PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk selected to NFL 100 All-Time Team, Belichick talks about Gronk's bad pre-draft visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better than our current TEs who fall asleep on the field. :D

It hurts to think what could of been had he been healthy in 2011/2012 and not been so injury prone and he already has crazy stats.

It hurts to think what could of been had he been healthy in 2011/2012 and not been so injury prone and he already has crazy stats.

Pats beat the Giants in XLVI without too much difficulty with a healthy Gronk

Pats beat the Giants in XLVI without too much difficulty with a healthy Gronk

Oh yeah we would of won by at least 2 scores that's the season where he caught 17TDs. We beat the Ravens in the AFCCG in 2012 with Gronk don't know how we would of fared against the 49ers in SB 47.

Greatest skill player I have ever seen. Give me a healthy Gronk in his prime over literally anyone else to ever lace them up. I posted some stats a few weeks ago, and the short of it is that Gronk is the all-time NFL Leader in yards per target at about 9.9. That’s better than any wide receiver...the next best tight end was around 7.5, and almost all right ends were lower than WRs. That’s just a massive difference, and it’s like being an outlier among outliers.

So as a receiver he one of the best ever, period. And then you consider his domination as a blocker on top of that, as well as his red zone skills. I just can’t imagine another offensive player (besides a QB) being more valuable to a team.

How do you fall asleep on the floor? I can see falling a sleep on the chair...but floor?

LT was the hardest match-up problem on defense in NFL history, while Gronk was the hardest on offense.

Greatest skill player I have ever seen. Give me a healthy Gronk in his prime over literally anyone else to ever lace them up. I posted some stats a few weeks ago, and the short of it is that Gronk is the all-time NFL Leader in yards per target at about 9.9. That’s better than any wide receiver...the next best tight end was around 7.5, and almost all right ends were lower than WRs. That’s just a massive difference, and it’s like being an outlier among outliers.

So as a receiver he one of the best ever, period. And then you consider his domination as a blocker on top of that, as well as his red zone skills. I just can’t imagine another offensive player (besides a QB) being more valuable to a team.

Hmm. Shouldn’t be surprising that the offense has struggled after his departure.

He played the game so physical and dominated when he did. Hate it when he gets tagged as injury prone.

He was the Shaq Oneal of the NFL, Hack a Gronk became common practice as the refs turned a blind eye because frankly, it just wasn’t fair because he could do anything he wanted on the football field. So much to the point if they called every penalty against him, the games would take 5 hours.

Best hands, best blocker I’ve ever seen in my day. His routes were right on par or maybe a slight notch below Tony Gonzales who I consider the best route running te of all time.

Really missed him this year and the play on the field for the offense showed. Even at 50% he is still a top 5 TE in todays NFL and he still would of been the best blocker of all of them had he decided to go on another year.

Btw, who were the other 4? I’ assuming Gonzales, Gates? Maybe Sharpe?

Excluding QBs he was greatest offensive weapon of his era. One of the greatest offensive threats of all-time. Moss-like in that regard.
In terms of TE he's the GOAT imo & it's not close. In terms of playing the overall position he was miles better than anyone else. Most TDs per game for TEs & avg 15 y/r. Nobody could block as well, was as versatile or the rec threat he was.

All due respect to the other TEs & Gonzo. If you had to choose I can't imagine not picking Gronk 10/10.

I didn't see the actual episode but were they not able to actually bring Gronk in for the episode? I mean BB is there and he's not in there?

I don't really like the roster that's been revealed so far a lot of old guys the majority of us never seen play. I respect what they brought to the game, but most of them played in an era with less teams, no African American players etc..

Looking at the highlights ,these are kinda catches which brady doesn't have anymore this yr.

I love him so much. I also hate the “fans” who have turned on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News