PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gost is back: Two-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any player signed after May 7th, their cap hit doesn't affect the comp picks the pats would get in 2020.

True, but that only matters for other team's FAs.

Surprised it’s a two year deal. Would have thought Gost would want to test the market again after this one didn’t work out too well for him.

Happy to have him in the fold. He’s made some big mistakes in important games but it can be much much worse. Kicked the game sealing kick in the Super Bowls and 3 rings and counting. A welcomed return.

Idiots. Sure he has an 87% FG rate or whatever but he missed that one kick that one time (nevermind that Julian is always good for like 2 dropsies a game)

I am glad this is done.

Idiots. Sure he has an 87% FG rate or whatever but he missed that one kick that one time (nevermind that Julian is always good for like 2 dropsies a game)
That SB 51 kick he was really let off the hook..hope he hooked Dola and White up with a Bruschi or something lol.

A welcome addition. I guess I don't have to finish this video. Scouting kickers is boring.

2 years seems just right from our perspective. Glad to have him back in the fold contrary to some on this board.

I reserve all judgement on this until I see the contract details.

Personally I would love for it to be incentivized on makings all his kicks in the AFCCG and SB. Something like if he makes all his kicks in the AFCCG he gets 500K. If he makes all his kicks in the SB he gets 500K. Give him 3.25M a year and that deal and I'll be happy. We can throw in a 250K for the Div round provision too.

Personally I would love for it to be incentivized on makings all his kicks in the AFCCG and SB. Something like if he makes all his kicks in the AFCCG he gets 500K. If he makes all his kicks in the SB he gets 500K. Give him 3.25M a year and that deal and I'll be happy. We can throw in a 250K for the Div round provision too.

The irony of paying him for postseason performance when he’s essentially only being paid for the 16 game regular season, like all players.

The irony of paying him for postseason performance when he’s essentially only being paid for the 16 game regular season, like all players.

Is it really that ironic when you're talking about the Patriots? They aren't the Jets who won't sniff the playoffs.

It’s always great to have long-term players and makes it a lot more enjoyable as a fan. Gost was probably already a Patriots Hall of Famer, but if there was any doubt more years with the team seems to weigh heavily on how fans remember players.

Is it really that ironic when you're talking about the Patriots? They aren't the Jets who won't sniff the playoffs.

What happens if they don’t make the AFCCG or Super Bowl?

I kind of get what you're saying but wouldn't adding that kind of extra pressure in a big game be counterproductive?

One less position to have to worry about. I'd like to see us re-sign a
couple more of our guys before the draft. I noticed Humber was at the
Red Sox game.

Gost is back? yay? woohoo?

i was fine with the idea of reupping him, just as i was fine with BB letting him walk...

tbh, tired of seeing him miss kicks ... it rankles me whenever i see him play Norwood

I kind of get what you're saying but wouldn't adding that kind of extra pressure in a big game be counterproductive?

Good point. I've spent way to much time thinking about that exact thing for the past month LOL. Imagine yourself getting ready to kick...and you think about missing a couple big kicks over the years. That type of negativity is an issue obviously. But what if it's not just about winning or the negativity of those misses....but about an extra $500k. Now Imagine getting ready to kick and instead of thinking about those misses....your thinking about an extra $500k if you make all your post season kicks. To me that's a positive....a good vibe. I'm going up there with an attitude and going to kick it home. I love the idea of $ post season incentives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back