PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

GOAT FACTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOATs begin climbing and jumping off tree stumps and bales of hay when they're just a week old. At two weeks old, kids (baby GOATS) are fearlessly agile, running and leaping for fun.
2hZc8M0.gif

I'm convinced Garoppolo put him up to that.

In 2002 the Jets won the AFCE. In 2008 the Dolphins won the division in a tie-breaker.

They both won on tie-breakers vs the Pats (9-7, 10-6), which means that the Pats have had the best record in the AFCE since the day Brady took over, even when he wasn't playing. How good is that?

So Brady has a higher rating than Manning both indoors and outdoors, but Manning has a higher overall rating because greater % of games indoors.

At one point yes but you’re looking at 2014 numbers as the poster stated.... I believe the most up to date stats, Brady has surpassed him in career qb rating despite playing most of his games in cold and windy outdoors vs climate controlled indoors

At one point yes but you’re looking at 2014 numbers as the poster stated.... I believe the most up to date stats, Brady has surpassed him in career qb rating despite playing ,out of his games in cold and windy outdoors vs climate controlled indoors
I stand corrected, but my point was true in 2014 - and I was just pointing out the “paradox”. I don’t judge who is best by passer rating anyway. Stats are for losers.

I got an idea from someone here a while ago and started working on a complete list of the playoff success of all QB's. I used a point system of:
1 for making the playoffs, 2 for reaching the second round, 3 for the championship round, 4 for the SB and 5 for winning the SB
Below is how the top of the list came out so far

Player Yrs/Pts/Pts per season
Tom Brady 16/54/3.38
Roger Staubach 8/25/3.13
Joe Montana 12/34/2.83
Russell Wilson 6/15/2.50
Terry Bradshaw 13/31/2.38
Peyton Manning 18/41/2.28
Jim Kelly 11/24/2.18
Bart Starr 14/29/2.07
Troy Aikman 12/24/2.00
Norm Van Brocklin 10/20/2.00
Steve Young 10/20/2.00
John Elway 16/31/1.94
Ben Roethlisberger 14/27/1.93
Aaron Rodgers 10/19/1.90
Johnny Unitas 14/25/1.79
Joe Flacco 10/17/1.70
George Blanda 9/14/1.56
Bob Griese 14/21/1.50
Bobby Layne 13/19/1.46
Colin Kaepernick 5/7/1.40
Brett Favre 19/26/1.37

One thing that I forgot to add in that post is that the earlier players might have a slight edge because they played less rounds. It's the reason that I left Otto Graham off (he would have been a not so close 2nd to Brady). I also think that in the cases of earlier players they played in bigger divisions so they had a tougher road than we have now with 4 team division winners. It might tend to even out a bit.

I consider the "best" to mean without equal. The way I use the term the point doesn't stand.

9-7 is equal to and the same as 9-7 and 10-6 is equal to and the same as 10-6. That's my point.

eagle will be aggressive. but in the end, GOAT escapes for the win.

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have each been to the playoffs 15 times.
With a win Sunday brady will double mannings post season win total, and triple his championship total, while still having 4 fewer losses.

Thankfully Manning still has more Pro Bowl touchdowns than Brady! That's one record he can feel good about- it won't be broken anytime soon.

no, it's definitely an eagle. condors are scavengers.

Damn... I was thinking no way that's an eagle, that's just freakish huge.

What always impresses me is the winning percentage for Brady in playoff game, it is now 27 w's and 9 l's for a winning percentage of .750..

Try to imagine any professional sport where an athlete has a 75% winning rate over a period of 18 years..

Little factoid about #12 he is now has 1027 yards rushing and passing in his career.. (caught two passes for 59 yards '01 and '15)

Last edited:
Damn... I was thinking no way that's an eagle, that's just freakish huge.
yup, eagles are pretty big. golden eagles have a wingspan of up to 8 feet.

this one didn't end up so well for the goat:

this is just impressive. i think it's spliced together from different footage (the animal at the end in the nest seems smaller), but still....

Last edited:
Thankfully Manning still has more Pro Bowl touchdowns than Brady! That's one record he can feel good about- it won't be broken anytime soon.

It’s amazing how many delusional fan still cling to probowls and other useless volume stats and sports center highlights for their favorite athletes and when arguing who is elite...... I guess when they haven’t won anything meaningful that’s all they have.

Two GOAT facts that I'm surprised haven't gotten at least some play in the media. If Brady wins he'll break the tie with Bart Starr for NFL Championships for a starting QB currently at 5 each. I know everybody pretty much goes with the SB era but still. Second Brady is currently tied at 27 playoff wins with Peyton Manning who has 27 playoff starts. If they win Brady will have more wins than anybody else has starts. That's insane.

Not by the GOAT anyway . . . maybe Aaron Rodgers. LOL

Did you Know!? Like humans, GOATS like to snuggle. The "kid pile" is a common sight in the barn nursery, as they curl up with with each other for companionship and warmth.

74ce0eb178e3973c0fb1183074f0a8ae--sports-photos-sports-stars.jpg
url

What are they doing with that Lombardi in the bathroom!??!? How long were they in there!?!?! #Lombardigate!!!!!!!:eek:

I got an idea from someone here a while ago and started working on a complete list of the playoff success of all QB's. I used a point system of:
1 for making the playoffs, 2 for reaching the second round, 3 for the championship round, 4 for the SB and 5 for winning the SB
Below is how the top of the list came out so far

Player Yrs/Pts/Pts per season
Tom Brady 16/54/3.38
Roger Staubach 8/25/3.13
Joe Montana 12/34/2.83
Russell Wilson 6/15/2.50
Terry Bradshaw 13/31/2.38
Peyton Manning 18/41/2.28
Jim Kelly 11/24/2.18
Bart Starr 14/29/2.07
Troy Aikman 12/24/2.00
Norm Van Brocklin 10/20/2.00
Steve Young 10/20/2.00
John Elway 16/31/1.94
Ben Roethlisberger 14/27/1.93
Aaron Rodgers 10/19/1.90
Johnny Unitas 14/25/1.79
Joe Flacco 10/17/1.70
George Blanda 9/14/1.56
Bob Griese 14/21/1.50
Bobby Layne 13/19/1.46
Colin Kaepernick 5/7/1.40
Brett Favre 19/26/1.37

God why is Staubach so underrated still? What a damn beast. You hear Montana a lot but Staubach needs to be in the same conversation as Montana IMO.

Also I think your rankings are a little unfair to Bart Starr with this system. You are getting him on the downslop of his career too much due to when he played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick