PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Glad traffic is still strong here... we're Pats fans, dang it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss the original ESPN board from the mid 90's when there was one board for all teams........DaBruinz was there, Bulkness (I killed s hark once) the Vikings fan, Emerson_Boozer the Jets fan....place was overrun with Steeler fans but it was a fun place.

I also miss arguing politics........it's like snorting horseradish
Snorting horseradish is something you miss? I might have to try it.

@oldrover thanks for starting this thread!!! You always put a smile on my face:thumbsup:
(hijack-ramble on)

Right back at you, young lady. :) Mrs. Rover and I only had sons... but if we'd had a daughter, I'd want her to be like you... level headed, not taking any bee-ess from anyone, and probably pretty psyched to get permission to stay up late and watch the Pats on MNF on a school night. (assuming your homework's done LOL) ;)

Of my family, at least my youngest son finally got into the Pats... in time for the last three SB's. My oldest just isn't into sports... and Mrs. Rover was raised a Jets fan. :oops: Fortunately, due to the excellence of BB and TB, her Jets cancer has been in remission for 2 decades. ;)

(lojack-ramble off)

Snorting horseradish is something you miss? I might have to try it.
you live in Floriduh...stick to the Peruvian marching powder.Horseradish is too expensive... :cool:

Reactions: Ian
you live in Floriduh...stick to the Peruvian marching powder.Horseradish is too expensive... :cool:
I hear it’s better for the heart, though.

Hey! I live here too. And this is Jacksonville... really more like southern Georgia. Our drug of choice is bourbon... and tobacco. ;)

Hey! I live here too. And this is Jacksonville... really more like southern Georgia. Our drug of choice is bourbon... and tobacco. ;)
Don’t listen to this Townie Kook. He lives in Riverside.

There is going to be a Super Bowl drought until the Pats find a new QB. Quite possibly a playoff drought too. The Jets and Bills will have top 10 QBs.

Unlike Kontra, who is the epitome of "Florida Man". :D
How are you enjoying it over on that side of town? I actually love Riverside. It’s just a haul from Jax Beach.

Yeah, for so long, Mid-December has meant "First or second seed?"

Too many out here don't remember when Mid-December meant hoping we'd maybe get to 8--8.

How many of you remember the Bills going to four straight SB's when the Pats won a total of 14 games over those years...14-50... But at least we got the pleasure of "Wide Right" and three humiliating losses.

This year has been relatively stress-free. We got some false hope a couple of times but reality set in...helped that the Rams were part of that since you KNOW that they'd trade the beatdown last week for reversing "13--3".

Anybody who says they know where this team is going next year or the year after forgets 5--11, 11--5, "The Quarterback was in the process of tucking the ball...", John Madden's "what Tom Brady just did gives me goose bumps" and #4 good from 48 yards.

There could be a few lean years or they could be playing deep into January before we know it. I'm sticking around.

How are you enjoying it over on that side of town? I actually love Riverside. It’s just a haul from Jax Beach.
It's great. A short walk to Avondale for restaurants and shops, a short walk to Five Points for bagels (or Publix).

And the river's three houses away.

For now. LOL

I miss the original ESPN board from the mid 90's when there was one board for all teams........DaBruinz was there, Bulkness (I killed s hark once) the Vikings fan, Emerson_Boozer the Jets fan....place was overrun with Steeler fans but it was a fun place.

I also miss arguing politics........it's like snorting horseradish
Now voting is like snorting horseradish.

It's great. A short walk to Avondale for restaurants and shops, a short walk to Five Points for bagels (or Publix).

And the river's three houses away.

For now. LOL
Hope you got good flood insurance. That area floods like a mother****er during hurricanes.

Hope you got good flood insurance. That area floods like a mother****er during hurricanes.
We do. The house's first floor is actually the basement, above ground. So it's elevated.

That said, we met the folks who lived there for the flood in the 1960's. Apparently the water rose right to the front door, ten feet above the ground. :oops:

I used to live up by Navarre. If I had to love in Florida I'd set up shop there. Love the gulf coast

The Pats are going into a Super Bowl drought until they can find a new QB. This could take a while. The AFCE is going to be tough sleding with the Jets and Bills having found their young QB. Not sure about the Dolphins guy, but there is no denying that Miami is improving as a team.

Reaching the playoffs will be our Super Bowl for the foreseeable future.

We do. The house's first floor is actually the basement, above ground. So it's elevated.

That said, we met the folks who lived there for the flood in the 1960's. Apparently the water rose right to the front door, ten feet above the ground. :oops:
Did they say how they did during Matthew? I ask because there was a nor’easter that blew down for 3 straight days before the hurricane was even off the coast. All of downtown and Riverside were under water. I live 3 blocks from the beach in South Jax Beach and we flooded badly, too. Thank God I didn’t live right on the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back