PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Green Bay/Atlanta: Who will win? Who do we want to win?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Select two answers below (1 from first 2, 1 from last 2)

• I think Atlanta will win

Votes: 53 48.2%
  • I think Green Bay will win

Votes: 42 38.2%
  • I want Atlanta to win

Votes: 71 64.5%
  • I want Green Bay to win

Votes: 25 22.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Atlanta to win but I think GB will. I'll take it a step further: if we face ATL, we win. If we face GB, we lose.
A little too bold to say we lose against GB for certain.

This a tough one to pick. Neither team has a defense, and the game will probably end up being 50-49.

As far as who I want - I think NE smashes either team, but I'd want GB more. Atlanta has more weapons on offense and they've got the best pass rusher left in the playoffs. GB would be the far easier match up, and beating Rodgers in the SB would be very satisfying.

Last edited:
Exactly the easy answer is Atlanta. Could you imagine a Packers-Steelers game I really think I'd skip the game if it came to it.

And I think Atlanta will win anyways they will put up points in bunches on Green Bay. Julio will run wild and they have those 2 Rbs plus Nelson won't be playing again.

He is banged up though.. I guess its a toe injury. It might effect his performance. I think Atlanta is probably the better over all team than GB. We will find out Sunday.

Want Green Bay. Aside from the Brady/Rodgers hype, that Packers secondary can't cover anyone. Brady might have a game for the ages.

Don't think they'll make it unless Rodgers remains unbelievably hot. Atlanta can put up 35 on them without breaking a sweat. Wouldn't shock me to see a repeat of their game earlier this year.

Regards,
Chris

Vegas Odds Pats vs GB, Pats -7.5 points favorites over GB in the Super Bowl
Vegas Odds Pats vs Atl, Pats -7 points over Atlanta in the Super Bowl

Interestingly Pats only favored by -4 or -4.5 over the Steelers.

Vegas Odds Pats vs GB, Pats -7.5 points favorites over GB in the Super Bowl
Vegas Odds Pats vs Atl, Pats -7 points over Atlanta in the Super Bowl

Interestingly Pats only favored by -4 or -4.5 over the Steelers.

Vegas giving the steelers a lot of love.

I think we're going to have our hands full with Pittsburgh. Their defense is much improved with that young LB they have. He was their #1 pick last year who struggled w/injuries but he's emerged as a Big Time Player. Plus....how long can one team continually get the better of the other? This is going to be a tough game.

But as to the original posters question. How can you not root for a Brady/Rogers matchup? I realize Atlanta probably seems like the easier route to the championship but a Brady/Rogers matchup when both are at the top of their respective games would be a dream matchup. They've only faced off once in their entire careers.

My wish list is definitely Green Bay. We might not win but it would be epic.....And if we did win...

HUGE!!!

I think this is gonna be an extremely tough game. Big Ben has kinda sucked on the road this year but its the playoffs.. it would be ultimately ****ty if Pitt went to KC and NE and knocked us both off and go onto win the Super Bowl.

You know what? Screw it. Bring on Rodgers. Assuming the Pats can get a win Sunday, I would love to have Brady get a shot at sticking a dagger in this ridiculous talk the last few days.

This is about HONOR!
This is about RESPECT!

:mad:

Last edited:
Let’s assume we make it to the Super Bowl.

In terms of the ticket prices on the secondary market, who do you think is the better option?

Read that after the Cowboys were eliminated, the price for the cheapest ticket dropped for about 700 $.

Now, as I understand Packers have a greater fan-base than the Falcons. But the Falcons have never been to the Super Bowl before and as we know Atlanta is closer to Houston than Wisconsin.

So which opponent would set the lower ticket price?

I don't care about making a statement by beating Rodgers in Superbowl. If we beat ATL Brady still gets 5 rings and if people are stupid enough to debate who the best QB is, then so be it. For lack of experience, I don't think Matt Ryan will play as good as he has played all season in NFCCG or SB. But I hope ATL makes it to SB. I would rather play a coach with no experience in Big game (as a HC) and a team full with most of the players playing in their first SB.

In terms of the ticket prices on the secondary market, who do you think is the better option?

Read that after the Cowboys were eliminated, the price for the cheapest ticket dropped for about 700 $.

Now, as I understand Packers have a greater fan-base than the Falcons. But the Falcons have never been to the Super Bowl before and as we know Atlanta is closer to Houston than Wisconsin.

The Falcons.

You are only talking about a 300mi distance. Thats an xtra 1/2 hr in the air. Big deal.

Packer fans are all over the place. They travel better than anyone.

Lots of good comments above.

Yes, beating Pittsburgh is the only important thing right now.

No, I don't know who is going to win in Atlanta.

No, I don't want it to be "Brady vs. Rodgers, the Showdown."

Yes, we will never hear the end of it if Rodgers were to beat Brady in the SB.

Bottom line?

Strange things can happen in Super Bowls (cue videos of Tyree catch and Welker drop). So, at the end of the day on Sunday, I'd rather that the Pats be up against Arthur Blank than the Ghost of Vince Lombardi.

http://lockerdome.com/happygilmore/6170048381332289/9450408473346320

Image Released of Man Wanted In Connection With Murder of 53 Cowboys in Arlington, Texas

48431bc28346f9ab58b6151d95029eb069be110db236839e6e817d08c790f825_large

Too many Packer's friends to not pull for them.

No surprise to anyone: I lean to it was not so much the Packers are hot (they are) as much as the Cowboys choked last weekend. I give Atlanta a slight edge.

Lots of good comments above.

Yes, beating Pittsburgh is the only important thing right now.

No, I don't know who is going to win in Atlanta.

No, I don't want it to be "Brady vs. Rodgers, the Showdown."

Yes, we will never hear the end of it if Rodgers were to beat Brady in the SB.

Bottom line?

Strange things can happen in Super Bowls (cue videos of Tyree catch and Welker drop). So, at the end of the day on Sunday, I'd rather that the Pats be up against Arthur Blank than the Ghost of Vince Lombardi.
I have friend that are Packer fans, but as I've told them "Fug the Packers!" :D

Don't care. Lets beat the hell out of the Steelers first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back