PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good game Pats fans - And you need to Cut Cam Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sincerely consider myself a Pat's fan since Cam came on board to NE. If you read my short post count, you will understand why.

That said, I'm honestly not certain why you are posting here? You seem like nothing more than an instigator.

On a sidenote, I was out in one front field working with the wife, had the phone in the truck and was checking updates on this game (couldn't get it on TV anyways). I saw where NE had the ball on like the Bills 20 yard line with under a minute, and I was stalling for time while my wife was working LOL. All of a sudden I saw it was the Bill's ball, and swear to God, thought to myself, "dang, hope Cam didn't fumble the ball or throw a stupid pic".
At that same moment I turned to my wife and said, "I think the Pats have a good shot at a win if Cam doesn't do something stupid." Harris was going right through them and I thought it was just a matter of time before they took it in for the winning TD.

Miami is taking the division. Better team than Buffalo and teams going in opposite directions. Buffalo is an average team as evidenced by their -1 point differential.

lol the Bills already blew Miami out.

In Miami too.

The Bills were up 11 with a minute left. A garbage time TD with 50 or so seconds on the clock made it a 3 point final differential.

Buffalo is an average team as evidenced by their -1 point differential.

The -1 point differential is due to 1 game.

Titans won by 26 which created an outlier in the statistics.

(I assume they teach outliers in STATS class in NE?)

Outside of that game, Buffalo is +25 for the season.

Miami is about to hit the tough part of their season coming up too.

Cardinals, Chiefs, Raiders, Bills, Patriots.

The press pumps all these young QB's up like shameless pimps every year looking for their next "Peytie Pooch"...look at the schlock that IS Sam Darnit...ridiculous. I read the QB draft analysis, as I do every year, when Darnold was being pumped up...looking back

"Darnold looked like a can't-miss pro-style QB during his stellar redshirt freshman season at USC in 2016. But after a shaky, inconsistent sophomore campaign where his interceptions ramped up, capped by a miserable Cotton Bowl performance against Ohio State's talented defense, Darnold became more of a polarizing prospect."

He was another in a long line of USC Pat Haden types but immediately the NY moron press had him pegged as "The Samchise!"...they got it wrong...again...SSDD. The most damning evidence is the "quarterback whisperer" has been able to do LESS than zero with Darnold.

I don't ever remember Arnold ever being seen as a sure thing. Outside of JetsLand.

I think after Peyton is was.. Luck.. maybe Burrow as sure things. Then you have guys like Herbert , Mahomes, Lamar, Murray, Wilson come out of nowhere within several months....

Not sure how good Miami is. Did not watch the game yesterday but they were outgained 471 yards to 145. First downs 31 to 8. They scored on a punt return, long int return and a fumble recovery that they brought back to the 1 yard line. Understand that winning is all that matters and with a big lead they very well have played ultra conservative but I'm not ready to crown a team led by a rookie QB division champs just yet.

To be honest if the Patriots lose out when they have no business doing so it will dim my view of Bill as GOAT head coach.
Your opinion of the talent on this team is much higher than it should be.

At that same moment I turned to my wife and said, "I think the Pats have a good shot at a win if Cam doesn't do something stupid." Harris was going right through them and I thought it was just a matter of time before they took it in for the winning TD.
I looked at my Son and asked “does it make me a terrible person because I expect Cam to **** this up?” 1 play later, fumble. Ugh.

Your opinion of the talent on this team is much higher than it should be.
I think the Pats have a very good secondary, a good running game which has a lot of upside to become great and when healthy a very good OL. And a good coaching staff.

Id have a hard time looking at a 2-14 caliber team and finding one area where they are good at anything.

I think the Pats have a very good secondary, a good running game which has a lot of upside to become great and when healthy a very good OL. And a good coaching staff.

Id have a hard time looking at a 2-14 caliber team and finding one area where they are good at anything.
Our offense is an absolute mess. Everyone is going to fill the box and dare us to pass. When Cam steps back to pass, you cringe and hope it’s not a pick or some other type off I’ll advised negative play. Our front 7 can’t stop the run to save their life, and instead of getting better with the addition of Uche, Bill is ****ing around with Winovich and we have no idea what’s going on with Guy (unless I missed an update). Secondary is great, but doesn’t mean much if they’re getting gashed on the ground at 6-8 yds a clip.

I see us sweeping the Jets. 2 more wins. Other than that, maybe a fluke win, but I really don’t see any more wins on the schedule. If the team starts turning it around, maybe more wins, but they have been trending in the wrong direction hard and fast.

Our offense is an absolute mess. Everyone is going to fill the box and dare us to pass. When Cam steps back to pass, you cringe and hope it’s not a pick or some other type off I’ll advised negative play. Our front 7 can’t stop the run to save their life, and instead of getting better with the addition of Uche, Bill is ****ing around with Winovich and we have no idea what’s going on with Guy (unless I missed an update). Secondary is great, but doesn’t mean much if they’re getting gashed on the ground at 6-8 yds a clip.

I see us sweeping the Jets. 2 more wins. Other than that, maybe a fluke win, but I really don’t see any more wins on the schedule. If the team starts turning it around, maybe more wins, but they have been trending in the wrong direction hard and fast.
Totally with you about Cam. It’s literally uncomfortable watching him drop back to pass.

I also hate that we are getting gashed to the outside against the run and can’t tackle worth a lick. Hightower is also missed big time imo.

lol the Bills already blew Miami out.

In Miami too.

The Bills were up 11 with a minute left. A garbage time TD with 50 or so seconds on the clock made it a 3 point final differential.

The -1 point differential is due to 1 game.

Titans won by 26 which created an outlier in the statistics.

(I assume they teach outliers in STATS class in NE?)

Outside of that game, Buffalo is +25 for the season.

Miami is about to hit the tough part of their season coming up too.

Cardinals, Chiefs, Raiders, Bills, Patriots.

Oh 11 points is a blowout?

Josh Allen‘s Cinderella ball is over.

Will you also take out every team’s worst loss when calculating point differential? Hint: zero sum game. Remove Miami’s worst game and they are +68.

By the way, your upcoming games are against the Seahawks, Cardinals, Chargers, 49ers, and Steelers. Considering you’ve squeaked by bad teams and lost to good teams, it‘s 2-3 at best.

I don’t have a dog in the race. Whether it’s Miami or Buffalo gives no more or less rooting interest. I don’t mind either team. But Miami is better overall and will pull ahead. It’s been a really disappointing season for Buffalo for anything outside their win/loss record, which will change very soon as their opponent slate stregnthens.

Let‘s bookmark this and come back to it in December.

Last edited:
Totally with you about Cam. It’s literally uncomfortable watching him drop back to pass.

I also hate that we are getting gashed to the outside against the run and can’t tackle worth a lick. Hightower is also missed big time imo.
The tackling. My man, so bad! Watching these big ass men leave their feet on nearly every tackle just to wrap their arms and slide down as the runner breaks through, I can’t handle it!! These last few weeks have made quite a few guys out there on D look as if they are making business decisions. That’s how weak it’s been.

Another lucky win for the undeserving Barfalo Billiards...Nothing more, nothing less...By all rights they should be 4-4...At Best.

Last edited:

Will you also take out every team’s worst loss when calculating point differential? Hint: zero sum game. Remove Miami’s worst game and they are +68.

By the way, your upcoming games are against the Seahawks, Cardinals, Chargers, 49ers, and Steelers. Considering you’ve squeaked by bad teams and lost to good teams, it‘s 2-3 at best.

I don’t have a dog in the race. Whether it’s Miami or Buffalo gives no more or less rooting interest. I don’t mind either team. But Miami is better overall and will pull ahead. It’s been a really disappointing season for Buffalo for anything outside their win/loss record, which will change very soon as their opponent slate stregnthens.

Guess we’ll see.

Maybe the mighty Dolphins who the Bills beat easily are the true champs!

Not sure how that better team lost so bad, but weird things happen I suppose.

I dont think you need to cut Cam newton. he hasnt been good. but look at brady last year vs this year in Tampa Bay.

its possible to speculate that with better talent around him cam would be much better with the patriots. I think Bill realizes that too which is why he is still sticking with him.

Fair, i agree

Maybe, but on our system? Maybe after we have evidence of change, right?

The due dilligence part is prior to the season, now what we have is bare bones pool of options. Plus the whole time to get used to things....

Here's the thing u need to start assuming when dealing with future options: You have to assume that being right is almost as probableas being wrong. Of course analytics makes us believe that we are right at all times, but that is not how we should operate when creating future scenarios... One bad decision can have unforeseen consequences.

Like, what happens if Cam plays great next year? What if the guy that we brought in at the last second also sucks, but becomes good in another team? Time is still our lord...

i understand if you disagree with me. At this point I know that i think in the minority. In fact, I am working on a Master thesis about it. After you read it, you can tell me how dumb I am

PS - Im giving you one chance of being respectful again or I will eat your ass (on online form, of course).

I'm not familiar with the "eating your ass" expression. Is that a form of threat or a form of flirtation?

I'm not familiar with the "eating your ass" expression. Is that a form of threat or a form of flirtation?
Depending on the person, it can be both.

Up to you, tbh

Bills blew Seattle out today.

Still think Miami is better and will win the division?

And 49ers were blown out by green bay and bronco's were blasted out today .. which means we are probably in same league as jets, jags and possibly Texans...

That was a fun game.

I hope all of your players came out of it healthy.

Your team has so much heart and could have won this game with a couple different bounces.

Personally, I think you need to cut Cam.

He is really bad and there is no point In keeping him on the roster.

Look forward to the game in Foxborough!
And if it's Joe F###### Brady calling plays for the Panther Pisses, he needs to be lobotomized...

I’m glad you got the weird daddy issues to keep coming here looking for confirmation whether your team is legit from Pats fans.

Yes it’s true, we’ve ruled the division for far too long than anyone could of expected. AFC East banners were a hohum sidenote, racked up like your kids participation medals in soccer and tball. I can see why you would want to come here to justify your existence, stick out your tongue, stick it to the Pats fans so to speak. I can’t explain why you just started posting here all of a sudden just this season. Well I can, but ...

To be honest, I hope you do win the east. Wouldn’t mind watching another futile attempt by the Bills in the playoffs. Mind as well put this generation in straight jackets to go along with the 90’s bunch.

Btw, there’s a difference between being in control of a game and a blow out. You don’t seem to know the difference. A blowout is 41-10, 31-0, or maybe the score of your teams last 3 superbowls for example. 10 point victories where teams creep back into the game, but you lead most of the game is different. It basically means your team didnt play a complete 60 minutes of good football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back