PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gordon being held out for a quarter tonight at Buffalo for being late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not panic probably just an honest mistake, and it's only for a quarter not the whole game.

That is odd for BB though. He usually holds guys out for the whole game for being late. The fact he is being so lenient here is a break from his past actions.

It probably has to do with the fact that Gronk isn't ready and they are hoping to continue to build chemistry with him and Brady and they don't want to delay that process.

Pats are purposefully leaking this info so that gordon knows how its done publicly. Otherwise when does BB announce benchings before the game ?

This is stupid. It ****ed us over when we did that to Welker for making fun of Rex's foot fetish and it could quite feasibly **** us over tonight. You're not punishing Gordon, you're punishing the season.

How does anybody know this? I can't believe BB would tell reporters or even team mates this.

... But, whomever did suss out this tidbit, please find out why Malcolm Butler was benched for the super bowl.

They have numerous people on the inside feeding them info

This is stupid. It ****ed us over when we did that to Welker for making fun of Rex's foot fetish and it could quite feasibly **** us over tonight. You're not punishing Gordon, you're punishing the season.

If you can't beat the Bills without Gordon then you've got bigger problems than discipline.

Gordon being Gordon, he's always going to be a ticking clock before he's back on the weed or whatever, you just hope you can get through the year i have no hope in him being a long term solution here.

Sounds like when he kicked Edelman out of training camp for a day or so when he was scrapping with someone.

The fact he’s coming back in later on in the game shows it may be a small minor thing. It also sounds like they want to monitor his workload as well and not burn him out.

Remember he hasn’t played a lot of snaps for years.

That is odd for BB though. He usually holds guys out for the whole game for being late. The fact he is being so lenient here is a break from his past actions.

It probably has to do with the fact that Gronk isn't ready and they are hoping to continue to build chemistry with him and Brady and they don't want to delay that process.
What is odd is that its public. Neither welker or butler benchings were acknowledged before hand.

Big deal. He was a bit late. His talent and football intelligence (per Brady) is not worth giving up on unless he fully goes off the rails - and this is nowhere near "off the rails".

V9y3EcE.gif

Last edited:
maybe Butler really did kill someone?

If you can't beat the Bills without Gordon then you've got bigger problems than discipline.

Those problems could be worked out by the end of the regular season. A loss remains a loss.

I think bill knows what he is doing with gordon. This is the bills.

Three things:

1. We’re on the road.

2. Bills have a halfway decent defense.

3. Our defense is known to make journeyman backup QB’s look like the next coming of the messiah.

Yea hope this doesn't get over blown.

This is a big issue though. If Gordon didn't have the history he had this wouldn't have been a big issue, but he does.

Your history does matter and it makes these things a bigger deal. I don't think we should make more of this than it is, but we need to be realistic.

Some people here may actually believe Josh Gordon will be here for the rest of Brady's career. I highly doubt that. He isn't going to turn over a new leaf. He had chance after chance to do it and yet has made bad choice after bad choice. He will eventually make a bad choice here and they will compound until he make his final bad choice and is kicked out of the NFL for good.

nobody should be surprised about this. hes such a tease.

My worry is Gordon takes it the wrong way/feels offend and starts showing some resistance starts rebelling but hopefully it was just a slip up and understands that and moves on and continues to build with Brady, being as tho they've been close hopefully Bradys patting him in the back making sure his not taking it personal.

This is a big issue though. If Gordon didn't have the history he had this wouldn't have been a big issue, but he does.

Your history does matter and it makes these things a bigger deal. I don't think we should make more of this than it is, but we need to be realistic.

Some people here may actually believe Josh Gordon will be here for the rest of Brady's career. I highly doubt that. He isn't going to turn over a new leaf. He had chance after chance to do it and yet has made bad choice after bad choice. He will eventually make a bad choice here and they will compound until he make his final bad choice and is kicked out of the NFL for good.
If Gordon didnt start today , no one wouldve noticed. The fact that this info was leaked by the team means it was done with a purpose of a public warning. Anything more serious they wouldve cut him.

I don’t get this line of thinking.

How does keeping a premier receiver out of game for a quarter teach him a lesson? You’re only hurting the team as a whole.

Discipline him in house. This isn’t high school, it’s the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back