PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great job on FA day three! Pleased with the front office?

I don't know about a crappy team but definitely an average team which is no one's goal.

It does but there are still a couple of vet tackle options that are decent that you can add to the mix to get you through this year and next. What do they need $-wise for the draft and the in-season moves? $15-17M? Give or take.

You would hope they would find a couple of more good players with the money left that will be here the next 2-4 years.
Yeah, I'm in the "we're desperate" for a LT stage. Even moreso than a WR1.

I'm also secretly starting to believe that they're putting together a team out there to lose big so we have high draft picks again in 2025.

I think if Belichick was the coach next year this would have been a perfectly fine offseason; the subtraction of Mac Jones alone would likely have been us a playoff contender. Given that it’s not BB coaching but rather a clown car, I think we stay a 2-4 win team next year.
So you prefer the guy who dug us into this hole was kept on to keep digging?

When it came to your responses to me, it was clear that there was an axe to grind. And it's cool.

You're right - because I let things go and I'm pretty lenient with people on here because I get that everybody's different, and people have different personalities. I get people who get annoyed with me for that, but I can't ban someone for being annoying/irritating or for having a difference of opinion. With the exception of a couple of extreme situations, and those occurred after a lot of conversations privately to avoid that.

Yeah, when I referred to the "F-you" that was metaphorically speaking. If I ask someone to stop doing something and they opt to purposely ignore it and keep doing it - ie: starting political threads in the main forum over and over just to mess with me, that's essentially what they're doing and it's an issue.

I'll give you that one - because it's relatively accurate. Although I would probably be less of a bore but more annoying after several beers.

Yeah, that was essentially for the people out there who think I have nothing better to do than hop on here looking to start fights and impose any so-called "agenda."

This is such an out of left field conversation, that I don't even know how to respond to this.

But in the case of that situation, no, I didn't start it. No, I'm not apologizing, and no, I'm not reinstating him. And in terms of "reflecting" - if a person goes out of their way to make my life difficult and then gets upset when they're ultimately removed, it's too late.

So it's over and done with. Wish it never came to that, but it's on him. And I'm not going to apologize for something I didn't initiate.
I think you need to stop responding. You're just feeding the troll.

I think if Belichick was the coach next year this would have been a perfectly fine offseason; the subtraction of Mac Jones alone would likely have been us a playoff contender. Given that it’s not BB coaching but rather a clown car, I think we stay a 2-4 win team next year.
No chance Bill would be offering $20 mill+ to Calvin Ridley. He also doubled down on Parker last summer so I would think that bum would still be on the roster as well.

Your post disproves your point.
That’s exactly my perspective. “You can’t criticize the organization at all or you get blocked!

Man proceeds to rant and rave about the organization and messageboard, how there is a conspiracy yet the owner of said message board continues to politely and diplomatically deal with the nonsense. He has done nothing but prove the opposite of his claim.

Plenty of people complain about the ownership and front office, myself included and no one is getting censored over it.

That’s exactly my perspective. “You can’t criticize the organization at all or you get blocked!

Man proceeds to rant and rave about the organization and messageboard, how there is a conspiracy yet the owner of said message board continues to politely and diplomatically deal with the nonsense. He has done nothing but prove the opposite of his claim.

Plenty of people complain about the ownership and front office, myself included and no one is getting censored over it.
I wonder if OP comes back with a mea culpa or if he doubles down on his drunken, incoherent, ranking.

So far the FA period has been pretty disgraceful. The Patriots must still think that they can lowball FAs and get away with it.

So if the Patriots are going to be cheap on FA and their facilities and food, I will be cheap with them.

So far the FA period has been pretty disgraceful. The Patriots must still think that they can lowball FAs and get away with it.

So if the Patriots are going to be cheap on FA and their facilities and food, I will be cheap with them.
200w.gif

No chance Bill would be offering $20 mill+ to Calvin Ridley. He also doubled down on Parker last summer so I would think that bum would still be on the roster as well.
He nearly gave Brandin Cookes $$$ in 2018 who IMO is a similar standard player to Ridley after giving up a first. He went on the get $81m 5 years from The Rams. .. whats happened since... cap up $177m to $255m or $78m rise.. coupled with WRs getting paid more than ever before.

$25m is the going rate easily now

Parker is a blocker... you cannot compare and I can see why BB signed him.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm in the "we're desperate" for a LT stage. Even moreso than a WR1.

I'm also secretly starting to believe that they're putting together a team out there to lose big so we have high draft picks again in 2025.
I think we need a T, DL and 1-2 DBs in FA that can play, not sit. They have the $ and there are decent enough players. Just shorten the shopping list before the draft. Then depending on the QB, the coaching, the weather, parking and luck, you could win 3-10 games.

I think we need a T, DL and 1-2 DBs in FA that can play, not sit. They have the $ and there are decent enough players. Just shorten the shopping list before the draft. Then depending on the QB, the coaching, the weather, parking and luck, you could win 3-10 games.
The "need" at DL is because Barmore and Godchaux will be free agents after the season.

This off season so far has proven that Kraft is cheap. FA’s will only come here if we seriously outbid other teams because unfortunately we are not a very desirable place right now . In order to get that true #1 WR we need to get into a bidding war and that is what the FO need to do . But of course it won’t happen with the Krafts. It’s about time that people realize that Bill spoke the truth when he said we spent the least because of the stupid Krafts !!!!

So you prefer the guy who dug us into this hole was kept on to keep digging?
Yes, I would prefer the guy who coached us to 6 Super Bowls and drafted the greatest QB of all time to get another shot with a new young QB. He got one shot with Mac Jones, which was a massive whiff, and Thunder kicked him right out the door.

He nearly gave Brandin Cookes $$$ in 2018 who IMO is a similar standard player to Ridley after giving up a first. He went on the get $81m 5 years from The Rams. .. whats happened since... cap up $177m to $255m or $78m rise.. coupled with WRs getting paid more than ever before.

$25m is the going rate easily now

Parker is a blocker... you cannot compare and I can see why BB signed him.
Who said Bill "nearly gave" Cooks anything close to what he got with the Rams? I think the only time Bill ever had a receiver paid in the top 5 was Moss and he was at #4 in terms of APY. Bill doesn't seem to value the position.

I have no issue with the contract reportedly offered to Ridley. You want one of these guys in free agency that's what it takes.

I wasn't comparing Parker to Ridley in anyway whatsoever. Just saying if Bill was still the coach we would also have that bum on the roster. If he paid Parker that much to be a blocker then it is an even worse signing then anyone ever could have imagined.

If I remember Cooks was considered a clubhouse distraction when he was here and his departure had a lot to do with that.

If you read this board and listen to sportstalk it is the same old, same old.. I do not care how much cap space they have paying Ridley 92 million + is not a wise investment for a 29 year old WR.

With a mediocre team and a new coaching staff players may be reluctant to come to this franchise.. we have lost a bit of our star power. But I do think next year the Pats will be better than they were last year.

This is not over with yet, sure there are more irons in the fire, what we see on paper is not what we will see at the onset of TC.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back