PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gilmore tests positive now

Status
Not open for further replies.
They shouldn't have played the Chiefs game. Should have suspended the game and add additional BYE weeks. NFL was extremely reckless and irresponsible for forcing the teams to play on Monday when Cam was just tested positive a day prior.

Shame on Roger Goodell and the owners.

They should have never allowed the season to even be played. This was inevitable.

Sunday’s game probably not happening at this point would be my guess. And hopefully it doesn’t, there’s going to be more positive test pop up for the Patriots and we’d be without our two best players in a must win game.

Oh it will happen. Pats best offense and defensive players out? Chance for them to drop 2-3 and give the bildos a 3 game lead? No brainer for the league to try to get this game in

Maybe relevant to the Bills too...

Raiders played the Pats
Pats played the Chiefs
Raiders played the Bills
Raiders play the Chiefs Sunday
Bills & Titans are supposed to play Sunday
Chiefs & Bills play next Thursday
Pats play the Broncos this week, who play the Chiefs week 7.

Pats, Raiders and Chiefs have all had players test positive within the last 4 days and the Titans are still testing positive

This is gonna spiral

Last edited:
The players need to go into a bubble if they are going to make this season work...

No matter how careful players are they have children who are going to school ect and will always be at risk even if they don't leave the house outside of going to the Pats facility and games.

Unless you do a complete bubble this is unavoidable.

This spread could get wild from this

-Raiders break covid protocols
-play the Pats
-Newton tests positive
-one of the Raiders DL tests positive (played against the Bills before testing positive)
-Gilmore tests positive
-Chiefs and Raiders play this week (Chiefs/Bills play next Thursday)
-Chiefs had a PS player test positive and just played a game against the Pats

Good job herr goodell
What would you like him to do cancel all the games?
I hate Goodell as much as anyone but millions of people have gotten this disease worldwide and acting like it’s preventable and the only cause is stupidity is foolish.

Forcing them to play on Monday looks like a really great idea by the league.

**** the league for endangering the health of every player just so they didn't have to go through the uncomfortable move of moving a game back in the schedule. Instead pack players who are in the fcuking middle of the incubation time of this virus all into two airplanes and a hotel and make them travel to a game hours before kickoff.

Seriously **** the NFL for the moronic decision to play on Monday. I'd normally hope that the entire season comes down crashing and burning due to their idiot decisions but that would put other players in danger and obviously nobody can root for that.

No matter how careful players are they have children who are going to school ect and will always be at risk even if they don't leave the house outside of going to the Pats facility and games.

Unless you do a complete bubble this is unavoidable.

The Bubble will drive people bonkers.

Like a prison. The hockey bubble goes quick with games back to back or a few days apart.

They shouldn't have played the Chiefs game. Should have suspended the game and add additional BYE weeks. NFL was extremely reckless and irresponsible for forcing the teams to play on Monday when Cam was just tested positive a day prior.

Shame on Roger Goodell and the owners.
If you cancel every game with every team with one positive test, you have to cancel the season. It may lead to that but you have to try.

The NFL is really looking like all the Soccer Associations I know of (and they are VERY corrupt, in case u didnt know and yes, generalizng, but fairly cause they suck)

There isnt a single league right now that isnt dealing with Covid-19 and bc there isnt an union on Soccer, the players have simply accepted that they are being put to their lucks.

Im surprised the NFL is doing the same, having an union in place.

I have no idea what you are talking about but most Football Associations are not corrupt at all. It is mostly FIFA and their process to give away World Cups that is taking a big dump on the credibility of the sport. Similarly all of the big leagues have much better protocols and measures in place with most no big clusters happening since they restarted their competition a few months back. Some are even already allowing spectators back.

The NFL is a clown circus compared to La Liga, EPL or Bundesliga. Same for the intercontinental competitions like Champions League or the Europa League. Hell, even the Italian Serie A is better organised. So I am kinda confused what you are talking about.

They won’t accept that.

I know they won't, but they can't have it both ways. Either you stay in the bubble from September to February (December for most) or you are at much greater risk to getting covid. The players were the ones complaining about being "scared"...well, this is the format they chose. Look at what Gary Bettman did in the NHL, and I'm no fan of his. He insisted on a bubble and it worked out. I don't recall a single NHL player getting covid during the summer, but I could be wrong. Same deal with the NBA.

The handshakes/hugs at the end of the game between players need to be banned. Who knows how many people Gilmore infected, including Mahomes. This is all on Goodell and the NFLPA.

**** the league for endangering the health of every player just so they didn't have to go through the uncomfortable move of moving a game back in the schedule. Instead pack players who are in the fcuking middle of the incubation time of this virus all into two airplanes and a hotel and make them travel to a game hours before kickoff.

Seriously **** the NFL for the moronic decision to play on Monday. I'd normally hope that the entire season comes down crashing and burning due to their idiot decisions but that would put other players in danger and obviously nobody can root for that.

The NFL, a multi-billion dollar business, had half a year to figure out a contingency plan for possible COVID-19 cases. Instead, they went on as if the pandemic doesn't even exist.

Unbelievable incompetence.

How ironic is it that our two best players get it...? Staged..

Not any more likely than 2 PS player getting it. I'd be shocked if this remains the last positive. If there is one thing to be learned from the absolute disaster that is how the league handled the Titans situation is that the Pats game needs to be moved right now to give the team enough time to get through the incubation period before returning to practice.

But of course that won't happen..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST