PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell plans to be @ Gillette season opener

Status
Not open for further replies.
mask.jpg
I love the idea of T-shirts, but the cost would be astronomical (pretend they're $1.00 each - which they'd obviously be more than that - you're talking $68,000+) and the logistics worry me in terms of the fact we'd be talking a massive truck with pallettes of boxes that we'd have to get into the lots and then spread them around the stadium in order to be able to get them handed out by game time, and we'd have the issue of running out of them at one location while then trying to getting them moved from one spot to another.

It's not impossible, but after some initial conversations I've had, I'm just trying to think of everything we might be dealing with and explore all our options. For those of you who have looked at these posts and haven't jumped in (and it's been a little quiet since I posted that this morning), don't be afraid to chime in even if you disagree and make a suggestion.

I've been looking around for other ideas. Earlier I suggested hats, but the concern there would be that the picture of Goodell would be small. I then found another product. Again not a perfect idea, but hopefully we'll get some opinions. A mask (9 x 7) like this with Goodell's face including a red nose. They are very inexpensive, easier to transport, but again we have the problem of how long will people wear them. This would be pretty funny though.

I think this works with either the shirt or poster, or a combination. Hell even a printout on 8x11 by a big chunk of fans would be better than nothing.. just keep holding up for most of the game.

How about white balloons with the image on them.? Small, light, easy to hand out and store in your pants pocket. Give everyone two or more and they can bang them together all game. Kids would love them as well. I'm guessing people would also take the opportunity to start bouncing them around the stadium as well. That would be quite the sight and would allow people to bash around Roger's likeness. So satisfaying while sending a message.

T-shirts still seem best, but a Goodell Clown face cardboard-backed picture would be a reasonable fallback.

A note could explain that this is "honor" of our visitor, with instructions to hold it up (maybe)
-right after the anthem
-during kickoff
-after every Patriots score

I hope its Pit so we can whoop em again on opening day.

I've been part of one of these threads before. The clown nose, is a non-starter, and shouldn't even been talked about any more. OTOH the Barstool Clown shirt is the way to go here. The image has already been a natioinal story as an example of an insulting image that the NFL front office hated. There is no better reason than that to make THAT the symbol of our ever growning hatred of the man who will steal ANOTHER draft pick from us this April.

Barstool is a multimillion dollar media outlet. The NFL opening game gets some of the biggest TV numbers of the year. Spending $100,000 to fund those shirts would be the most effective and cheapest advertizing dollars they will spend all year. A really serious effort needs to be made to reach out to them. They aren't idiots. If they thought there was a reasonable plan to get the shirts distributed, they be on this in a nanosecond.

As to the logistics. In the interest of cost and ease of distribution, all shirts should be large. In this case size shouldn't matter. If they are too big for fashion, they wouldn't be too big for show, and that is what this would be all about....SHOW. Even fat guys can squeeze into a large for few hours. As to who would distribute them? Ian, you could get 50 people people right here from this site, and those fifty people could easily get 50 more or however more you need

All that would be needed then would be a couple of centralized distributions sites located at rest areas on the MA Pike or 495 where people could drive to pick up a few thousand shirts each and drive down to the Stadium parking lots and in front of the 2 main stadium entry points to hand them out to the willing wearers.

The team itself will have complete deniabilty and a stadium full of clown shirts will complete the utter NATIONAL humiliation of someone who justly deserves it. There would be no way the media could ignore it or quickly gloss over it. The best thing about this kind of message is it would last THREE FREAKIN' HOURS.

We are one of the greatest and most wide spread fan bases in sports. We have 5 full months to make this happen. NOT to do it would be a massive failure on our part and something we should be ashamed, and would regret if we didn't make this happen
This makes sense to me.

maybe we should cheer him. Serious applause, cheer him to the echo. If nothing else it would confuse the hell out of hin

Goodell is coming to Foxboro, eh?

th

I kinda want to fly there (I live in AZ), just so I can boo him while wearing a Goodell clown shirt.

Last edited:
Some of you guys don't get it. Goodell doesn't care what you do. He knows the Patriots fans don't like him. A lot of teams fans don't like him.
And don't think the rest of the leagues teams will be laughing it up with you when you all wear your masks or tee shirts.
They don't like the Patriots either.

We also need to come up with a good chant. We had a chance at the AFCC last year but we didn't quite come up with an audible one.

1st half: Hel-lo Ro-ger (clap, clap, clap clap clap).
2nd half: Good-bye Ro-ger (clap, clap, clap clap clap).

Some of you guys don't get it. Goodell doesn't care what you do. He knows the Patriots fans don't like him. A lot of teams fans don't like him.
And don't think the rest of the leagues teams will be laughing it up with you when you all wear your masks or tee shirts.
They don't like the Patriots either.

I can only speak for myself, but I do things like this for my satisfaction, not to send a message. I also like to see it for my fellow Pats fans.

For months, we helplessly watched as Brady's name was dragged through the mud on national tv. He will probably hear mentions of his suspension and deflating footballs for most of his career and maybe his life. As fans it's just another accusation that opposing fans use to demean the accomplishments of this team.

All of this was caused by Roger Goodell.

When Matt Patricia exited the plane after the Super Bowl wearing the clown shirt, it was reported that Goodell was annoyed. I would love to do something to get under his skin! I'd love to make the clown t-shirt handout happen, but I'll take anything that makes a statement that lets him know we aren't pushovers and we don't forgive him. And if a few other fans from other teams notice or even recognize the efforts that it took for an obsessed fan base to pull it off, even better.

I also think that with whatever we end up doing, at the gates of Gillette we should have a donation jar and collect money for cancer research and donate it to Dana Faber in Galynn Brady's name. After all that Goodell has put this family through, something good should come from it.

Last edited:
I'm around lots of fans of other teams and I'll tell you they have no sympathy for the Patriots. It's all i hear about is how they cheat. You will get no support from those fan bases. They don't like Goodell either but the hatred for the Patriots is worse.

"A rope, a tree, hang the head of the league"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST