PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gilmore traded to Carolina

Now in seriousness, if they turn around and offer a long term deal to Jackson - is that a good trade off and use of cap space? Given the way the secondary has played thus far...worth discussion.

WTF????

Are you seriously telling me, you couldn't trade him???

Plus they would have to release him with an injury settlement.

Getting rid of Gilmore with the play of the three CBs is the right move longterm.

Getting nothing for Gilmore is a disaster. From a potential first round pick after 2019 to getting released.
I said it before and Ill.say it again should of traded home the following year of him winning defensive MVP.
Would of gotten a first at worst a second now we get nothing but pain.

In hindsight, trading him before the 2020 season would have been the right move.

With that said I'm sure there were inquiries and the return on the trade was not to BB's liking.

Getting injured last year really hurt his trade value. Over 30yo CBs with soft tissue injuries is not good.

Not having been in training camp hurt his trade value.

Not seeing him play in 2021 hurt his trade value.

His contract demands hurt his trade value.

It is what it is.

No shortage of Monday thru Saturday drama with this team

I wanted to deal him, but if it's not possible, I'm all for it. Our shot at the Lombardi is shot and he isn't coming back next year. Getting rid of him to save a significant cap savings towards next year is great for us. We made a big mistake hanging onto Thuney last year, glad we won't blow like 8-10M for possibly 11 games of Gilmore. That savings could be Jackson's next deal. Plus our secondary is very good as is.

Thanks for everything Gilly, huge part of a championship and arguably was the game's MVP.

wow. I mean, do we save a bunch against cap or something? Do we think he's damaged? Did Brady talk with Belichick about this and does BB get to coach in Tampa next year b/c Arians is retiring? Does asking questions like these make me sound like the outro of a "Soap" episode? Tune in next week...

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back