders settling in) against the '89 team. That was peak Young.

Regards,
Chris
I always play out these type of games in my head like a weirdo. 94 was peak
Prime was soooooooo good. The best. Ultimate merc.

Young. 70.3% comp. 8.24 ANY/A. 35TD/10 INT. Montana 70.1% comp. 8.31 ANY/A. 26 TD/8 INT.

Watters is someone who always gets forgotten when talking abt RB's. Almost 900 yards rushing but caught 66/88 rec for almost 800 yards.

Both those defenses were fierce. 89 ranked better I believe but not by much but I could be wrong there. They had Haley, Lott, Romo. Talk abt tough guys lol. 94 had Prime, Hanks, Dent, Dana & Young.

Those were all-star teams. Amazing the concentrated talent that was on that roster. Just unbelievable when you think abt it.

Young. 70.3% comp. 8.24 ANY/A. 35TD/10 INT. Montana 70.1% comp. 8.31 ANY/A. 26 TD/8 INT.

Watters is someone who always gets forgotten when talking abt RB's. Almost 900 yards rushing but caught 66/88 rec for almost 800 yards.

Both those defenses were fierce. 89 ranked better I believe but not by much but I could be wrong there. They had Haley, Lott, Romo. Talk abt tough guys lol. 94 had Prime, Hanks, Dent, Dana & Young.

Those were all-star teams. Amazing the concentrated talent that was on that roster. Just unbelievable when you think abt it.
Even the intangibles are close. 89 team had to defend a title while adjusting to life without Walsh. That title defense is probably the best in history. The 94 team had to overcome their nemesis in the two-tine defending champ Cowboys who took them to task the two prior NFCCGs and beat them twice in '94, including the best Super Bowl of the decade (yes, like SI did, I'm calling that NFCCG the real Super Bowl).

303028.jpg

Regards,
Chris

Last edited:
Joe?? Joe, Joe?

Oh Joe Montana.

Running QBs always get hurt and never win anything

I don't understand how they decided to draft him after that. I probably wouldn't have believed this if it came from anyone not named Belichick.

Joe?? Joe, Joe?

Oh Joe Montana.

I think I would as well.

1994 Young was as dialed in as there ever was.

Unbelievable? That team was the biggest farce the salary cap has ever seen. Pre bonuses that didnt count against the cap, deferred payments that were pushed out until after the 99 season when the contract expired. Sanders signed for so little due to the shoe contract that Eddie probably manufactured with Nike.

Great team for sure but that was the biggest manipulation of the salary cap ever, using so many loopholes since it was so new.

Unbelievable? That team was the biggest farce the salary cap has ever seen. Pre bonuses that didnt count against the cap, deferred payments that were pushed out until after the 99 season when the contract expired. Sanders signed for so little due to the shoe contract that Eddie probably manufactured with Nike.

Great team for sure but that was the biggest manipulation of the salary cap ever, using so many loopholes since it was so new.
Agreed & they're not the only ones. Just an amazing collection of talent. Apologies for triggering you just commenting on the talent & depth.

In their primes I would take Gronk over Gonzo.

Longevity and availability matters.
At their absolute peak, Gronk is better. But there’s something to be said about having a guy like Gonzalez show up every single year and play at the highest level.

Longevity and availability matters.
At their absolute peak, Gronk is better. But there’s something to be said about having a guy like Gonzalez show up every single year and play at the highest level.
Better career: Gonzo

Better player: Gronk

Agreed & they're not the only ones. Just an amazing collection of talent. Apologies for triggering you just commenting on the talent & depth.

All good dude and you are right, incredible talent. I remember them collecting that talent and going wtf? How are they doing this? I went to that NFC championship that year with two cowboy fans while stationed in California. Paid 150 dollars for ticket lol.

As a bystander with unbiased opinion, that game was so close even though I think the 9ers won by 10. Those first half turnovers killed the Cowboys and they still almost overcame. Definitely had the feel of some type of a cold war military build up between those two teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe