PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell caught lying yet again, and this time it may cost Kraft bigtime $$$

upstater1

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score

Part of the evidence includes a phone call from 2013 between Kroenke, Goodell, Mara, and Steelers owner Art Rooney (it’s unclear based on Karraker’s tweets whether Rooney is required to surrender his financial information at this point). During the conversation, Kroenke said, “I’m going to buy two parcels of land and build a stadium in L.A.,” and that he’s trying very hard to stay under the radar screen and keep it hidden. Goodell said, “We will respect your confidentiality.”

Rams COO Kevin Demoff later gave Goodell talking points regarding the land purchase for his pre-Super Bowl press conference in 2014. Here’s part of what he said, at a time when Goodell already knew that Kroenke intended to build a stadium on the land he had purchased:“Stan is a very successful developer. He has billions of dollars of projects that are going on around the country in real estate development. So I think instead of overreacting, we should make sure we do what’s necessary to continue to support the team locally as the fans have done in St. Louis. And make sure we do whatever we can to make sure that team is successful in the St. Louis market. . . . There are no plans to my knowledge of a stadium development.” (Emphasis added.)

It's going to cost all the owners. And honestly, screw them. It's so beyond clear now that the entire NFL was deadset on getting the Rams out of St. Louis and in LA (which is comical considering how much LA has been a laughingstock).

"Part of the evidence includes a phone call from 2013 between Kroenke, Goodell, Mara, and Steelers owner Art Rooney (it’s unclear based on Karraker’s tweets whether Rooney is required to surrender his financial information at this point). During the conversation, Kroenke said, “I’m going to buy two parcels of land and build a stadium in L.A.,” and that he’s trying very hard to stay under the radar screen and keep it hidden. Goodell said, “We will respect your confidentiality.”

Did someone record that phone call? How was it released?

"Goodell said, “We will respect your confidentiality.”"...yeah..and the check's in the mail...and I won't come in your mouth...blah blah blah....how this moron still believes people believe him is as astounding an example of full blown moronicism as there is today in our country...and THAT'S saying something

Oh god, please don't let him see me. Oh god, please, no. No. Oh my god, no. No. Please.

1626138387712.png

Hey Roger...great to see you! My ass tastes bad, you say? I better go shower...just wanted to make sure you got a good lick first.

1626138054629.png

You see, Roger, there are two types of people in the world...you know what, I don't even need to do that. Hope you enjoyed that comeback, you filthy little cvnt.

1626138191818.png

Look, daddy! It's that scary man that tells lies! Also, what's a "tran-ee hooker?" I heard a grownup whisper he killed one last night at his hotel.

1626137749454.png

Last edited:
Goodell does what he's paid to do. Right now, you are doing EXACTLY what the owners are hoping you'll do. Blame Goodell instead of them.
The article literally give an example of an alleged Goodell lie.

Here’s part of what he said, at a time when Goodell already knew that Kroenke intended to build a stadium on the land he had purchased:“Stan is a very successful developer. He has billions of dollars of projects that are going on around the country in real estate development. So I think instead of overreacting, we should make sure we do what’s necessary to continue to support the team locally as the fans have done in St. Louis. And make sure we do whatever we can to make sure that team is successful in the St. Louis market. . . . There are no plans to my knowledge of a stadium development.” (Emphasis added.)

Are people supposed to ignore that?

While this trial - or, I should say, pre-trial procedures - are moving about as slow as molasses, it sure seems to me that the judge rules against the NFL each and every time one of these rulings pops up. Sure doesn't seem to me that they were operating in good faith, but what do I know...

Goodell does what he's paid to do. Right now, you are doing EXACTLY what the owners are hoping you'll do. Blame Goodell instead of them.
Yes, but this isn't exactly something as simple as Goodell taking the bad PR hit for something the League did, and then everyone forgets about it 2 weeks later... if the NFL loses, it will the owners (not Goodell) coughing up billions - and that's billions with a b - of dollars to St. Louis....

No. But he's doing what the owners tell him to do. You are blaming the lackey.

He does NOTHING without the owners' sayso.
To repeat:

The article literally give an example of an alleged Goodell lie.

And you acknowledge that we're not supposed to ignore that. So that means we........ discuss that. So you giving us the "blaming the lackey" response is inapplicable in this context.

His lie is what he was told to lie about by the owners. His guilt is that he was caught doing what the owners told him.

Why don't we discuss how the owners hold cities hostage over their teams? How they push them to give them more taxpayer money or else they'll go someplace else to take more taxpayer money.

EDITED TO ADD: Isn't that more of a problem than a corporate stooge doing what a corporate stooge is supposed to do?

His lie is what he was told to lie about by the owners. His guilt is that he was caught doing what the owners told him.

Why don't we discuss how the owners hold cities hostage over their teams? How they push them to give them more taxpayer money or else they'll go someplace else to take more taxpayer money.

EDITED TO ADD: Isn't that more of a problem than a corporate stooge doing what a corporate stooge is supposed to do?
When you lie in such a manner as to bring upon legal liability to yourself and others, "But they told me to" doesn't hold up.

And, if you want to discuss the owners, feel free to do so. But the judge doesn't seem inclined to take your position on this, since he's including Goodell in with that group of owners.

I'm not sure what you think you're arguing against me here. I'm not excusing him. I just don't think it's the main issue at hand here. Isn't the issue more what Kroenke and the other owners were doing?

I'm not sure what you think you're arguing against me here. I'm not excusing him. I just don't think it's the main issue at hand here. Isn't the issue more what Kroenke and the other owners were doing?
Col Jessup ordered the code red. But the lower ranked still needed to get booted because their conduct was criminal.

Yes, RG is a loser & a stooge. But he is caught in a lie. He is ultimately responsible for that.

"Part of the evidence includes a phone call from 2013 between Kroenke, Goodell, Mara, and Steelers owner Art Rooney (it’s unclear based on Karraker’s tweets whether Rooney is required to surrender his financial information at this point). During the conversation, Kroenke said, “I’m going to buy two parcels of land and build a stadium in L.A.,” and that he’s trying very hard to stay under the radar screen and keep it hidden. Goodell said, “We will respect your confidentiality.”

Did someone record that phone call? How was it released?
Ted Wells was brought in to inspect Goodell's cell phone, but Goodell said he lost it. Luckily Wells's people found it in the trash on Goodell's property.

Yes, I'm joking.

Not disagreeing. But my point is we should be more focused on the owners. What they're doing has the real consequences.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back