PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good news! The sky is not actually falling

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Despite what these forums might look like, I just came back inside from my lunch break and the sky looks perfect!

For those of you not into the doom and gloom that is the entirety of the front page right now, can we talk about how fun that game was last night?

Take away the two turnovers and the game is night and day. God i hope these two teams make it to the superbowl again!

Offense! Defense! Lead changes. I know some here would rather see 50 point blow outs every week, but that is just not realistic in the NFL. I cant believe so many are upset after a game like that. Both teams played hard. No really Blatently bad calls. A little gamesmanship from the opposing coach(going for two). CLEAN hard hits. Thats the type of game the patriots needed to lose, so that BB the coach can get to work prepping these guys for the long haul.

I bet he would have liked the win, but hes relishing a close loss.

I thought it was entertaining television for sure. It's nice to see two high quality teams play an exciting game. Especially given the quality of most teams this season.

Sometimes the Pats play a good team who have a good game and the Pats lose.

From the Seahawks fan perspective, they probably felt enormously satisfied given the last loss to the Pats. I wouldn't wish the records reversed. Plus they had to sit through a 6-6 tie this season.

"Thats the type of game the patriots needed to lose, so that BB the coach can get to work prepping these guys for the long haul."

There is no game the Pats "need" to lose. Period.

"I bet he would have liked the win, but hes relishing a close loss."

You'd lose that bet. BB hates losing more than anything.

I'll take this rather than the converse, us losing the SB and winning last night. I'm at peace. :)

Plus the bend but don't break became a tad too elastic last night. Rushing two? Seriously?

Thats the type of game the patriots needed to lose, so that BB the coach can get to work prepping these guys for the long haul.

So, were you rooting for a loss at the end? Since we needed to lose, as you say? He couldn't have prepped them with a win? o_O

So, were you rooting for a loss at the end? Since we needed to lose, as you say? He couldn't have prepped them with a win? o_O
yeah man,

Thats exactly what i said, I hope the patriots lose every game :rolleyes:

Go back to one of the 50-60 "the patriots suck" "this specific player sucks" "BB sucks" threads that pop up after every single loss where yall seem to lose your pink hat in the clothes hamper.

"Thats the type of game the patriots needed to lose, so that BB the coach can get to work prepping these guys for the long haul."

You would be surprised at how wrong you are about things. I'm sure BB is well aware that to win everything you occasionally need to lose. The NFL season has a lot of ups and a lot of downs, and losses to good, superbowl caliber teams can sometimes provide more then a win does.

yeah man,

Thats exactly what i said, I hope the patriots lose every game :rolleyes:

Go back to one of the 50-60 "the patriots suck" "this specific player sucks" "BB sucks" threads that pop up after every single loss where yall seem to lose your pink hat in the clothes hamper.

That's not what I said you said. I took your EXACT quote and asked you a question based off what YOU said. You said this was the type of game the patriots NEEDED to lose. So I was wondering since you feel that way, were you rooting for us to lose that game near the end since you claim we needed this kind of loss so badly?

"you occasionally need to lose."

No, no you don't. What did Herm Edwards say? You play to win the game! Also, remember a few years ago when BB went off on Michael Holley for even insinuating that he doesn't try to win every game?

I've never thought losing was better than winning for any reason. I don't believe losing a game at a certain point will help them win later. That's one reason why I laugh at the gutless Colts for taking their foot off the gas that one year when they had an outside chance at a perfect season.

Having said that, I also don't think taking a loss is the end of the world. You can take things away from the game even when you lose. I think the fact that they had a real chance to win last night despite a relatively poor performance says a lot.

"you occasionally need to lose."

No, no you don't. What did Herm Edwards say? You play to win the game! Also, remember a few years ago when BB went off on Michael Holley for even insinuating that he doesn't try to win every game?

Herm edwards? Lol

I enjoyed the game, despite the loss. Take away Jule's turnover, and I believe it's SEA having to make a final desperate attempt to score.

Of course nobody ever wants to lose. But there are times it hurts more than others. December it could be a momentum killer.

Despite what these forums might look like, I just came back inside from my lunch break and the sky looks perfect!

For those of you not into the doom and gloom that is the entirety of the front page right now, can we talk about how fun that game was last night?

Take away the two turnovers and the game is night and day. God i hope these two teams make it to the superbowl again!

Offense! Defense! Lead changes. I know some here would rather see 50 point blow outs every week, but that is just not realistic in the NFL. I cant believe so many are upset after a game like that. Both teams played hard. No really Blatently bad calls. A little gamesmanship from the opposing coach(going for two). CLEAN hard hits. Thats the type of game the patriots needed to lose, so that BB the coach can get to work prepping these guys for the long haul.

I bet he would have liked the win, but hes relishing a close loss.

We don't need this kind of optimism on the forum...don't you realise Bill is past it and San Francisco are going to eat us alive?

You would be surprised at how wrong you are about things. I'm sure BB is well aware that to win everything you occasionally need to lose. The NFL season has a lot of ups and a lot of downs, and losses to good, superbowl caliber teams can sometimes provide more then a win does.

I agree with you but would word it differently. Too many literal snobs.

Of course BB prefers to win and hates to lose but I do believe there is an opportunity to "prep" the team after a loss that is not available after a win.

"Ball security!!"

To all doomers, I remind you of 2014 against the Chiefs. We were dominated and blown out.

We then went on to win the Super Bowl.

In Bill We Trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing