PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good game Pats fans - And you need to Cut Cam Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to the Bills. The fans have suffered for many years and they must be loving their record atm.

A word of caution though : the Bills eek out a win VS an absolute mess of a team - at home... Buffalo has followed two losses with AFCE squeakers vs the NYJ and NE. I’d not feel comfortable in their odds vs the likes of KC, PIT.

Buffalo is easily the worst division leader in the AFC...

I refuse to believe Bill would even entertain the thought. This is a guy who is a football scholar and almost 70 trying to chase Shula in wins. Deliberately losing games would in my view be a stain on his legacy and I’m sure he feels the same way.

But if the Patriots lose out I stand by the thought that some serious questions will be asked about Bill and the coaching staff. And rightfully so. This team has no business losing 14 games as constructed no matter what the situation is.
I can only hope so. His cap declaration last week was nuts to me, bc it challenges some very basic principles of Game Theory in a level playing field and it solidified my opinion that he has changed a lot since he became a HC.

I dont know what to expect, to be quite honest with you

Cam is a dead end now. He is an impediment to the work that must be done. Working with a scattershot dimbulb like him will actually impede the development of our young receivers and will frustrate, even endanger the vets. Nobody is gonna learn anything playing, "I wonder where Cam might throw the ball this time." Dump him in the interest of "doing what is best for the team," not that there's been a lot of evidence lately that the team still holds to that principle.

As for the Bills, they're on the rise: we're not.
How can you be confident that Stid or anyone else that comes after Cam will be better?

Have you watched QBs in this league? Do you know how hard our system is?

We live and (most likely) die with Cam this year.

Miami is taking the division. Better team than Buffalo and teams going in opposite directions. Buffalo is an average team as evidenced by their -1 point differential.

Starting Izzo and no other TE's. (I'm convinced Izzo has compromising pics of BB somewhere).
He was the only guy available. The Patriots lost all other three tight ends late in the week (Burt injury Wednesday, Keene injury Friday, Asiasi personal Friday), and the 5-day Covid testing protocol meant the Patriots would've had to start testing free agents on Tuesday (when they had four available tight ends) in order to have them cleared to play Sunday (without any practice). It's kind of similar to how Belichick acknowledged that he needed to add a big DT, started the testing timeline on Carl Davis in time to have him practicing during 49ers week, and then immediately lost him to a concussion without time to replace him.

There's a DT and two WRs currently in that testing protocol, all veterans recently released from practice squads.

Miami is taking the division. Better team than Buffalo and teams going in opposite directions. Buffalo is an average team as evidenced by their -1 point differential.
The offense didn't look too good, they are better with Fitz although he may of thrown a turnover to make it closer. Those guys are playing over there. What a turn around in such short order. NE lost a great coach.

Do you know how hard our system is?
Then they need to change it. The Pats need to develop young WR's and a young QB in the near future. Keeping an overly complicated system though the sky's fall doesn't help the team and it doesn't help young talented skill players develop and thrive. It's like they're trying to pound a square peg into a round hole.

How can you be confident that Stid or anyone else that comes after Cam will be better?

I am not confident that Stidham is better (nor did I say I was), but it's basic due diligence to find out. Your assertion that no sucessor can be better than Cam is just plain dumb. As for staying with Cam: why? He's gone next year, and he blows this year. I'd rather pick up some castoff for a look/see. Then too, there's the unattractive but important fact that there are real-world advantages to sucking for the duration. A team this bad needs the best draft slots it can get.

Flores I think ought to get a look as COTY if that happens.

I don't think the league has ever had so many teams getting at least adequate play from their quarterbacks. It has never been easier to play the position at the NFL level, a lot of guys come in and perform at a good level right away. I have zero confidence in Stidham, but I think there are about 28 teams getting more out of their quarterbacks than the Patriots are right now, it's not hard at all to upgrade from the 2020 Cam Newton.

I can only hope so. His cap declaration last week was nuts to me, bc it challenges some very basic principles of Game Theory in a level playing field and it solidified my opinion that he has changed a lot since he became a HC.

I dont know what to expect, to be quite honest with you
To be honest if the Patriots lose out when they have no business doing so it will dim my view of Bill as GOAT head coach.

To be honest if the Patriots lose out when they have no business doing so it will dim my view of Bill as GOAT head coach.

I don't think Bill is trying this year...so take our 2020 record (whatever it ends up) with some skepticism. He may have brought in Cam to make it appear like he's trying to win games, but really he's not...yesterday's onside kick attempt tells the story.

I don't think Bill is trying this year...so take our 2020 record (whatever it ends up) with some skepticism. He may have brought in Cam to make it appear like he's trying to win games, but really he's not...yesterday's onside kick attempt tells the story.
Bill isn’t losing games on purpose. A coach who is a football scholar and chasing Shula all time? No way.

It’s one thing if they finish 6-10 or so. I can accept that. I can’t overlook 2-14. That would be 13 losses in a row with a team that is a lot better than that. That would also mean his team lost 10 more games the year after Brady. So yeah, optics. Shula never had a 2-14 season. Neither did Brown. Neither did Levy. Neither did Parcells. Neither did Lombardi. Walsh did but that was his rookie season only not a guy who has been coaching for decades. Bill knows all of this and that’s one reason why I refuse to think he is even entertaining the thought of tanking.

Will definitely have to reconsider whether Bill is the GOAT coach if that happens. Plus I still think there will be questions about his job.

Bill isn’t losing games on purpose. A coach who is a football scholar and chasing Shula all time? No way.

It’s one thing if they finish 6-10 or so. I can accept that. I can’t overlook 2-14. That would be 13 losses in a row with a team that is a lot better than that. That would also mean his team lost 10 more games the year after Brady. So yeah, optics. Shula never had a 2-14 season. Neither did Brown. Neither did Levy. Neither did Parcells. Neither did Lombardi. Walsh did but that was his rookie season only not a guy who has been coaching for decades.

Will definitely have to reconsider whether Bill is the GOAT coach if that happens. Plus I still think there will be questions about his job.

I hear you, but I'd give it a few years. I don't think he's deliberately sabotaging the Pats season, but I don't think he's trying to win the SB or make the playoffs either...

Then they need to change it. The Pats need to develop young WR's and a young QB in the near future. Keeping an overly complicated system though the sky's fall doesn't help the team and it doesn't help young talented skill players develop and thrive. It's like they're trying to pound a square peg into a round hole.
Fair, i agree
I don't think the league has ever had so many teams getting at least adequate play from their quarterbacks. It has never been easier to play the position at the NFL level, a lot of guys come in and perform at a good level right away. I have zero confidence in Stidham, but I think there are about 28 teams getting more out of their quarterbacks than the Patriots are right now, it's not hard at all to upgrade from the 2020 Cam Newton.
Maybe, but on our system? Maybe after we have evidence of change, right?

I am not confident that Stidham is better (nor did I say I was), but it's basic due diligence to find out. Your assertion that no sucessor can be better than Cam is just plain dumb. As for staying with Cam: why? He's gone next year, and he blows this year. I'd rather pick up some castoff for a look/see. Then too, there's the unattractive but important fact that there are real-world advantages to sucking for the duration. A team this bad needs the best draft slots it can get.
The due dilligence part is prior to the season, now what we have is bare bones pool of options. Plus the whole time to get used to things....

Here's the thing u need to start assuming when dealing with future options: You have to assume that being right is almost as probableas being wrong. Of course analytics makes us believe that we are right at all times, but that is not how we should operate when creating future scenarios... One bad decision can have unforeseen consequences.

Like, what happens if Cam plays great next year? What if the guy that we brought in at the last second also sucks, but becomes good in another team? Time is still our lord...

i understand if you disagree with me. At this point I know that i think in the minority. In fact, I am working on a Master thesis about it. After you read it, you can tell me how dumb I am

PS - Im giving you one chance of being respectful again or I will eat your ass (on online form, of course).

Last edited:
I hear you, but I'd give it a few years. I don't think he's deliberately sabotaging the Pats season, but I don't think he's trying to win the SB or make the playoffs either...
Agreed. I can buy that- I’m sure the Pats won’t go out of their way to really go for it this year like make a big trade to fill in a need for this year.

That’s a little different to me than “tanking” as fans say it - sabotaging a season and losing on purpose to get a better draft slot. Bill would never do such a thing.

It shouldnt imo

1 bad year doesnt stain the brilliance of his life.

I remember something Catfish Hunter said after the Red Sox roughed him up during a game early in 1978: "The sun don't shine on the same dog's *** everyday."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call