PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gilmore traded to Carolina

I don't understand why we don't at least trade him? Do we get a pick this way if he signs a big deal elsewhere? No one wanted to pay anything for him? Really strange.

Very difficult to trade a player in the last year of his contract because for the other GM, not only do you have a player that you might lose at the end of the season because he's a FA next year, but you're also paying the bulk of his contract, even prorated.

JC Jackson’s tryout as a CB1 thru 10 games:

54.7% comp 4 TDs 5 INTs 73.4 rating

No excuse not to extend him now. He faced two games vs. arguably the best receiver in the league during that stretch.

BB has some balls I'll tell you what. No comp pick? No one wanted to give up a 5th for him ? He must be stone cold serious about his contract before he plays another down. This almost never works out for the player?

Why would you give up a 5th for a player you might lose at the end of this season? No guarantee he resigns with you once he hits FA at the end of this season.

I'll revise that slightly - they won't break the bank to retain him (they will make an offer) and someone else will. I agree that is a likely outcome.
Hello Jalen Mills, CB1.

Why would you give up a 5th for a player you might lose at the end of this season? No guarantee he resigns with you once he hits FA at the end of this season.
I mean why wouldn’t Tampa? They are in win now mode and have stacks of CB injuries.

Personally, I think this has more to do with Gilmore refusing to pay at his contract value than anything else

I don't know how to post a tweet but Breer says he's healthy but not in football shape. He will be signed somewhere I would think.

Shocking.

BB must need roster spots. Is it OL COVID armaggedon?? Or wants more LBs until he finds one who works.

is he just pissed off at Gilly and doesn’t want to pay him. All the talk in preseason was he was there and acting like a dB coach while hurt.

im confused

My madden team just took a hit.

I mean why wouldn’t Tampa? They are in win now mode and have stacks of CB injuries.
Wouldn't they of given up a 7th for at least the right to hold his rights and negotiate with him. I don't know if they can afford him and they won't be alone. KC?

Hello Jalen Mills, CB1.
Here's where I'll disagree - this team has demonstrated in the past a willingness to expend money/cap space/other resources on the CB1 position for "name" guys.

Yes, there is a chance they wave goodbye to Jackson, but there's also a chance they pay him or someone else for that role.

If I’m the Bills I pair him up with White to form the best 1-2 duo in football.

We couldn't get someone to give us an olinemen for him? did BOB join the front office? what is goin on.

I don't understand why we don't at least trade him? Do we get a pick this way if he signs a big deal elsewhere? No one wanted to pay anything for him? Really strange.
Do you think if we could have gotten something for him we wouldn't have traded him? Did Bill say, hmm, what should I do, get a 4th Round pick for him or just release him and get nothing? The answer is there was no team interested in trading for him...why trade for him when he's not willing to take a discount...per Schefter....he is not taking a discount, a team is going to have to pay him.

We both know Bill will let him walk
I don't know man. I know what you mean because it's Bill but with a QB on a rookie contract can't he afford to keep one of his own or does he think he's not that great?

They just signed Sherman and will be in cap hell soon. No way they can afford Gilmore and he has refused to take a discount.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back