PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greatest comeback ever, game thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalemPats

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Wow, for 3 quarters we had bad luck, made some mistakes and the Falcons made some great plays.

Falcons started off great, the edge blocking was great and Freeman was breaking runs (not sure why Shanahan didn't ride him more). Long, Ninko, Sheard all struggled. Butler was great, had one bad luck fall on the Gabriel catch. The secondary despite giving up points was good, Julio made some ridiculous catches to show why he is an all-pro and Ryan made some good throws. On offense, Brady started off really good, had a couple of 3rd and 1s that we didn't get and a drop or two. The O-Line struggled early, especially at the middle as Jarret killed us (Solder struggled at times). The pick 6 wasn't good, but i liked the next drive. Obviously the second half, Flowers stepped up, Rowe on Julio was a good move (even though Julio made that ridiculous catch on him), Branch stepped up. On offense, Brady, Mitchell, White, Edelman, DA, Hogan all made plays. Their defense was exhausted by the 4th and their pass rush suffered.

An amazing comeback! Proud of this team

I wanna give credit to whoever started thst "2013 Denver game is the blue print"

I never got into that thread cause I was so incensed just sitting in my apt watching the game is so much stunning disbelief that I could only laugh.

This is amazing. I don't feel like it's real

Greatest come back. James White in the 4th looks like an amazing pick from this game alone. He is arguably the best pass catching back in the NFL. Brady was lights out in the early 3rd late 4th. Key plays all around. The D stopped Atlanta cold at 28 for something like what? 20+ minutes?

I think a key was the Atlanta pass rush got tired out. After that happened they had no chance to stop Brady really. Add that to great D and they had a chance to come back in if Atlanta made just a few mistakes and they did. The lack of experience and less than BB steller coaching showed and when push comes to shove the Pats made the plays needed and made the right calls.

When they went up 21-0, I thought it was over. Not ashamed to admit it. I am beyond proud of this team!! Never say never! ANYTHINGS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - KG

I kept watching not because I thought they would come back and win, but they would fight. Honestly, when Ghost missed that EP, I thought that this was just not their night. But I knew they would fight till the very end. Why, because they always do. Always. They did against Denver, they did against San Fran, they did it in 2002 against Chicago, against the Ravens and Seahawks to just name a few. These guys fight, they always do. So I knew, win or loose, they would fight till the end and that was good enough for me.

Things were going (somewhat) smoothly until Blount fumbled the ball, seems the team was thrown out of the comfort zone for a short period of time and it was enough for the Falcons to build 14-0 lead.

This game is why Belichick preaches 60 minutes of Football. Whether your up big or down big, stay calm and don't celebrate early if up or panic if down. Go out there and Do Your Job until the clock reaches 00:00.

While other teams roll over and die when down big despite plenty of time to fight back (Broncos).

Mindblowing

This game is why Belichick preaches 60 minutes of Football. Whether your up big or down big, stay calm and don't celebrate early if up or panic if down. Go out there and Do Your Job until the clock reaches 00:00.

While other teams roll over and die when down big despite plenty of time to fight back (Broncos).

I think what often goes unnoticed when we talk about 60 minutes of football is that it is not only about the mental aspect of never giving up but also the physical commitment to be conditioned in a way that makes it possible to go 60 minutes. Like many reporters and fans have already stated we wore Atlanta out yesterday to the point where their defense simply was gassed.

And this can be connected back to coaching philosophy as described by Reiss in his ESPN column where the Patriots were doing full pad practices and running "The Hill" while the Falcons apparently didn't have a full pad practice in weeks.

Most mentally tough team ever. 17-2 that is incredible.

Ladies and gentlemen enjoy this for a long, long time. We may never see anything remotely close to this ever again in the NFL. I know I'm bias but because of the circumstances it was the greatest NFL game I've had the privilege to witness and I go back to the mid 70's. As much as some Patriot fans want to separate BB and TB to assign who is responsible for the franchise success it really doesn't matter because we are fortunate to have them both at the same time.

Greatest game I have ever seen. I'm nursing a hangover at work right now but I feel great in spite of that. Brady is the undisputed GOAT. Not that we didn't know that already, but now the rest of the world has to admit it. Beyond elated.

When Dan Shaughnessy, of all people, writes this about a FOOTBALL game, well, you know you've just witnessed something extraordinary.

The opening paragraph of the front page of today's Globe:

It will take weeks, months, maybe years to fully absorb this one, but given all the layers of drama, emotion, and improbability, the Patriots’ 34-28 overtime victory over the Atlanta Falcons Sunday night might very well be the greatest moment in Boston sports history.
Is the Patriots’ win the greatest in Boston sports history? - The Boston Globe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back