PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Glad traffic is still strong here... we're Pats fans, dang it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they say how they did during Matthew? I ask because there was a nor’easter that blew down for 3 straight days before the hurricane was even off the coast. All of downtown and Riverside were under water. I live 3 blocks from the beach in South Jax Beach and we flooded badly, too. Thank God I didn’t live right on the beach.
THere was water in the basement, but nothing was affected. Receded, dried out... still standing. Hey, it's 100 years old. I figure if it's lasted this long, we should be okay. :)

Hope you got good flood insurance. That area floods like a mother****er during hurricanes.
When I lived in FL, the only flood insurance you could get was through the state. Private companies stopped coverage after Andrew when they took a real bath...no pun intended.

we'll be back to home game blackouts, especially for Late season games that mean nothing. we'll see much fewer season ticket renewals for next year. we could potentially see a home game ticket market where you'll get below face value prices on the secondary market similar to Cincinnati and Cleveland over the last 5 or so years. When Boston teams suck, people don't show up. it's not like buffalo where the place is packed to the gills in November when the team is clearly headed to 6-10. In the past 20-25 years all Boston teams have played to 50-75% capacity crowds when the team was bad. I remember buying game day Bruins tickets at the ticket office and sitting in a half full Garden. Ditto for Red Sox and Celtics. People are not going to pay some of the highest ticket prices in the league to watch a bad team, pay $40 to park and dedicate an entire day to going to Foxboro.
I was in high school in the late 80s/early 90s. My friends father worked for the phone company and they always had crews at the games doing something w stadium or team ops. anyway, things were a lot less strict back then and my friends dad would get us into many a game and we'd sit there and watch those Pat's teams get thumped in front of 30K fans.
Yup! Used to come home from college in the late 80s early 90s and buy decent seats on the 25 yard line. We even got to sit in the actual seats they had at the old stadium. Not the aluminum benches. It is so difficult to get in and out of that stadium. There will be plenty of seats available in 2022.

I have enjoyed this season more than last season to be honest. I'd rather have a spunky team that can't get it done vs a whiny under performing team that can't get it done. I think if Covid did not hit the team they would have a much better record. This year was going to be bad with the salary cap situations and the number of opt outs. I think this season will end up being good in the long run as new players had a chance to shine.
COVID didn't cause Stidham/Cam to be our QB situation...just saying. Every team was at a COVID disadvantage.

I'm torn at this point... between wanting the team to go for it as long as they're in playoff contention (insert laughter here ;) ), or just ripping the bandaid off and evaluating talent for next year.

I'll let Bill know what I decide. :haha:

I'm rooting for Belichick to pass Shula in total wins. That's what I'm holding onto for now. It's wierd to think we have no idea if the Patriots will win another Super Bowl for the next decade. Have to believe Belichick will find another quarterback somehow.

The Pats are going into a Super Bowl drought until they can find a new QB. This could take a while. The AFCE is going to be tough sleding with the Jets and Bills having found their young QB. Not sure about the Dolphins guy, but there is no denying that Miami is improving as a team.

Reaching the playoffs will be our Super Bowl for the foreseeable future.

should shake the dingleberries free

COVID didn't cause Stidham/Cam to be our QB situation...just saying. Every team was at a COVID disadvantage.
With you here but COVID did make it more of a challenge to bring either of them up to speed with a real offseason

I'm rooting for Belichick to pass Shula in total wins. That's what I'm holding onto for now. It's wierd to think we have no idea if the Patriots will win another Super Bowl for the next decade. Have to believe Belichick will find another quarterback somehow.
Welcome to the rest of the NFL.

Welcome to the rest of the NFL.

1608304012102.png

Yeah...so there I was in 1995 or thereabouts....posting on the Unofficial Patriots.com web board, because NOBODY posted on that ridiculous Patriots.com board, the most fan unfriendly site in internet history. Anyway, I had a couple of boards back then, the War Zone and another I can't seem to remember...yes, what a blast...hitting refresh, waiting for a minute and seeing if A message had been posted or replied to. Heh...I actually had a press pass back then I held until BB came on board. It was at this time that, while scouring the internet looking for Patriots related information with my dial up connection, I stumbled across Ian Logue's Patriotsfans.com. I was ecstatic to find almost a half dozen regular board participants talking Pats football. I mean sometimes you'd get an answer to one of your posts in the same hour!

Well, anyway, the Unofficial board bit the dust and all the regulars, like Zip and Rocks, morphed on over to Patsfans.com and the rest is history. The Rivals boards went belly up and we got another infusion of rabid Pats fans..and the rest, as all of you can plainly see, is Patriots fan history. That ridiculous official board stayed up for a few years but Kraft eventually crapcanned it because it had such lousy traffic. He hired an Indian cyber team to run it and they knew exactly SQUAT about the NFL and even less about the NE Patriots and its' fans.

My point is, we all owe Ian Logue a HUGE debt of gratitude for the work he's done to make THIS one of the pre-eminent sports clearinghouses on the net. Go anywhere in this great country and you'll find plenty of people who know little about New England but everything about the Patriots, thanks to this site.
Hear! Hear!

I was an AOLe from the mid 90s thru the first half of the dynasty. I regret that I didn't stumble onto this sooner but I'm grateful for the years that I've had here. It's truly one of the best.

One of my first memories was of you @Joker and your exposing of Goodell, the former Jets employee turned Dictator. I had been arguing with Jet fans who were trying to deny that he was with those losers. Ironically, it was at that time that the Goon's wikipedia page changed chronologically to what you have as your sig. When I first viewed the page it had his first employer as the Jets, but right around Crygate it changed to NYFL, Jets, NYFL. To this day I wonder if that's true or not.

Anyway, thanks to everyone here who has made my Patriots fandom even more enjoyable than it would have been. And most of all thanks to @Ian, the GOAT of site hosts.

This is 100% the absolute greatest part of starting to be a trash team. I almost hope for a couple 2-win seasons so I can get season tickets when all the "The NFL is a joke I'm done giving them my money when the GOAT HC and GOAT QB leave" people leave
I don't believe that those people, if they do exist, are season ticket holders.

Yeah, for so long, Mid-December has meant "First or second seed?"

Too many out here don't remember when Mid-December meant hoping we'd maybe get to 8--8.

How many of you remember the Bills going to four straight SB's when the Pats won a total of 14 games over those years...14-50... But at least we got the pleasure of "Wide Right" and three humiliating losses.

This year has been relatively stress-free. We got some false hope a couple of times but reality set in...helped that the Rams were part of that since you KNOW that they'd trade the beatdown last week for reversing "13--3".

Anybody who says they know where this team is going next year or the year after forgets 5--11, 11--5, "The Quarterback was in the process of tucking the ball...", John Madden's "what Tom Brady just did gives me goose bumps" and #4 good from 48 yards.

There could be a few lean years or they could be playing deep into January before we know it. I'm sticking around.
I remember the Bills losing those four straight but I was pulling for them. My hatred for the NFL was mighty strong back then. The NFL was on a 13 year SB winning streak that put them so far ahead of the AFL that we didn't catch up until the last two years with NE and KC wins. Overall though, the AFC has crushed the NFC head to head.

What I remember about the Pats back then was the feeling that every time we got close to the playoffs and needed help from another team, it never came. This year feels the same way.

THere was water in the basement, but nothing was affected. Receded, dried out... still standing. Hey, it's 100 years old. I figure if it's lasted this long, we should be okay. :)
My brother lives in Lake Mary and a few years ago I gave him a little ribbing about a storm that went through there. He sent me this picture.

Rebuild.jpg

Granted the emotional investment isn't as high because there is less to play for but still watching the games, reading the articles, checking the stats and still sitting through BB's gawd-awful pressers....

Losing sucks but still caring vs not caring or indifference is 100000% worse.

and.....

SneakyWarmDevilfish-size_restricted.gif

I miss the original ESPN board from the mid 90's when there was one board for all teams........DaBruinz was there, Bulkness (I killed s hark once) the Vikings fan, Emerson_Boozer the Jets fan....place was overrun with Steeler fans but it was a fun place.

I also miss arguing politics........it's like snorting horseradish

You are one of the best posters when politics are off the table. :whistle:

Reactions: Ian
You are one of the best posters when politics are off the table. :whistle:

depending on your political bent, I'm one of the best ones in that, too...........at least I am willing to admit that at one point, I was wrong

Reminds me of pre-2001 days... more like early-mid 70's days...

4qnjfm.gif

...all of the hope... lacking a bit in team talent... still a heckuva lot of fun. :)
Do you have a scratching post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore