PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good game Pats fans - And you need to Cut Cam Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenCow

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
That was a fun game.

I hope all of your players came out of it healthy.

Your team has so much heart and could have won this game with a couple different bounces.

Personally, I think you need to cut Cam.

He is really bad and there is no point In keeping him on the roster.

Look forward to the game in Foxborough!

lol... you need to worry more about your Bills trying so hard to give this game away.

If they play like they did today, they aren't going anywhere.

I agree with you.

They have a lot to work on.

Cam had one job- to protect that ball. He didn’t.

Agreed. They basically asked him to be a game manager. You have to protect the ball.

Could Stidham really do that much worse?

And even if he was worse, doesn’t Belichick want to see what he truly has in him before the offseason?

Just seems like keeping Cam around doesn’t help the Patriots in the short term OR long term.

Last edited:
BB has always been placing emphasis on protecting the ball. Is he going to be consistent and bench Cam?

Agreed. They basically asked him to be a game manager. You have to protect the ball.

And even if he was worse, doesn’t Belichick want to see what he truly has him before the offseason?

Just seems like keeping Cam around doesn’t help the Patriots in the short term OR long term.
I agree. From what we’ve seen so far- yeah Stidham actually might do worse.

I agree. From what we’ve seen so far- yeah Stidham actually might do worse.

You’d know better than me.

But wouldn’t you want to see more of him in actual games before making a decision in the offseason?

And even if he was worse, doesn’t Belichick want to see what he truly has in him before the offseason?

Yes, have you seen Stidham?

BB has always been placing emphasis on protecting the ball. Is he going to be consistent and bench Cam?
Who on the bench will come in and protect the football?

No, we keep Cam until there is someone significantly better which we do not have right now.

That was a fun game.

Your team has so much heart and could have won this game with a couple different bounces.

It's not like I'd feel much better about Allen than about Cam at this point. At least we are aware that QB is a position of need. It seems like the coaching staff in Buffalo will throw away their competitive window to not acknowledge the fact that they have a QB that holds them back.

Which works out well for me because it is difficult not to root for Brian Flores as a person.

That was a fun game.

The only reason to cut Cam Newton or bench him is out of concern that he may win a few games here and there. Stidham/Hoyer would be a safer tank.

For all ragging on Cam for the fumble, I hope you realize they are not in that position to win late without his play to that point.

Some of the plays he made with his legs kept them in the game. This offense at the moment is essentially 1 QB, 4 RBs and 2 WRs. Cam is one of those 4 RBs. Without his contributions on the ground, they're not in that position late.

Cam is not perfect, you've got to protect the ball there (although credit to BUF for a nice play), but he's far from the only issue with this team. Issues with depth in the defensive front-7 and very few offensive playmakers.

If they can find a half-decent QB for the future, they'll be a top-contender again by 2021-2023 given their draft capital and salary to spend.

For all ragging on Cam for the fumble, I hope you realize they are not in that position to win late without his play to that point.

Some of the plays he made with his legs kept them in the game. This offense at the moment is essentially 1 QB, 4 RBs and 2 WRs. Cam is one of those 4 RBs. Without his contributions on the ground, they're not in that position late.

Cam is not perfect, you've got to protect the ball there (although credit to BUF for a nice play), but he's far from the only issue with this team. Issues with depth in the defensive front-7 and very few offensive playmakers.

If they can find a half-decent QB for the future, they'll be a top-contender again by 2021-2023 given their draft capital and salary to spend.

Get out of here with logic. No place for logic on a fan message board when the team has lost three straight.

Pats have lost too many winnable games so far..........Bad luck or HUTA plays......I don't think they can beat Miami with Tua at QB....

The Pats Defense runs hot and cold both on passes and runs...no consistency.....missed tackles and loose coverages....

That was a fun game.

I sincerely consider myself a Pat's fan since Cam came on board to NE. If you read my short post count, you will understand why.

That said, I'm honestly not certain why you are posting here? You seem like nothing more than an instigator.

On a sidenote, I was out in one front field working with the wife, had the phone in the truck and was checking updates on this game (couldn't get it on TV anyways). I saw where NE had the ball on like the Bills 20 yard line with under a minute, and I was stalling for time while my wife was working LOL. All of a sudden I saw it was the Bill's ball, and swear to God, thought to myself, "dang, hope Cam didn't fumble the ball or throw a stupid pic".

Looking at both sides good and bad of Cam (and in the past, I've noted I was no fan of his in Carolina for most of the time), I say let him play the Jets and if he loses the game, at that time, I'm not certain why keeping him on would accomplish other to have a back up that can you know can play.

The reality is football is a team sport. I didn't see the game. The fumble may of lost the game for certain, but did Cam have anything do with brining the team back into contention for the game? I read about the on side kick in the second half (sometimes you can read this forum to find out what's going on in the game instead of looking at "NFL scores" LOL), I've seem to of read here that it seems there were some questionable coaching calls during this game?

Last edited:
Congrats to the Bills. The fans have suffered for many years and they must be loving their record atm.

A word of caution though : the Bills eek out a win VS an absolute mess of a team - at home... Buffalo has followed two losses with AFCE squeakers vs the NYJ and NE. I’d not feel comfortable in their odds vs the likes of KC, PIT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back