PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Globe headline: Texans "nearly pulled off" upset

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Just no. All the Texans points came off of Pats mistakes, 13 came from turnovers and 3 came from a penalty extending the drive after the Pats stopped them on 3rd down

And if you are gonna play the "few plays" game then the Pats were a few plays away from winning 40-0

But like Bill said though, the Pats were out of sync in the 1st half. They were depending on "Prayers" to turn field position or to score. We also got a 98 yard run back for a TD.. ultimately it probably wouldn't have mattered we would have won the game, but the game itself could have been closer maybe even a nail biter.

If Houston even had a decent QB who knows how that game turns out.

It's not just the Globe. Listening to the telecast last night one would think that Houston was up 28-3, when in fact the Texans never had the lead. By far the loudest and most excited Nantz got all night was when he prematurely called a Houston touchdown pass that Fuller was unable to catch.

It is no wonder at all that many watching (or more specifically, listening) to the game would be led to believe that the Texans nearly won.

Then there was the runback of the loose ball that Nantz & Simms both completely missed. How this happened when the referee initially announced that the illegal substitution occurred after the fumble recovery is unfathomable. Even if they missed that a producer from the truck should be in both of their ears telling them what is going on.

I watched most of the game on mute, and I don't feel I missed a single thing. Frankly the game was just as easy if not easier to follow with no sound. The audio commentary was a distraction that offered zero insight whatsoever.

And this is CBS number one crew? Perhaps I should just be relieved it wasn't Dan Fouts offering his opinions.

The Houston Texans hit Tom Brady repeatedly and nearly pulled off a historic upset. bos.gl/sUlsH7l #Patriots

Lol wut?
Gee, I got the print copy of the Globe this morning, just went on line for the updated edition and couldn't find that headline in ether place. Then I entered the address you provided. Still no luck. Where did you find that, again?

Gee, I got the print copy of the Globe this morning, just went on line for the updated edition and couldn't find that headline in ether place. Then I entered the address you provided. Still no luck. Where did you find that, again?

I copied and pasted it from their twitter feed. I would have embedded that in the post but I can't get the link to a tweet using mobile.

I copied and pasted it from their twitter feed. I would have embedded that in the post but I can't get the link to a tweet using mobile.
Their Twitter feed? So, it wasn't a "Globe headline" from their newspaper or website and you can't provide a link that works...Sure...

Their Twitter feed? So, it wasn't a "Globe headline" from their newspaper or website and you can't provide a link that works...Sure...

Good enough for you?

The Houston Texans hit Tom Brady repeatedly and nearly pulled off a historic upset. bos.gl/sUlsH7l #Patriots

Lol wut?

The Globe still thinks Peter McNeeley "almost beat" Mike Tyson.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back