PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good news! The sky is not actually falling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it true that Gronk might miss a game because of a punctured lung?

Only in New England does 8-2 qualify as a disaster. :rolleyes:

There are 28 other teams and fanbases who would be happy to have that record.
Ofcourse is disaster. Disaster is not 14-2 or 15-1 or 16-0.
Disaster is when you know that your team can lose superbowl and your team who was huge favorite before sunday game suddenly is exposed as bad defense.
Your team which according to many experts and fans on this forum was the most complete team ever, defense the best ever. I watched first game against Arizona and saw nothing special on this D, but i am not expert so i thought that maybe they are good after Houston game and then Collins trade and suddenly i was right. But again i thought that maybe after bye they would become better because al the locker room cancers were cut or traded. But no, they really really sucked. They sucked so bad that when they played man it looks like zone because they got beaten so bad.

If i am Cleveland fan then my expectation is 2-3 wins, every win is almost like playoff win. Just as my local hockey team. They were top once like patriots, but now are losing team and i am happy with every win they get. But 10years ago every league year there were high expectation and semifinals were not good.

Last edited:
Despite what these forums might look like, I just came back inside from my lunch break and the sky looks perfect!

For those of you not into the doom and gloom that is the entirety of the front page right now, can we talk about how fun that game was last night?

Take away the two turnovers and the game is night and day. God i hope these two teams make it to the superbowl again!

Offense! Defense! Lead changes. I know some here would rather see 50 point blow outs every week, but that is just not realistic in the NFL. I cant believe so many are upset after a game like that. Both teams played hard. No really Blatently bad calls. A little gamesmanship from the opposing coach(going for two). CLEAN hard hits. Thats the type of game the patriots needed to lose, so that BB the coach can get to work prepping these guys for the long haul.

I bet he would have liked the win, but hes relishing a close loss.

Right on the money, this is exactly how I see it. That was a great game to watch and I would love to see a rematch in the Super Bowl. These are the two best teams in football and every time they meet we get a great game.

Seattle is probably our worst matchup in the NFL, as they are for most teams with that defense. I don't see any other defense in the league that comes close to being able to slow down the Patriots if the Pats bring their A-game. Patriots are roughly even odds to make it to the SB, while Seattle has a tougher draw and is about 3:1. There's a very reasonable chance the Patriots will get to the SB and avoid playing a rematch, and there's no shame in that.

The 2014 team was much better and deeper on the defensive side of the ball.

Yeah I remember that's all anyone was posting after we got blown out by the Chiefs - how deep and good our defense was.

Yeah I remember that's all anyone was posting after we got blown out by the Chiefs - how deep and good our defense was.

Meh, I expect all the gnashing of teeth and rending of clothes asunder whenever there is a loss. The Buffalo loss hurt more because they actually, really ****ing suck. Seattle? That's a SB contender, and while a win would have been great, I'm sure a few people had that down as a loss in the season predictions.

What's that saying? Can't get too high after wins, or too low after losses. The Pats are still a SB contender, and BB will address the issues on D, starting with a questionable zone scheme.

For what it's worth, I have kinda called for a slow down the second half; I had us at 7-1 through 8 games, and finishing with a 12-4 record. I had San Fran as our headscratcher loss, though, so ehhhhh...

Either way, I slept last night.

I've never thought losing was better than winning for any reason. I don't believe losing a game at a certain point will help them win later. That's one reason why I laugh at the gutless Colts for taking their foot off the gas that one year when they had an outside chance at a perfect season.

Having said that, I also don't think taking a loss is the end of the world. You can take things away from the game even when you lose. I think the fact that they had a real chance to win last night despite a relatively poor performance says a lot.

That was game 4 of the 2014 season.. Thats a big difference than game 9. I called a shoot out against Seattle because I know our offense is probably the best in the league and our defense has trouble stopping any team. If we didn't turn the ball over twice than we probably win the game... Brady's INT was horrible and Edelman picked a real bad time to fumble the ball.. The sky isn't falling I still think we make it to the AFC championship.. but I really thought this year was the best shot at #5 for TB/BB combo. Looks like we are gonna fall short because of the D.

That was game 4 of the 2014 season.. Thats a big difference than game 9.

Let's not forget the Divisional round game, where the Ravens made our defense their ***** for most of the game, and put up 400+ yards and 31 points.

For some reason, people seem to be overrating that defense. It was a good enough unit to win the SB, but it had its weaknesses. Just like this year's defense.

Yes, a silver lining is better than a handful of gold.

facepalm

The sky isn't falling I still think we make it to the AFC championship.. but I really thought this year was the best shot at #5 for TB/BB combo. Looks like we are gonna fall short because of the D.

If true, that would be the 6th straight AFC championship game appearance resulting in a total of 1 Super Bowl victory, and that would be a damn shame.

Thats the type of game the patriots needed to lose, so that BB the coach can get to work prepping these guys for the long haul. hes relishing a close loss.

facepalm copy 2.jpg

What's that saying? Can't get too high after wins, or too low after losses. The Pats are still a SB contender, and BB will address the issues on D, starting with a questionable zone scheme.

Actually, Belichick came out himself and stated that they were much more effective in zone coverage on Sunday night vs. their poor showing in man coverage. I realize this is a very unpopular opinion here on patsfans right now, but that's what he said in his presser.

If he has one then yup. Better to be safe than sorry.

Since it's a back to back road trip and the (supposed) concern is flying, I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see Gronk miss both the SF and NY games. I'm not meaning to sound pessimistic, but it's certainly a possibility. We'll have to see.

BB hates losing more than anything.

You aren't kidding, buddy. You should've seen the look on his face and body language (twice, actually) when asked about the TD given up right before the half. He cannot stand losing--period, particularly on a big national TV stage with a lot of hype.

To all doomers, I remind you of 2014 against the Chiefs. We were dominated and blown out.

We then went on to win the Super Bowl.

In Bill We Trust.

Exactly. I wish they would've kicked our ass harder to ensure change and improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST