PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

GM LOUNGE

Stidham is an interesting character in this crazy video game. If the staff actually likes him but just wanted to show him some tough love then wait until round 4-5 for one of the lower tier prospects if you dont like/miss out on the big 4.5. Like if they think Stidham can be a decent bu why overpay for another one? Odds tell you most mid-late rounders are bust so unless we fall in love I'm getting the best value I can.
If we don't think Stiddy is capable then cut the poor guy loose and move on. Grab Trask, Mond, Newman, White with 109 or use 109 & 140 to get in with a small trade up.

Atl and jete are the power players imo but both need to work out their current QB situation(s). I was thinking to myself that Washington might actually go after Ryan but they just got Fitz.
Anyway I could see Atlanta going either way with Ryan. I think Sam is as good as gone but who knows.

Rattler, Willis, Daniels, McCall, JT Daniels, Howell, Ridder, Slovis, Gabriel, Tagovailoa & a few others are all either top 25 or top 60 guys imo. Plus a few others that would be coming out early I won't bother with bc it's unlikely. Like I'm sure Ridder didn't get a 1st round grade from the draft committee but I have a hard time believing he wouldn't be a top 50 guy in this class? Anyway next year's crop looks like it might have some top heavy talent but deep as well. Plus we'll have a Burrow or Jones appear.

I'm hoping we still have some good relationships in Detroit or even Phila. Again jete & Atl hold a big hand but after them it looks like the other squads aren't in the market for QB's.
To get into the top 10 (for a QB) I suspect we're looking at 15 + 97 + 2022 1st & 2nd. Maybe a little more. I wonder if Gilmore is involved as a piece in any potential talks?

If it's similar to what I proposed I'd do it for a 20-21 yo I can develop.

Agreed. Cam was bad but didn't get a fair shake. Give him NFL talent to work with and let's see what happens with the defense after a down year.

Again Stiddy is an interesting one. They have to make a move one way relatively soon.

Thanks BGC - ill be adding some thoughts, evals a bit later - its crazy out there, mediots & co in full swing :)

Thanks BGC - ill be adding some thoughts, evals a bit later - its crazy out there, mediots & co in full swing :)
Agreed! I'm a mess trying to stay awake, put coherent thoughts together and try to stay with all the news. I'm optimistic I'll say that. I'll be back through.

I’m thinking it has to be either qb or LB in the 1st round.

parsons, Collins or horn at 15, gives us a monster defense!

moore of ole miss at 47, and we have a receiving Corp next season better than anything we have had in several years.

No fan - At All - of a CB in the 1st round, unless Billy by some miracle acquires Multiple Additional Day 2 picks.

#15 should yield us either DE Kwity Paye, LBs Zaven Collins or Micah Parsons, LT/LG Alijah Vera-Tucker, QB Trey Lance...or a Trade-Down.

No fan - At All - of a CB in the 1st round, unless Billy by some miracle acquires Multiple Additional Day 2 picks.

#15 should yield us either DE Kwity Paye, LBs Zaven Collins or Micah Parsons, LT/LG Alijah Vera-Tucker, QB Trey Lance...or a Trade-Down.
A DB in the first round would be tragic. I want a nasty front 7 player if of course all the QB's are gone.

The only thing in my mind is how much it would cost to go leapfrog the Panthers for a potential QB pick.

I think its in the cards, but Its gonna be expensive

ill do some recapitulations and analysis here a bit later when the dust settles

one thing we can say is that ROSTER BALANCE convo was on the $
if there is anything we can safely conclude already re new signings is that they are all in or entering their prime.
So the importance of balancing the old+young roster with heavy dose of “middle age“ 25-30 that was badly missing due to weak drafts and some bad luck w injuries - was real.

As predicted - this was basically a heavy re-drat.

ROSTER BALANCE

At the moment Pats not only have uncharacteristically many starting positions to fill but glaringly unbalanced roster in terms of age. That is one thing that is generally overlooked but is essential imo; having players in their prime on long term deals = sound roster & cap.

Of 62 players currently under contract only 7 are in their prime (27-30) and only one of them is a starter - Mason + two regulars/rotational (J.Jones, Phillips) (im not including very uncertain players like opt-outs that never played a snap for NE). 8 players are well over 30 and the rest are kids many of them not having even one full year in the process.

This is combination of poor Draft classes over last several yrs & relative cap constraints & some FA misses as well. From 2013-2016 (2nd contract/prime yrs) - only Mason and Cardona are still on the roster. Keeping home grown talent is not always easy but is essential to have it to some extent as important part of the core of your roster. They will probably bring Andrews back, maybe Wise and White but it still wont be the home core you'd like.

Thats another reason why I would expect loading on those medium contracts to bring in as many solid young vets in their prime.

Who you got?

I really like Humphrey, and acknowledge that he will be long gone by #96...but #46 is still too early for me.

Meinerz stands a better chance of being available at #96, and would represent tremendous value there, same as Ohio State's Joshua Myers.

****erson's injury history is frightening; #96 is the Earliest I would look for him.

Green is a Day 3 guy, preferably late 4th round, same as Grambling's David Moore.

Jackson & Morrissey among others are Priority UDFAs, same as Andrews was.

Last edited:
Who you got?

Ill stay within my prediction option 2 and prefer Meinertz bc he's more athletic and played stronger of all in Senior Bowl.

BB will probably like ****erson better.
If it stays w just Karras - def. one of top 4

OPT1: Andrews - DRAFT/Hainsey - VET MIN

OPT2: MACK/KARRAS - D2/3 (HUMPHREY/MEINERTZ) - VET MIN

Not that it matters for Ne this year :) - but for future reference

Ill stay within my prediction option 2 and prefer Meinertz bc he's more athletic and played stronger of all in Senior Bowl.

BB will probably like ****erson better.
If it stays w just Karras - def. one of top 4
****erson is very good, but he has had several knee issues and would be off my board due to medical. I have no problem taking Meinerz at 96.

On the offensive line this offseason.

1.) replace RT cannon with RT brown. Upgrade!

2.) replace center ferentz with center/offensive guard karras. Upgrade!

3.) replace thuney with onwenu. Slight downgrade!

4.) still need a replacement for ot elumenor.

What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Back