PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Golden Tate to NYG

Pats did not want to pay that much salary to a free agent WR. Looks like we are hoping to draft a WR and overcome our 10 year curse at that position.

Pats drafted WRs since 2009:
Julian Edelman, Brandon Tate, Taylor Price, Jeremy Ebert, Josh Boyce, Aaron Dobson, Jeremy Gallon, Devin Lucien, Malcolm Mitchell, Braxton Berrios.

Yeah, not exactly a list of successes there in an entire decade of drafts outside of one notable exception.

Edelman was not a WR.

He was developed into the position. If we are drafting again to develop Brady will have grand kids by the time anyone is ready. In 19 drafts, Branch and Givens have been the only WRs worth drafting again if the Pats had it to do over again. Slater for his special teams. Thats it

I think Demaryius Thomas fits the “Bill.” He has an achilles injury plus the recent arrest that will scare off most teams.
Not sure about that guy.

I actually stated Cobb is a good route runner.I didn't specifically state that about Nelson. We may not even sign any of them but if we were, I'd prefer Nelson and Cobb over Bryant.

Um, no clue how I misread this totally then. Mea culpa. Sorry, the pitfalls of reading on phone in train I suppose.

I think Demaryius Thomas fits the “Bill.” He has an achilles injury plus the recent arrest that will scare off most teams.
They would sign him if they were smart. Wasn't it reported they tried to trade for him last trade deadline.

Hoping Dorsett can develop into someone like Amendola. 500-600 yards a year.

Hoping Dorsett can develop into someone like Amendola. 500-600 yards a year.

Think he can if he gets the chance to start as WR #3.

He had like 40 ypg without Edelman. Could make for a solid complimentary WR.

I'm ok without this guy.

Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) Tweeted:
New #Giants WR Golden Tate posted his version of the Jerry Maguire scene: "Show me the money!" Dov Kleiman on Twitter

Can you imagine if Patriots had signed this guy and he posted this right after, what JE11 would think?

This fool wasn't Patriot material, let him have fun with Eli, lmao.

Can you imagine if Patriots had signed this guy and he posted this right after, what JE11 would think?

This fool wasn't Patriot material, let him have fun with Eli, lmao.

It was originally from 2016 when he went from Seattle to Detroit.

He re-posted it following the NYG deal.

Not sure about that guy.
It may come down to someone like that, though. Aside from a draft pick that we’ll expect to make it, we may need a reclamation project like Demarius Thomas. Maybe Jordy Nelson. Someone at a reasonable cost who still has a shot to produce in the right environment.

In before someone posts “Dez?”

It may come down to someone like that, though. Aside from a draft pick that we’ll expect to make it, we may need a reclamation project like Demarius Thomas. Maybe Jordy Nelson. Someone at a reasonable cost who still has a shot to produce in the right environment.

In before someone posts “Dez?”
I see Jordy here way before DT

We have our team quota for head case players already with Gordon. Don’t get me wrong, I like Gordon and think he is close to elite or could become elite. However, mental tough players are always talked about here. Dez Bryant would be like having another Gordon. An older, slower, dumber gordon

It was originally from 2016 when he went from Seattle to Detroit.

He re-posted it following the NYG deal.
How original of him.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes