PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gordon being held out for a quarter tonight at Buffalo for being late

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get this line of thinking.

How does keeping a premier receiver out of game for a quarter teach him a lesson? You’re only hurting the team as a whole.

Discipline him in house. This isn’t high school, it’s the NFL.

Same way although different reasons remember Welker was benched for a quarter I think against the Jets for the whole foot thing.

How does keeping a premier receiver out of game for a quarter teach him a lesson? You’re only hurting the team as a whole.

I agree. But this is how BB does things. I don't think he should bench players as much as he does. There must be other ways. Perhaps a team fine, but i don't know if that is possible without suspending him.

• Agree
Reactions: SVN

I am quite sure bill knows what he is doing. There is a certain way the team is run and he wants everyone esp smeone with 2.5 strikes already to fall in line. Plus he probably knows gronk is playing tonite. If gordon didn't play the first series you wouldnt know.

Hoping his career arc doesn't follow the Jonas Grey model after being tardy.

Yea hope this doesn't get over blown.

Sorry, but we can't have that:

This is stupid. It ****ed us over when we did that to Welker for making fun of Rex's foot fetish and it could quite feasibly **** us over tonight. You're not punishing Gordon, you're punishing the season.

If you can't beat the Bills without Gordon then you've got bigger problems than discipline.

Gordon being Gordon, he's always going to be a ticking clock before he's back on the weed or whatever, you just hope you can get through the year i have no hope in him being a long term solution here.

Those problems could be worked out by the end of the regular season. A loss remains a loss.

This is a big issue though. If Gordon didn't have the history he had this wouldn't have been a big issue, but he does.

Your history does matter and it makes these things a bigger deal. I don't think we should make more of this than it is, but we need to be realistic.

Some people here may actually believe Josh Gordon will be here for the rest of Brady's career. I highly doubt that. He isn't going to turn over a new leaf. He had chance after chance to do it and yet has made bad choice after bad choice. He will eventually make a bad choice here and they will compound until he make his final bad choice and is kicked out of the NFL for good.

Guy showed up late, so he's being benched for a quarter or so. Until we know the 'how' and 'why' of it, so to speak, reading into this is folly. After all....

"He's got good feet."

But that won't stop it from being overblown.

We do know that Bill is known to not be afraid to cut off vital limbs of his roster for the sake of discipline... even if it means sacrificing championships. ;)

I’m fine with it. This is part of “The Patriot Way” (horribly misused term but part of it is accountability for every player).

I wasn’t fine with the Malcolm Butler benching which was also presumably for disciplinary reasons.

So for me, there’s a difference between “benching a WR for one quarter against the Bills” and “benching your CB for the whole Super Bowl while your secondary is getting destroyed”. The line is somewhere in between.

explains why BB is in the market for another WR. we need demaryius ASAP...i'd take emanuel sanders as well!!

gordon isn't reliable at all. he might light up a blunt in retaliation. lol

This is stupid. It ****ed us over when we did that to Welker for making fun of Rex's foot fetish and it could quite feasibly **** us over tonight. You're not punishing Gordon, you're punishing the season.

Boundaries are necessary when helping someone navigate behavioral issues. I don't see how anyone could be upset at anyone but Gordon about this.

Ah the nuance of team. I don't think fining him would impact his behavior and while this may not either, it attempts to show him how he is letting his teammates down by not respecting team rules. Maybe this has a greater impact on him. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News