PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gridiron Genius by Lombardi

Got me too. Chad Jackson was my least favorite. Saw him many times in training camp. His basic don't give a hoot attitude shone through. It seemed like his very existence pissed off Brady. I'd see Brady, looking disgusted, waive him away from where he'd lined up to a different spot. On another camp day I thought I saw Brady just signal him off the field. He never returned that scrimmage. Chad would be yukking it up with other players while on the field and never seemed to have his head in the game. Got drafted because he had a muscular Josh Gordon like body.

I took major flak here because I started a thread with Chad Jackson Bust in the title. Folks correctly pointed out that it takes a couple seasons to evaluate a pick. They were right but Chad was the easily discernible exception.

Brace was just another fat BC guy. He must have done something really interesting to piss off BB.

It takes a couple of seasons to evaluate a draft pick, but it takes a couple of minutes to evaluate the chemistry of a WR with Brady. Guys who click do so right away; guys who don’t never do.

I can’t do podcasts. It’s just someone I never met talking for forty straight minutes. I can’t even listen to someone I know and love for 40 mins.
They're good during my commute. Otherwise I don't make time for any podcast.

Tate Frazier, Lombardi's partner on the podcasts, is really the MC, directing the conversation. It plays off like Lombardi is a guest on the show. The dynamic works well.

Regards,
Chris

I’m going to get the book. I want that one about scouting also but can’t remember the title

They're good during my commute. Otherwise I don't make time for any podcast.

Tate Frazier, Lombardi's partner on the podcasts, is really the MC, directing the conversation. It plays off like Lombardi is a guest on the show. The dynamic works well.

Regards,
Chris

I used to commute to Chicago every week and would download podcasts for the flights sometimes. Books and movies won out.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back