PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gilmore vs Law

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDigital

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Law being in his prime of course and both forced to play under the same rules. Who would you rather have?

We can also through Haynes in there if you want, but I think it makes more sense to focus on the two premier CBs of the BB era.

Can't go wrong. Because of height and difficulty succeeding in modern game - I will choose Gilmore. Was happy to root for both and had confidence in both players.

Ty Law was a well rounded CB who did everything well the thing I really love about him was his support in the Run Game. Law could tackle with the best of them. That said Stephon Gilmore seems like a CB in the Deion Sanders mold.

Gilmore. No one has dominated the position like this since Revis (or maybe Sherman, though he wasn’t really a bump and run guy). The rules are a huge factor here...there were other shutdown corners when Law was in his prime.

Gilmore would have been even better if he played 20 years ago.

Law was incredible, but Gilmore is the better CB, more complete.

Law is in the HOF, so any comparisons to him suggest Gilmore is a HOFer too...

Much tougher to be a cover corner in today's game. Much tougher. But then again you all knew that.

Thus far Ty Law is in the HOF. If Gilmore's career ended today, I don't think he would make it. So as of right now, Ty Law. Ty has 15 years, 203 games, 5 Pro Bowls, 53 Ints, and 823 Int return yards.

Thus far Ty Law is in the HOF. If Gilmore's career ended today, I don't think he would make it. So as of right now, Ty Law. Ty has 15 years, 203 games, 5 Pro Bowls, 53 Ints, and 823 Int return yards.

I think the question is who’s better in their prime, not who has the better career (obviously that’s Law right now).

Are we comparing careers or ability? Two totally different things. Why are people bringing up Laws resume. We know its superior.

Are we comparing careers or ability? Two totally different things. Why are people bringing up Laws resume. We know its superior.

Because it establishes a context. It is very difficult to compare a player who plays now to a player who was in his prime 15 years ago. Memories are short. Human tendency is to remember here and now. Most people assume the best of their era is the best of all time. LeBron vs Michael will never be settled, although I think its Michael. I cannot fault someone for saying LeBron. Giving Ty Law's context helps remember how special he really was. I don't think that is rocket science.

Because it establishes a context. It is very difficult to compare a player who plays now to a player who was in his prime 15 years ago. Memories are short. Human tendency is to remember here and now. Most people assume the best of their era is the best of all time. LeBron vs Michael will never be settled, although I think its Michael. I cannot fault someone for saying LeBron. Giving Ty Law's context helps remember how special he really was. I don't think that is rocket science.

Ty was awesome. I was a huge fan of his and still am. I am not caught in any moment. I just reminded everyone that its much tougher to be a cover corner in todays game. That weighs in Gilmore's favor.

Gilmore, but there’s no wrong answer.

Ty was awesome. I was a huge fan of his and still am. I am not caught in any moment. I just reminded everyone that its much tougher to be a cover corner in todays game. That weighs in Gilmore's favor.

Oh that is fine. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion. I don't see it that way. I don't care if the other posters don't like my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots