PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Globe headline: Texans "nearly pulled off" upset

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Houston Texans hit Tom Brady repeatedly and nearly pulled off a historic upset. bos.gl/sUlsH7l #Patriots

Lol wut?
Pats sucked.. but yeah wtf are they talking about? It's one thing to admit we looked rusty.. even strangely nervous in my opinion... but I never once though even for a moment they would not win this game. Hell they covered that huge spread. (on a later FG too, imagine if you had money on the Texans.. )

I'm actually impressed with how well the Texans D played. Having watched almost none of their games, I was expecting a paper tiger. But instead, they seemed like the real deal, and never gave the Pats a chance to find their rhythm.

Kudos to Romeo Crennell for coaching up that defense! I wouldn't be surprised if the teams we face next week (or in the Super Bowl) try to replicate the same gameplan

Last edited:
I'm actually impressed with how well the Texans D played. Having watched almost none of their games, I was expecting a paper tiger. But instead, they seemed like the real deal, and never gave the Pats a chance to find their rhythm.

Kudos to Romeo Crennell for coaching up that defense! I would not be surprised if the teams we face next week (or in the Super Bowl) try to replicate the same gameplan

Agree 100%. Romeo did the same thing to the 2007 Pats. If you remember the Browns game that year was uncomfortably close. The Giants said that was their model for how to play that Pats team.

Well they were close to scoring 20+ points which I'd say would be an upset..

That game was close and could have turned on a few plays. They Pats could have easily lost that game.
Absolutely.

The Houston Texans hit Tom Brady repeatedly and nearly pulled off a historic upset. bos.gl/sUlsH7l #Patriots

Lol wut?

Seriously? What other team in this league wins 34-16 and the narrative is a "near upset"? :rolleyes:

Why not a "Rusty Patriots bring their C- game to divisional and still blew out the other team" narrative?

The funny thing is that the people screaming this was a blowout and not close are the people on the game day threads posting about how the Pats suck and what a joke they are.

Almost an upset if you took Houston with the 16 point spread.

Yes, the game looked sloppy for what we expect from the Patriots but we won by more points than Atlanta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes