PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk selected to NFL 100 All-Time Team, Belichick talks about Gronk's bad pre-draft visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fell asleep on the floor. Hahaha.

Love Gronk. He added so much character to the team as well as becoming the best TE who ever played the game.
It is something to think about.

You could argue his arrival in 2010 was what changed the culture from the old dynasty to the new.

The 2009 squad was lifeless without personality. Gronk (along with Jules) helped inject life into the team.

Ditka, Gonzo, Mackey, Winslow Sr.
Ditka was a Beast and the first to change the TE position.

Towards the twilight of his playing career, Ditka was a player coach in Dallas. One day after practice, he challenged a few other players to fight him. All at the same time.

None accepted Ditkas gracious invitation.

I didn't see the actual episode but were they not able to actually bring Gronk in for the episode? I mean BB is there and he's not in there?

BB is the co-host of the entire series.

Gronk had something better to do I guess.

I love him so much. I also hate the “fans” who have turned on him.
Gronks an attention whore.

He screwed over the Pat's and fanbase with his constant waffling on playing this season. No sooner did he affirm that he was retiring for good, Gronk would contradict himself.

Adios.

Gronks an attention whore.

He screwed over the Pat's and fanbase with his constant waffling on playing this season. No sooner did he affirm that he was retiring for good, Gronk would contradict himself.

Adios.

If only he had lingered on, going around trying to fight younger guys like a sad aging antisocial maniac instead.

If only he had lingered on, going around trying to fight younger guys like a sad aging antisocial maniac instead.
Gronks kinda a big selfie taking snowflake.

Great that that they left Shannon Sharp off the list...:D

Winslow Sr was sick.

the miami / sd game forever cemented his legacy as an all time great

Gratz to Gronk. He was the most dominant TE in the history of the NFL. This is a well deserved honor.

and yes, he was better than Tony Gonzalez

That could be confusing especially after the shenanigans of Winslow Jr....
I had forgotten about him. Scum. He's inhuman

the miami / sd game forever cemented his legacy as an all time great

Gratz to Gronk. He was the most dominant TE in the history of the NFL. This is a well deserved honor.

and yes, he was better than Tony Gonzalez
In their primes I would take Gronk over Gonzo.

How do you fall asleep on the floor? I can see falling a sleep on the chair...but floor?
Any port in storm. If you are tired enough or hung over, you can fall asleep on a park bench or under one...... Ask me how I know.....

Any port in storm. If you are tired enough or hung over, you can fall asleep on a park bench or under one...... Ask me how I know.....
When BB started telling the story I thought about the story of TB12 falling asleep before SB36. Calm in the face of pressure. But ... maybe not the same.

A side note:

I’ve thought the gold/bronze illustrations for this series have been pretty good so far. The Gronk one, not so much. I’m trying to think of who his looks like. So far I’ve settled on Dennis Quaid but I think there must be someone else.

When BB started telling the story I thought about the story of TB12 falling asleep before SB36. Calm in the face of pressure. But ... maybe not the same.
My gut tells me he flew in the night before/ red eye. Didn't get a lot of sleep. College kid who didn't view it as a job interview/take it as seriously as he should have.

With that said I also heard during that visit he wow'd them with his football intellect. They felt he was a hard worker, great teammate, good kid, etc....which is why they traded up for him.

It hurts to think what could of been had he been healthy in 2011/2012 and not been so injury prone and he already has crazy stats.
And imagine if the other tight end wasn't a murderer.... unstoppable offense

And imagine if the other tight end wasn't a murderer.... unstoppable offense

Yea just our luck at least we would of had AH I'm sure we would of extended him before his 5yr deal was up, him and Watson would of been nice.

It was great to see John Hannah and Leon Gray play especially in person and how they dominated on O-Line. Congrats Gronk and Hannah, RIP Leon.

10ab5edc-573e-47f8-bee1-80815dba8755.jpg

It is something to think about.

You could argue his arrival in 2010 was what changed the culture from the old dynasty to the new.

The 2009 squad was lifeless without personality. Gronk (along with Jules) helped inject life into the team.
They weren’t having any fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft